Looking For Quality Breakfast Buffet.

Deserted

About time we had an interesting thread! It sure beats the "where can I buy a gun/electric fence/Rottwieler to protect my house" nonsense.

For 198B you wont find better than Casa Pascal, just opposite the Royal Garden. Loyalty card available on request.

If you fancy something at the lower end of your budget, I may have a suggestion also. (Personally I go to both sorts of place, variety being the spice of life.)

• Like 1

About time we had an interesting thread! It sure beats the "where can I buy a gun/electric fence/Rottwieler to protect my house" nonsense.

For 198B you wont find better than Casa Pascal, just opposite the Royal Garden. Loyalty card available on request.

If you fancy something at the lower end of your budget, I may have a suggestion also. (Personally I go to both sorts of place, variety being the spice of life.)

198baht is really in the high end range, what would you suggest for the folks not swimming in gold ?

• Like 1

You've got me longing for some black pudding. Where do they serve that in Pattaya?

You've got me longing for some black pudding. Where do they serve that in Pattaya?

I dont know of any buffets that have black pudding but you certainly get it in the 99B set breakfast at the Irish Rover on LKMetro. I'm sure that some other set breakfast places around there must include it also.

Personally I prefer the sort of buffet place that does traditional Western breakfast items and Thai items and salads etc, rather than the greasy plate specials which are pretty unhealthy.

Last year I stayed at Areca Lodge and was impressed with the buffet breakfast. Whilst not a huge selection of food, what was available was quality.

A chef was on hand to cook eggs to your liking. Most customers enjoyed the ham omelet, with the scrambled eggs also very popular. Bacon was properly cooked, not stringy and burnt....(as served at the Apex Hotel.)

Various types of bread for toasting, including croissants, and some nice Thai food for your missus. Corn flakes, fruit, juices etc. as you would expect.

The cafe overlooks the pool and the staff are excellent at re-filling your coffee cup.

I don't know how much they charge for walk-ins but I'm sure the price would be reasonable.

Edited by Mighty Mouse

Last year I stayed at Areca Lodge and was impressed with the buffet breakfast. Whilst not a huge selection of food, what was available was quality.

A chef was on hand to cook eggs to your liking. Most customers enjoyed the ham omelet, with the scrambled eggs also very popular. Bacon was properly cooked, not stringy and burnt....(as served at the Apex Hotel.)

Various types of bread for toasting, including croissants, and some nice Thai food for your missus. Corn flakes, fruit, juices etc. as you would expect.

The cafe overlooks the pool and the staff are excellent at re-filling your coffee cup.

I don't know how much they charge for walk-ins but I'm sure the price would be reasonable.

I reckon you would be talking the 300 baht ++ level but that is just a guess - would be interested to know if anybody is passing.

I dont know of any buffets that have black pudding but you certainly get it in the 99B set breakfast at the Irish Rover on LKMetro. I'm sure that some other set breakfast places around there must include it also.

Personally I prefer the sort of buffet place that does traditional Western breakfast items and Thai items and salads etc, rather than the greasy plate specials which are pretty unhealthy.

Thanks for the tip. I only eat a fry up breakfast about every couple of weeks. I remember eating the most delicious black pudding in Accrington and Haslingdon, in the Lancashire hill country.

Casa Pascal is the best of all names given. And they have real butter croissant. But the chairs are not BBM friendly. All of them with armrest.

Another great one and BBM friendly is Hotel Denmark in soi White house at Jomtien for 160. Bakery is little lower quality/taste but the rest far far superior to Casa Pascal.

Irish Rover cheap full English breakfast one plate for 99. Not very comfortable chairs for BBM

BBM= Big Beautiful Man

Edited by POMPOUI

As if this hasn't been done to death.............

Casa Pascal is the best of all names given. And they have real butter croissant. But the chairs are not BBM friendly. All of them with armrest.

Another great one and BBM friendly is Hotel Denmark in soi White house at Jomtien for 160. Bakery is little lower quality/taste but the rest far far superior to Casa Pascal.

I fit easily into the chairs at Casa Pascal and I'm no lightweight.

Hotel Denmark is indeed also good (though not in Pattaya as requested) but I disagree that all the ingredients there are better. Some are (slightly), some aren't. The coffee is not good and the juice is warm and not good.

Look no further then either the Lek Hotel or the Apex Hotel on Second road, both not far from Royal Garden Mall.

These are quite low quality.

Well, the OP's price range is B100 - 200 so what do you expect? Better quality cost more!

If you use the loyalty card at Casa Pascal you get 18 baht credit (to be used every eight visit) each time you have a buffet breakfast which brings the price down to 180 baht.

The chairs are comfortable, they have today's newspapers as well as quality food.

Look no further then either the Lek Hotel or the Apex Hotel on Second road, both not far from Royal Garden Mall.

These are quite low quality.

Well, the OP's price range is B100 - 200 so what do you expect? Better quality cost more!

Casa Pascal is significantly better quality for very little extra cost and still well within the budget stated.

In my opinion there are no good breakfast buffets in that range though there are some just so-so ones. Stuffing yourself with a bunch of digestively incompatible foodstuffs is not a great idea. My friend does this and always complains of feeling bloated.

In Bangkok you can get some good breakfast buffets(or used to be able to) with things like sushi and quality ingredients but not at that price range.

Edited by BugJackBaron

Irish Rover cheap full English breakfast one plate for 99. Not very comfortable chairs for BBM

BBM= Big Beautiful Man

Probably intentional to keep the fatties out...I mean, the goal is to actually make a little profit on the meal and that's hard to do when folks go back and pile high their plates 4-5 times.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

BBM= Big Beautiful Man

Probably intentional to keep the fatties out...I mean, the goal is to actually make a little profit on the meal and that's hard to do when folks go back and pile high their plates 4-5 times.

very true ...some people this is their only meal of the day ...an old guy told me ....go to the apex or lek twenty mins before it closes and its a brunch ..same for the diana ......i have seen guys go 5 .6 times to refill their plates

198baht is really in the high end range, what would you suggest for the folks not swimming in gold ?

200 baht is not in the high end range. Most that are still considered edible are around 150baht. You saying an extra 50 baht (I'm cheap but I think this buffet is worth the extra 50) moves it into 'high end range'.