Visa For Non Thai Baby Born In Thailand

Hello,

Me (Polish) and my girlfriend (Indian) had our baby daughter born in Thailand. She is 3 months old now and has a Polish passport.

Today we left the country for the first time since she was born and went to Kolkata, India to get new tourists visas.

Do we need to get one for the baby too?

I'm reading that there is no fine for baby under 7 years old overstay so maybe it's better to just get her an on arrival 30 days stamp??? Would we have any trouble with the immigration when leaving (and returning to) Thailand next time. We live here but we are between jobs hence our current visa run.

And one more thing - my girlfriend and mother of the baby should be getting a non b visa anytime soon. Can she get a dependent visa for the baby when she has an Indian passport and the baby - Polish? We're not married.

Thanx in advance for you reply - I need some information quickly as we're going to the embassy tomorrow to get our visas done. (by the way - doe's anybody have any experience with getting a double entry tourist visa in the Kolkata embassy?)

Airline could refuse boarding as baby will not have onward ticket to qualify for visa exempt entry so I would get a tourist visa - once here she can overstay without issue. As mother of child has no status here (extension of stay for employment or such) the question of dependent visa is redundant.

There is no overstay fine for a child under 15, but for entry into Thailand a child needs a visa as anyone else. She can try to get a visa for the child as her dependent if she qualifies for a non-B. The Polish passport shouldn't matter.

Airline could refuse boarding as baby will not have onward ticket to qualify for visa exempt entry so I would get a tourist visa

We (mom and dad) have a reservation for another ticket but it's only for June by which time the baby will have overstayed by around 30 day.

When we were leaving Thailand earlier today the immigration lady told us that the baby can come back on the 30 days stamps. Will the airline (air asia) refuse boarding if both parents have tourist visas? Especially that babies that age usually don't need separate plane tickets and as they fly on their parents tickets? The question is are they that strict with babies?

Many times TV members post questions about non-thai babies born in thailand and their Visa related issues.

correct me if i am wrong but is the simplest answer not......

Babies born in Thailand and non-thai nationality dont need visas -15 unless leaving the country and return back to Thailand?

All visitors to Thailand require visas or visa exempt entry - there is nothing different about having been born in Thailand of foreign parents that changes this. If born here and no visa obtained they will be overstay even if a fine is not imposed. The simple answer is that being born in Thailand of foreign parents does not provide any special consideration.

Many times TV members post questions about non-thai babies born in thailand and their Visa related issues.

Babies born in Thailand and non-thai nationality dont need visas -15 unless leaving the country and return back to Thailand?

All visitors to Thailand require visas or visa exempt entry - there is nothing different about having been born in Thailand of foreign parents that changes this. If born here and no visa obtained they will be overstay even if a fine is not imposed. The simple answer is that being born in Thailand of foreign parents does not provide any special consideration.

From a logical, technical perspective, a child born in any country is nominally a citizen of that country and possibly also a citizen of both parent's countries. In the US, any child born there is a US citizen.

With a Thai birth certificate, and legal assistance, I strongly suspect the child could obtain a Thai Passport. Thai leal assistance is a must, because of the language...

From a logical, technical perspective, a child born in any country is nominally a citizen of that country and possibly also a citizen of both parent's countries. In the US, any child born there is a US citizen.

With a Thai birth certificate, and legal assistance, I strongly suspect the child could obtain a Thai Passport. Thai leal assistance is a must, because of the language...

Unless one of the parents is a thai citizen, or both parents are permanent residents of Thailand, then the child won't be a thai national.

>All visitors to Thailand require visas or visa exempt entry - there is nothing different about having been born in Thailand of foreign parents that changes this. If born here and no visa obtained they will be overstay even if a fine is not imposed. The simple answer is that being born in Thailand of foreign parents does not provide any special consideration.

That is absolutely incorrect. It all depends on the nationality law of the country in question. Some countries do indeed give citizenship if you are born in their country, but many other countries, like Thailand, do not.

The child does not have Thai nationality because it is born in Thailand.

It is a pretty hot topic, the Xenophobes under the Thai elite has influenced Thai government policy in such a way lately that children born in Thailand could even be slept with illegal entry. which is utmost stupidity of course because they entered Thailand not through a traditional entrance.

Anyhow, you will indeed not get a fine for a child under 7 and as a Polish citizen (EU citizen) you probably do not need a visa. Still I would apply for a visa anyhow. Although the chances are zero that a policeman or immigration officer will ask for the ID of a baby, it is better safe than sorry.

It is a pretty hot topic, the Xenophobes under the Thai elite has influenced Thai government policy in such a way lately that children born in Thailand could even be slept with illegal entry. which is utmost stupidity of course because they entered Thailand not through a traditional entrance.

And sir, what you are speaking can be politely described as horse poo.

• Like 1

The poster asked 'does my baby require a visa' and was answered by lopburi3 in post 2.

As said it is the airline that could deny boarding if a ticket out of Thailand within 30 days was not shown. With a visa this wont happen.

( samran... I don't think politeness was called for)

ockquote>From a logical, technical perspective, a child born in any country is nominally a citizen of that country and possibly also a citizen of both parent's countries. In the US, any child born there is a US citizen.

Unless one of the parents is a thai citizen, or both parents are permanent residents of Thailand, then the child won't be a thai national.

same same in the UK

Your baby dôesnt need a Visa to stay in Thailand until 14 years old literally

every time ur guys get out of Thailand, immigration in airport doesn't think your baby live here illegally and u won't pay any coins ,,,,,,,when ur baby enters Thailand and gets a stamp as other adults , he can stay in Thailand as long as he wants until the day your guys would travel to other countries , things repeat the same as mentioned above . ( airport - your destination - back to Thailand - immigration ( passport control ) - stamp- bkk city - airport- immigration - stamp - your destination )

Well, take it easy and it really works in this way .....I have a 2.5 years old baby girl and we travel 2 times a year to other countries like China, Philippines, Singapore , Australia and HK ..she has no non- immigrant visa yet , but my husband and I are on non- b + work permit for 7 years....My daughter and I are Chinese passport holder while my husband has filipino passport ....

Since my daughter has enrolled a billion school lately , we have been doing a Non- O visa for her , which the school helped us process all the documents .....student's visa will do as well.........The reason why we got her a legal visa was we traveled to other countries quite a lot and those embassies think she could get the visas easily if she holds a legal thai visa in Thailand ......As your baby is a polish national , I don't think u need worry too much about it while traveling ......

Hope it helps u.........cheers.....

Your baby dôesnt need a Visa to stay in Thailand until 14 years old literally....

Your are right, the baby does not need a visa to stay in Thailand, but she needs a visa to travel to Thailand, ie to be allowed to get on the plane that flies to Thailand.

Well, I just share what I know about the visa for baby born in Thailand to non Thai citizen based on my experience.......pls get more info. From your embassy and immigration in terms of your condition .....

When we fly from china to Thailand , we did go to thai embassy to get a tourist visa -60 days for my daughter to enter Thailand , coz Chinese immigration requires ppl to get a visa no matter where we go ......after that, we don't do visa extension as I mentioned above, thai immigration won't fine u when u get out of Thailand ..

When we fly from Singapore/ Australa/ USA/ Philippines to Thailand, we do get her a visa on arrival in the airport and pay 1000฿+ 1 photo ,....it always works......

Now she is in the school , to avoid a long queue for visa on arrival, we are doing her a non- o visa ...

I guess I v explained pretty clearly .....

Ur guys need dig more ..

You just said you were doing exactly what we have told everyone - you obtain a visa for entry - that is the only use of a visa and you do indeed do that. On entry that tourist visa only allows a limited period of stay - once beyond that time the person, child or adult, is overstay and subject to 500 baht per day fine up to 20,000 maximum and deportation. But for children this fine is not collected under the age of 15 - but that is a policy - not the law. The child is overstay under the law and normally this will be noted on exit in Thai on passport..

>All visitors to Thailand require visas or visa exempt entry - there is nothing different about having been born in Thailand of foreign parents that changes this. If born here and no visa obtained they will be overstay even if a fine is not imposed. The simple answer is that being born in Thailand of foreign parents does not provide any special consideration.

while I agree a child born in the US can obtain US citizenship, that is US law, other nations have different laws, best to check

Well, I just share what I know about the visa for baby born in Thailand to non Thai citizen based on my experience.......pls get more info. From your embassy and immigration in terms of your condition ...

The OP's embassy in Bangkok is not the most suitable source for information about visa requirements for travel to Thailand, nor is the immigration office in Thailand. The ideal source is the Thai consulate where one plans to apply for the visa and the airline with which one plans to travel.

Having read all the posts here we "chickened out" decided to get our baby a touris visa in Kolkata, just to be on the safe side and not get into any trouble on our way back to Thailand, at the airport. I believe we could have gone with an onward travel ticket reservation from Thai Airways (they allow you to make a reservation without payment and it works so far it worked in some situations when an onward ticket was required) but we decided not to risk it, payed the 2000 Rs extra and got her a visa.

As I cannot imagine doing visa runs with a baby, she'll probably overstay her current visa. In the meantime we will try and figure out a more permanent solution for her- some visa based on her mom's Non B (yet to come).

One thing I found strange while applying for our visas in Kolkata was that when we were filling in the form they asked us to state how many children are accompanying us on our travel to Thailand - both me and my GF stated one but the visa we eventually got states zero. I don't even know why they ask for this information if the child need a separate visa anyway...

Ah, and if you want to get a double entry tourist visa in Kolkata than it's possible - but you do need to have all your flights in and out of Thailand reserved. The most annoying and strangest thing was that form my GF (Indian) they required a ticket back to India..no anywhere else but only India.

Thanx for all the feedback.

Once your wife (or you) is working and on an extension of stay your child would be eligible for an extension as her (or your) dependent. You would first have to get her a single entry non-o which could be gotten at any nearby embassy or consulate using her Polish passport.