Looking For Quality Breakfast Buffet.

Deserted

Look no further then either the Lek Hotel or the Apex Hotel on Second road, both not far from Royal Garden Mall.

And prepare to run to the toilet about 30 minutes later.

100% nonsense. I've eaten there for years many many times and not once have I ever had stomach problems from Apex buffet.

If you use the loyalty card at Casa Pascal you get 18 baht credit (to be used every eight visit) each time you have a buffet breakfast which brings the price down to 180 baht.

The chairs are comfortable, they have today's newspapers as well as quality food.

Also you are in air con. You don't get that with some of the other buffets like Apex.

Casa Pascal is the best of all names given. And they have real butter croissant. But the chairs are not BBM friendly. All of them with armrest.

Another great one and BBM friendly is Hotel Denmark in soi White house at Jomtien for 160. Bakery is little lower quality/taste but the rest far far superior to Casa Pascal.

Irish Rover cheap full English breakfast one plate for 99. Not very comfortable chairs for BBM

BBM= Big Beautiful Man

Probably intentional to keep the fatties out...I mean, the goal is to actually make a little profit on the meal and that's hard to do when folks go back and pile high their plates 4-5 times.

I have an very large friend who's main concern when eating out is always the chairs and he had no complaints with Casa Pascal chairs.

I think Casa Pascal's goal is to get people to consider them for a nice fine dining dinner. I would have never considered them for that had I not found out and visited for their breakfast.

In my opinion there are no good breakfast buffets in that range though there are some just so-so ones. Stuffing yourself with a bunch of digestively incompatible foodstuffs is not a great idea. My friend does this and always complains of feeling bloated.

There's no law requiring anyone to eat too much or even to sample everything that is on offer in a buffet. I like these places because I can take my pick of what I fancy. I dont suppose that I eat much more there than I would if I had a set breakfast somewhere, but I do get what I want rather than what someone else thinks I want.

For example, I like some bacon and one egg for breakfast, with some well-done brown toast, and I also like some ripe raw tomatoes with raw onion as a salad on the side. I can get this easily in a buffet but I would probably have trouble finding it as a set dish. And even if I did I wouldnt be able to pick out the individual tomato slices that I want, and my toast probably wouldnt be how I like it either.

A buffet has all the advantages of eating at home without all the inconveniences of shopping for small quantities of many things, preparing everything and washing up afterwards.

+1 everything you said.

apex hotel and lek hotel both on 2nd road, both serve absolute slop 220 baht thats £4.40 or $7..........i personally eat light at kiss food on 2nd rd, kiss is one of the best places in pattaya for good cheap food and fast service.

though nothing in this world beats a coffee and a plate of pad kapow moo latte song kai dow mai suuk on soi nam keing for 60b ;-)

Edited by asiansun

apex hotel and lek hotel both on 2nd road, both serve absolute slop 220 baht thats £4.40 or $7..........i personally eat light at kiss food on 2nd rd, kiss is one of the best places in pattaya for good cheap food and fast service.

though nothing in this world beats a coffee and a plate of pad kapow moo latte song kai dow mai suuk on soi nam keing for 60b ;-)

Huff huff..ok I'm up on the soapbox now. No good buffets in Pattaya period. Bangkok yes but good ones not cheap.

Best value for money is the 1000 baht one I saw in that big central hotel in Vientienne, Laos a few months ago. Quality ingredients.

Probably this was doable in Thailand 20 years ago. Not now.

Huff huff..ok I'm up on the soapbox now. No good buffets in Pattaya period. Bangkok yes but good ones not cheap.

Maybe you dont get out much here.

There are several very good buffets in Pattaya. There are also some pretty poor ones. And a load more that sit somewhere in-between. And I find that all quality levels are often better value here than in Bangkok, with some notable exceptions for ethnic buffets (Indian, Chinese etc) which are generally very poorly done here.

Fried rice with pork with 2 fried eggs if I'm correct but where is soi nam keing ?

Is there a good daytime (afternoon) lunch buffet in town ? I usually wake up late for the breakfast buffets

Casa Pascal runs till 2pm. It is advertised as a brunch.

Apart from that the obvious one is the Hilton lunch buffet which I think is 12 - 2.30. That is a lunch not a brunch though.

Then the evening things start up at around sunset and go on till around 10.

• Like 1

You call apex 'slop' and yet you eat at kiss? Pot meet kettle. Kiss is probably the worst food in Pattaya and not even that cheap anymore...but hey...their hanging menus are pretty with big english lettering. If you want cheap go to a food cart...oh wait...no pretty menus in english...that's a deal breaker I guess.

Edited by lapd
  • Like 1

In my opinion there are no good breakfast buffets in that range though there are some just so-so ones. Stuffing yourself with a bunch of digestively incompatible foodstuffs is not a great idea. My friend does this and always complains of feeling bloated.

There's no law requiring anyone to eat too much or even to sample everything that is on offer in a buffet. I like these places because I can take my pick of what I fancy. I dont suppose that I eat much more there than I would if I had a set breakfast somewhere, but I do get what I want rather than what someone else thinks I want.

For example, I like some bacon and one egg for breakfast, with some well-done brown toast, and I also like some ripe raw tomatoes with raw onion as a salad on the side. I can get this easily in a buffet but I would probably have trouble finding it as a set dish. And even if I did I wouldnt be able to pick out the individual tomato slices that I want, and my toast probably wouldnt be how I like it either.

A buffet has all the advantages of eating at home without all the inconveniences of shopping for small quantities of many things, preparing everything and washing up afterwards.

For example, I like some bacon and one egg for breakfast, with some well-done brown toast, and I also like some ripe raw tomatoes with raw onion as a salad on the side

But if that is all you eat a breakfast buffet, I'm sure you can get that cheaper than 198 Baht a la carte in most of the restaurants in Pattaya.

Fried rice with pork with 2 fried eggs if I'm correct but where is soi nam keing ?

Pad kapow is steamed rice with fried meat on top.

Edited by jbrain
  • Like 1

For example, I like some bacon and one egg for breakfast, with some well-done brown toast, and I also like some ripe raw tomatoes with raw onion as a salad on the side

But if that is all you eat a breakfast buffet, I'm sure you can get that cheaper than 198 Baht a la carte in most of the restaurants in Pattaya.

Did I say that I always eat only that, or that I would eat that at Casa Pascal? If I want that particular breakfast I go to another place that charges 105B for it but it is still part of a buffet.

And I also like to have several cups of coffee and juice which would put the price up a lot if ordered separately.

And the main point of my comment was that if ordered a la carte I would inevitably have a lot of trouble getting my toast and salad exactly how I wanted it. So I prefer to do it myself. The same applies to most other meals I have here, apart from noodle soup and other single-plate Thai dishes.

There isnt really any really good breakfast buffets that I have tried in Pattaya.

There are some reasonable breakfasts around and they are mostly pretty cheap but that is about it.

For example I havent seen any breakfast places where you can get free range or organic eggs on a good quality grain bread and good quality sausages and bacon.

Some of the pubs are okay like Pig n Whistle but this is pub standard fare breakfast not your upmarket type breakfast fare.

For example I havent seen any breakfast places where you can get free range or organic eggs on a good quality grain bread and good quality sausages and bacon.

The only place I ever saw here promoting free range eggs for breakfast stopped doing them not long after opening, and it was a set dish place rather than a buffet. Thailand is not really a hub for healthy eating. I dread to think what sort of chemicals are probably in food here that would be totally banned in Europe.

I have had good bread and good bacon here. Sausages and other ground-up meat products are not something I go for a lot either. It seems wiser to eat meat that I can recognise.

I really wish some place did a nice afternoon brunch, once again I just woke up and it's too late for the lunch buffets

Casa Pascal tried an afternoon cake and sandwich and tea/coffee buffet last year. It didnt seem to attract many customers. I'm not sure why as for anyone who likes afternoon sandwiches and cake it was a good deal. The price was barely higher than the cost of one normal coffee in the nearby over-priced Starbucks.

I suppose the all-day set breakfast places get all the late risers here.

Decades ago I used to go to a very nice place in HongKong that did a mid-afternoon buffet of dimsum, sandwiches, cakes and both Chinese and western style tea and coffee with a rather good view of the harbour. I thought it was great.

The only place I ever saw here promoting free range eggs for breakfast stopped doing them not long after opening, and it was a set dish place rather than a buffet. Thailand is not really a hub for healthy eating. I dread to think what sort of chemicals are probably in food here that would be totally banned in Europe.

I have had good bread and good bacon here. Sausages and other ground-up meat products are not something I go for a lot either. It seems wiser to eat meat that I can recognise.

It is not just healthy it is tastier as well.

The standard breakfast in Thailand uses the cheapest crappiest white bread, high sugar canned fruit juices and tasteless eggs cooked in who knows what oil. And I wont even buy into the bacon or sausages.

It is not just healthy it is tastier as well.

The standard breakfast in Thailand uses the cheapest crappiest white bread, high sugar canned fruit juices and tasteless eggs cooked in who knows what oil. And I wont even buy into the bacon or sausages.

I agree with the flavour issue. I buy cans of real (reconstituted) unadulterated grapefruit juice from Makro and very nice it is too, but they dont give it away at some 80B a can. The only restaurant here I have found the same juice in was the Hilton brunch on Sunday and that costs 1200B and isnt even available the other 6 days of the week. I doubt there is anything special about the eggs at the Hilton on Sunday either, though I didnt taste them.

Bacon seems acceptable to me here, though I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for dry-cured bacon from organically-raised pigs.

Most of the places I go to seem to manage proper wholemeal bread, even if some of them do just buy it from Makro.

• 2 weeks later...

Best value for money is the 1000 baht one I saw in that big central hotel in Vientienne, Laos a few months ago. Quality ingredients.

Probably this was doable in Thailand 20 years ago. Not now.

That's handy to know. Can give it a whirl when the Lear's been serviced.

Look no further then either the Lek Hotel or the Apex Hotel on Second road, both not far from Royal Garden Mall.

These are quite low quality.

Even saying "low quality" is too much credit for those 2 ... Horrible

For some, quantity is quality.

• 5 weeks later...

The first day, we ate at Lek Hotel for our breakfast. It was very very basic, not many choices, cold food with a fly resting on a piece of pancake. 150 Baht per person.

The second day, we were going to try at Apex or Diana Inn after reading a few posts on Thai visa. We got off near Pattaya 12 when we saw the sign to "Lek Hotel"

There is Hotel LK Empress right at the entrance of Pattya soi 12. It looks really really nice both from the outside and a glace at the selction different food. 190 baht per person, well worth it in my opinion.

Highlight for me - grilled duck slices in sauce, crab curry, roasted beef in gravy, museli with yogurt and fruits (kiwi, dried cranberries, raisins), different kinds of cornflakes (whole wheat, choco etc), tea/coffee from coffee machine ( espresso, cappucino, black coffee, mocha, chocolate drink etc), pastry spot (croissant, danish, cakes and cookies), fruits and salad bar.

I really enjoyed my time there.

• Like 1

In my opinion, salad bar in Sizzler is the best option in this price range.

Not being rude but you obviously have your head up your ___ if your only recommendation is Sizzler for breakfast :)

Oscars jomtien plaza does an average OK breakfast buffet worth a try but I think the best breakfast buffet is Casa Pascal (not sure the prices)

The first day, we ate at Lek Hotel for our breakfast. It was very very basic, not many choices, cold food with a fly resting on a piece of pancake. 150 Baht per person.

The second day, we were going to try at Apex or Diana Inn after reading a few posts on Thai visa. We got off near Pattaya 12 when we saw the sign to "Lek Hotel"

There is Hotel LK Empress right at the entrance of Pattya soi 12. It looks really really nice both from the outside and a glace at the selction different food. 190 baht per person, well worth it in my opinion.

Highlight for me - grilled duck slices in sauce, crab curry, roasted beef in gravy, museli with yogurt and fruits (kiwi, dried cranberries, raisins), different kinds of cornflakes (whole wheat, choco etc), tea/coffee from coffee machine ( espresso, cappucino, black coffee, mocha, chocolate drink etc), pastry spot (croissant, danish, cakes and cookies), fruits and salad bar.

I really enjoyed my time there.

I will give LK Empress a try one day soon. Thanks for the heads up.

LK Emp has some interesting reviews on tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293919-d2164485-Reviews-LK_The_Empress-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html#REVIEWS

Casa Pascal. With the loyalty card, cost 94 baht last time. On the terrace, I'll order an omelette, 4 strips of bacon, 2 of their tasty chicken fillets, and 3 slices of ham. While my food is grilling, I'll have some croissants, yoghurt,hash browns, pasta, Thai dish, juice, and coffee. And can't forget dessert.

I last had breakfast at the Lek and Apex when they were 70 baht each, back in 2005. Very poor quality.