American Publisher Found Dead In His South Pattaya Apartment

Rimmer

American Publisher found dead in his South Pattaya Apartment

murder-8.jpg
PATTAYA:--The body of a 57 Year old American was found in his South Pattaya rented apartment on Wednesday and Police suspect he died in suspicious circumstances.

Police Colonel Suwan, the Pattaya Police Chief, was the first on-scene at the Sombat Apartments in Pratamnuk Soi 4, and inspected the body of Mr. Timothy Joseph Carr who, according to his Thai Work Permit, was the Managing Director of Punk Media Company which is listed as a publishing company registered at an address in Jomtien.

A long knife wound across his chest was evident and his naked body was on the floor in the apartments study.

Around the room was signs of a disturbance and numerous blood stains. There was also evidence of drug usage after the Colonel spotted a rolled-up 20 Baht note and a plastic card covered in white powder.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/82556/american-publisher-dead-south-pattaya-apartment/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-04-10

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This Tim Carr was a somebody.

He signed the Beastie Boys for anti-Christs sake!

RIP, Tim Carr. I hope that the true cause his death is revealed.

From the OP. This is pretty atrocious. Are they showing clips of Reefer Madness in the Thai police training program?

Police are currently unsure if a third-party was involved in the death or if the drug taking may have caused Mr. Carr to fall into a crazed state which led to his eventual death.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/31/arts/music/31rama.html?_r=0

With artistic direction by the conceptual artist Rirkrit Tiravanija, in
charge of his first theatrical production, and “concept and libretto
compilation” by Tim Carr, a former record-company scout who signed the
Beastie Boys, moved to Thailand and now manages most of the bands that
were onstage, “Ramakien” had exquisite moments and awkward ones.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

With the help of Tim Carr, an American writer and former A&R executive living in Thailand who had worked with such bands as the Beastie Boys, Megadeth, Ash and Cornershop, a demo tape of the band was sent to some producers. The first to respond was Owen Morris, who had produced albums by Ash, Oasis and The Verve. Morris was flown to Thailand by GMM Grammy to be introduced to Sek. After seeing the band perform before 50,000 people at the Pattaya International Music Festival,

Morris was duly impressed. Hitting the studio, Morris produced three

songs from the demo album, "I Wish I Could", "I Just Wonder" and "Fly

Away", along with "Love Is My Religion" and two "rave-ups" that were

improvised and developed in the recording sessions, for Sek's debut

English-language album, For God's Sake, which is awaiting release

as of December 2006. Sek also recorded some Thai tracks with Owen

Morris, "Chun mai sum-oiy" ("ฉันไม่สำออย"), "Karm chun pai korn"

("ข้ามฉันไปก่อน") and a punk version of the earlier hit, "Pantip", which

are included in the 2005 compilation, Sek Loso:The Collection.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loso

• Like 2

OK, this man wasn't Marilyn Monroe but he perhaps has had a more "important" life than the average f-rang suspicious death case in Pattaya.

Does that mean the investigation of his death will get more attention by the authorities, or not?

Ethically, should it?

Let's face it -- so many of these local investigations are shoddy. Will this one be any different?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

This Tim Carr was a somebody.

He signed the Beastie Boys for anti-Christs sake!

RIP, Tim Carr. I hope that the true cause his death is revealed.

From the OP. This is pretty atrocious. Are they showing clips of Reefer Madness in the Thai police training program?

Police are currently unsure if a third-party was involved in the death or if the drug taking may have caused Mr. Carr to fall into a crazed state which led to his eventual death.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/31/arts/music/31rama.html?_r=0

With artistic direction by the conceptual artist Rirkrit Tiravanija, in

charge of his first theatrical production, and “concept and libretto

compilation” by Tim Carr, a former record-company scout who signed the

Beastie Boys, moved to Thailand and now manages most of the bands that

were onstage, “Ramakien” had exquisite moments and awkward ones.

Knew him quite well, spoke to him on the phone 2 weeks ago.

He was also Sek Loso's ex manager and he managed the Lam Morrison Rock Pub when it was open.

RIP Tim.

:(

Is it a coincidence or crime against farang increased tenfold after russians come here?

You got somebody to kill? Call 1-800-RUSMAFIA to kill while they are in Thailand, (and other countries Russian Mafia has operatives).

I did not know the man personally, but as an American of some stature I would speculate to say that his contact with the Russian Mafia may have been minimal.

Yes, crime does seem to have increased against people with white skin color since the increase, but I have seen no statistics to back this up. Any statistics would be quickly challenged among those that understand how the Thai policing system works - most here are fairly familiar with the basic workings.

Thais coincidentally have trouble telling us apart from the Russians, I was last time asked if I was sent by someone with a Russian name, when I went into one of the clubs. I told them I wasn't and that I was there to observe and I was given free beers anyhow. Strange world that Pattaya place, but a good way to get away from the seriousness of the big smoke down the road in Bangkok.

I would say this death which appears to be on the verge of being considered a suicide through self inflicted wounds whilst under the influence of narcotics may have a little more attention than the average death placed on it by the US Embassy - it is famous for looking after its' figures of importance and rightly so IMO -many embassies do not do enough for their nationals overseas anymore.

Edited by sbk
quote of deleted post removed

With the help of Tim Carr, an American writer and former A&R executive living in Thailand who had worked with such bands as the Beastie Boys, Megadeth, Ash and Cornershop, a demo tape of the band was sent to some producers. The first to respond was Owen Morris, who had produced albums by Ash, Oasis and The Verve. Morris was flown to Thailand by GMM Grammy to be introduced to Sek. After seeing the band perform before 50,000 people at the Pattaya International Music Festival,

Morris was duly impressed. Hitting the studio, Morris produced three

songs from the demo album, "I Wish I Could", "I Just Wonder" and "Fly

Away", along with "Love Is My Religion" and two "rave-ups" that were

improvised and developed in the recording sessions, for Sek's debut

English-language album, For God's Sake, which is awaiting release

as of December 2006. Sek also recorded some Thai tracks with Owen

Morris, "Chun mai sum-oiy" ("ฉันไม่สำออย"), "Karm chun pai korn"

("ข้ามฉันไปก่อน") and a punk version of the earlier hit, "Pantip", which

are included in the 2005 compilation, Sek Loso:The Collection.

I do believe that I've actually heard of Oasis. Dont like them much though.

I dont have a clue who any of the others are.

Regarding how vigorously this mans unfortunate death will be investigated,

it all depends how much spotlight is placed on this death by the outside world.

Should it be this way? No

But it is the situation.

RIP dude.

The body of a 57 Year old American was found in his South Pattaya rented apartment on Wednesday and Police suspect he died in suspicious circumstances.

Who writes these articles and photo captions, 13-year-old junior high school students?

• Like 1

Music Director Tim Carr found Dead in Pattaya Home
PATTAYA:--The body of a 57 Year old American Song writer and music producer , Tim Carr, has been reported as being found in his rented South Pattaya home under what Police describe a suspicious circumstances

Recognised as one of those who helped Thai musician Sek Loso take his music from Thailand to the world and who worked with such bands as The Beastie Boys, Megadeath and Ash, the former executive with A& R records was found with deep knife wounds to the chest by his landlord who entered the home after failing to get a response at the door.
Full story:http://www.pattaya103.com/tim-carr-dead-pattaya/

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2013-04-10

most likely a narcotics related issue.

SekLoSo was also heavily under drugs and his wife or gf forced him to quit.

Seems to me he was a danger for some drug related rings.

Considering the offensive against drugs there which could provide an answer.

Edited by wealth