Enforcement Of Thai Debts On My Way Out?

FunFon

So youve messed up your own life, kids life is gonna be messed up and now your gonna drag their mothers life down,what a guy you must be so proud of yourself,i bet your poor mother who must be in her 80s to 90s must be looking forward to having you back,what a joke you are a 50+ year old guy messed his life up now you have to go running home to mummy un believeable how some people live there life or dont in this case. Im really dont believe all this anyway, but its fun to play along Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In most of the world's more normal societies, the elderly love to have their children and grand-children living with them.

In Thailand it is the norm for many generations to live in the same home, or at least on the same plot of land.

Our western society is particularly twisted where the elderly are often forced to live alone or in care homes.

It appears to me their uncaring and unloving selfish children are the ones insisting they enjoy that solitary life.

Oh man, I am only one person, but If my son moved back in with his grandkids when he was 50+ I would be miserable. Moving close by and seeing the grandkids, sure. Sounds great. Happiness in life, whether people know it or not, is really about buffers. IF they are living in the same house, there is zero buffer there = zero happiness.

The reason Thais live in the same house is they have no money. Do you honestly think they would all cram up in the same place if they were all loaded?

Edited by isawasnake

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-I realize it's a lot of reading but it's been at least a half-dozen times I've made it clear here that I've been paying 130% of the nominal rent right on the dot for the past eight months as we agreed once she realized how big the backlog had gotten over the previous three years.

And I've worked for more than twenty different schools and many more private clients for that, some online work editing for translation firms, some webdev work etc etc. Some months have made 60K, others, like the last two less than 20, toward the end have often had less than 5-10K after covering the rent for everything else for a household of 7 - a few months ago was 12 mouths to feed.

So no, haven't been sitting around, except for most recently since I decided to pull the plug and head homS

I was waiting for this. So you're a "teacher/translator" (or 'acharn' as you guys like to be called). And a stay-at-home interweb layabout scammer entreprenuer as well.

Do keep posting as this gets more amusing with each page...

Oh man, I am only one person, but If my son moved back in with his grandkids when he was 50+ I would be miserable. Moving close by and seeing the grandkids, sure. Sounds great. Happiness in life, whether people know it or not, is really about buffers. IF they are living in the same house, there is zero buffer there = zero happiness.

The reason Thais live in the same house is they have no money. Do you honestly think they would all cram up in the same place if they were all loaded?

-

I do agree and addressed the issue here.

But even if we were forced by circumstances to all live together, I like to hope that with well-intentioned family members love can conquer all. Fortunately we won't need to put this to the test in our case.

If he re-incarnates himself he will have to drop the IMO's and wrt's else it'll be too obvious.

It should be obvious to everyone who he is already smile.png

Not me.

Honest.

I am somewhat clueless as to these mysteries.

Can someone please explain to me what is going on. I thought he was in debt and planned to skip out on the landlord and was asking if he could get away with it. My understanding is that if he took too long and a complaint was registered with Immigration he would most likely be caught and sent to prison to wait a hearing and his children seized.

If he re-incarnates himself he will have to drop the IMO's and wrt's else it'll be too obvious.

Not me.

Honest.

Can someone please explain to me what is going on. I thought he was in debt and planned to skip out on the landlord and was asking if he could get away with it. My understanding is that if he took too long and a complaint was registered with Immigration he would most likely be caught and sent to prison to wait a hearing and his children seized.

My understanding is that the whole thread is a work of fiction.

Nice work by the OP here.

• Like 1

Hey, times are tough all over - even for self-made millionaire expats living it up in BKK. How the hell was the guy supposed to pay his rent AND 6-10K worth of Cowboy checkbins every night ? Man, with the explosion in ST rates, I can see how easy it might be to let a few things slide on the home front .......

Priorities are a bitch.

They certainly are and the OP made a comment before how it is hard to keep the local girls happy with money and that they wanted more all the time. Seems a priority thing indeed.

I wonder how you can trust someone to pay back a rent if he had not done it here for a year. If i were a landlord i might be inclined to forget about the debt and just let the guy do some jail time as the money is gone anyway.

On the other hand if he is really committed to pay back then letting him pay it back from home would be a good thing, but if his priorities before were bad how can she be sure you pay it back now while she has no way to enforce it.

Nothing boosts my confidence in a man better than prepayment! biggrin.pngcoffee1.gif

• Like 1

Not me.

Honest.

My understanding is that the whole thread is a work of fiction.

Nice work by the OP here.

Agreed, a work of fiction but concede that he has defended his position brilliantly up until now. Let us see how far this goes and who tires first. Undoubtedly a well read and sharp person with a lot if time on his hands.

• Like 1

Pure joke this thread see how dead the forum is at the moment not to many people posting at all, think the mods let it run just to keep the forum alive it's so obvious this is someone that had previously been baned and it's run to 10 pages of pure bs

• Like 1

Pure joke this thread see how dead the forum is at the moment not to many people posting at all, think the mods let it run just to keep the forum alive it's so obvious this is someone that had previously been baned and it's run to 10 pages of pure bs

Well maybe the mods are leaving the thread running so that eventually the claims that the thread Op is a previously banned member can be supported by a name....surely not against forum rules to mention a posters/or banned posters name......otherwise the only people full of crap on the thread are those who are making wild unsupported claims......I seem to recall we had one offer suggesting our in and out canadian photographer fisherman..cheesy.gif ...is that the best you guys can come up with......put up or shut up guys........and let the thread roll

If you read the thread many other names have been mentioned ,I'm not that sad that I follow the forum that closely but do you honestly believe this idiot has been in Thailand 14 years and only just discovered Thai visa and proceded to make in excess of 40 posts a day.As I said look at the forum it's dead apart from this thread and a few other suspicious threads about bar girls coupled with all the problems of the quote function not working and videos not showing up the forum is at an all time low as far as I can see.but obviously the sponsors need to be kept happy with lots of traffic so seems the topic is allowed to run.

Edited by taninthai

If you read the thread many other names have been mentioned ,I'm not that sad that I follow the forum that closely but do you honestly believe this idiot has been in Thailand 14 years and only just discovered Thai visa and proceded to make in excess of 40 posts a day.As I said look at the forum it's dead apart from this thread and a few other suspicious threads about bar girls coupled with all the problems of the quote function not working and videos not showing up the forum is at an all time low as far as I can see.but obviously the sponsors need to be kept happy with lots of traffic so seems the topic is allowed to run.

You are giving the General Forum more credit than it deserves.

The real joy of this forum lies elsewhere. wink.png

• Like 1

Its obviously fake.... i tend to agree with the impression that not only is the op almost certainly an excommunicated member, but also very likely has another current ID or ID's under which he posts on this thread "feeding the troll" and other threads. Perhaps there's some sort of wager behind it?

Sent using the iPad App.

Its obviously fake.... i tend to agree with the impression that not only is the op almost certainly an excommunicated member, but also very likely has another current ID or ID's under which he posts on this thread "feeding the troll" and other threads. Perhaps there's some sort of wager behind it?

Sent using the iPad App.

So who?.....I know we are a bit short on farang murders lately and I apologise there are not more threads to facilitate you unsupported conjecture......but the thread is littered with pure unsupported fabrication and not necessarily from the op......

Why are you still here feeding this thread - go out and earn some money to help your family.

In Thailand? And immediately? Without resources, special knowledge, education or money? How? Tips? I would walk that way. tongue.png

Edited by ALFREDO

Sent using the iPad App.

So who?.....I know we are a bit short on farang murders lately and I apologise there are not more threads to facilitate you unsupported conjecture......but the thread is littered with pure unsupported fabrication and not necessarily from the op......

i'm not fabricating anything, i am speculating based on supporting evidence - read the many skeptical posts by myself and others here to collate that yourself. i'm not familiar enough with the infamous trolls banned in the recent past to hazard a guess at the funfon's previous or other current incarnations but perhaps the man himself can help as he has alluded to them in this 'ere thread and claims to be honest .....

"I haven't used any other ID since I started posting under this one, and have managed to keep my nose clean wrt the forum rules so far it seems, and nothing I've posted in any incarnation has been anything but the honest truth..."

FF who were you?

Edited by GooEng

Sent using the iPad App.

Check my post, 118 here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/632693-living-with-a-bar-girl-in-pattaya/page-5#entry6301925

Why are you still here feeding this thread - go out and earn some money to help your family.

In Thailand? And immediately? Without resources, special knowledge, education or money? How? Tips? I would walk that way. tongue.png

No problem. I think she's a ladyboy. tongue.png

• Like 1

Sent using the iPad App.

Check my post, 118 here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/632693-living-with-a-bar-girl-in-pattaya/page-5#entry6301925

funny you should point to that thread Bj, i was having a scan through it just a minute ago and wondering the same thing....

With reference to Post #295:

The non-Thai gent now acknowledges that his plan is to show up at a Thai airport Immigration with two young kids in tow, at least one of the 2 kids with a brand new passport, maybe himself with a brand new passport, letters in Thai and English from the purported Thai mother stating she has relinquished all custodial rights on the children to this gentleman, who now must clear up a long-term overstay via cash payment or otherwise.

... and possibly one-way tickets for all parties concerned.

At what point does one of the IMM folks maybe say to him/herself: What is wrong with this picture?

BTW It sounds like the folks in Norway could bail you out overnight ...

Edited by JLCrab

With reference to Post #295:

The non-Thai gent now acknowledges that his plan is to show up at a Thai airport Immigration with two young kids in tow, at least one of the 2 kids with a brand new passport, maybe himself with a brand new passport, letters in Thai and English from the purported Thai mother stating she has relinquished all custodial rights on the children to this gentleman, who now must clear up a long-term overstay via cash payment or otherwise.

... and possibly one-way tickets for all parties concerned.

At what point does one of the IMM folks maybe say to him/herself: What is wrong with this picture?

BTW It sounds like the folks in Norway could bail you out overnight ...

likewise the mother with a jacuzzi who won't actually be accomodating him, but housing him in a poolhouse up the road!

mind you anything is an improvement on living under a bridge waiting for unsuspecting goats to eat!

• Like 1

The OP could have gone to any lawyer experienced in immigration law and had his initial questions answered "de facto". Instead he's spent countless hours on this site without making any real progress.

It seem to me that this thread was only created so he he could decide on getting a big truck to move the household objects (or not).

...It would seem that the OP has already decided to leave Thailand one way or another.

As for the method of transport if returning with children; I would have thought it best to break the travel into two legs: 1. Firstly Malaysia or Singapore. 2. and then when out of Thailand book the more expensive long haul tickets.

Edited by RandomSand

Addressing a few of the more general comments - repeated ad infinitum so therefore I feel compelled to.

I am not "skipping out" on the backlog, but will be able to repay it much faster by being much more able to get work,
and much higher-paying work with a lower cost of living as long as mum
waives the rent and the ex keeps her salary demands low for caretaking
the kids.

It is true that my main motivator for returning is actually their welfare, primarily wrt to schooling - so string me up for that - but I am 100% committed, and always have been to clearing every debt I've incurred.

-------

Yes I've had a previous ID here that was banned, and the mods have specifically stated that's not a problem as long as this incarnation sticks to the rules which it seems I have managed to so far.

They have also indicated it's not appropriate to engage in an vindictive witch-hunt here, but I'll leave those judgement calls to the management.

I have never posted in more than identity concurrently.

-------

Next, I hereby state again, best of my recollection, in order of certainly:

everything I've stated in this thread,

everything I've stated in other threads as FunFon, and

everything I've ever stated under any ID on TV.com

is 100% true.

Perhaps some mechanism can be worked out where a trusted third-party arbitrator not connected with TV.com verifies the facts of this thread on a bet

- if true, an amount raised by those "certain" I'm lying can then be paid direct to my landlord to help defray my backlog

- if I'm lying I can be put in stocks in a local public location and pelted with rotten tomatoes or something

You guys up for that? Put up or shut up tongue.png

You ARE 'skipping out' on your backlog if you exit the Kingdom without informing those to whom your are indebted of your plans to do so.

And as you like poetry, from Sir Walter Scott's Marmion:

Oh, what a tangled web we weave

When first we practise to deceive!

Edited by JLCrab