Living With A Bar Girl In Pattaya

detinu68

I've lived with many sex workers, two long-term and several outside of the Thai context, and can't say there's any one generalisation that holds that isn't based more on society's and your own attitude toward that trade rather than anything inherent in the people that do that work.

It seems to me that yours is open enough to deal with the challenges, and never mind what your family might think.

In my case my parents never new - she was a trained nurse originally and used that as a cover - and they very much loved and respected her.

Several of our friends and neighbors were involved in the business and within that circle were some of the best human beings it's been my privilege to know. Just like the drug trade, most of the negative consequences come from the legal prohibition and religious-social disapproval from IMO small-minded judgmental people. My ex has been very active in advocating for sex-workers' rights in Victoria and I believe one day the movement will have the same level of respectability and success that LGBT has seen in recent years.

I commend you and wish you best of luck, don't let the bastards get you down.

Is this the reason why you have to get out of Thailand to escape your creditors?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/632473-enforcement-of-thai-debts-on-my-way-out/

One good reason why not to become involved in commercially pay as you go relationships.

All very nice living the high life and having numerous female temporary partners for those who can afford it and brushing aside the health risks as if they don`t exist.

It is irrelevant whether a partner has worked in the sex industry or not. What matters are the true meanings of a present partner relationship. Is it simply lust or love within a loyal union between two people? Anyone who is content with their partner would never contemplate having sexual encounters with other people, whether commercially or just for the fun of it. If a relationship really means something to them, they could go and get a job in a seven eleven or even work on a noodle stall if need be. If they make excuses for having to work in the sex industry, than this means they consider money and keeping ties within their institutionalized lifestyles as first and settling down as a nice little housewife will be at the lower end of they’re priorities.

Hiring the services of practicing prostitutes, either short time or longer, because trying not to be derogatory, that is exactly what they are, I have no other terms to describe them, is in my opinion not a genuine affiliation between a couple and anyone who believes otherwise is living in Cloud cuckoo land.

You don't get it.

We're happy together and enjoy each other's company.

I'm 50 and bald. She's 33 and stunning.

We're fine thanks. We live in Pattaya, not cloud cuckoo land.

I don't think you really understood his comments. He's saying that if she really loved you she would forsake her "career". As it is her career is more important than you are, and it's likely you're being used as a backup in case she can't find anyone more suitable (rich).

I also believe you live in "cloud cuckoo land". You need a reality check - a slap in the face to wake you up.

If everything is so hunky dory, why post about it?

Definitely my charm

BTW: I have no idea who funfon is

BTW: I am in Pattaya - Soi Khao Talo

So is funcon, apparently?

OK, probably just coincidence. I also wonder if mad mary will make another appearance soon. She or he usually accompanies funfon with some form of abuse.

I’ll keep my eye on your posts.

• Like 1

I've lived with many sex workers, two long-term and several outside of the Thai context, and can't say there's any one generalisation that holds that isn't based more on society's and your own attitude toward that trade rather than anything inherent in the people that do that work.

It seems to me that yours is open enough to deal with the challenges, and never mind what your family might think.

In my case my parents never new - she was a trained nurse originally and used that as a cover - and they very much loved and respected her.

Several of our friends and neighbors were involved in the business and within that circle were some of the best human beings it's been my privilege to know. Just like the drug trade, most of the negative consequences come from the legal prohibition and religious-social disapproval from IMO small-minded judgmental people. My ex has been very active in advocating for sex-workers' rights in Victoria and I believe one day the movement will have the same level of respectability and success that LGBT has seen in recent years.

Is this the reason why you have to get out of Thailand to escape your creditors?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/632473-enforcement-of-thai-debts-on-my-way-out/

One good reason why not to become involved in commercially pay as you go relationships.

All very nice living the high life and having numerous female temporary partners for those who can afford it and brushing aside the health risks as if they don`t exist.

It is irrelevant whether a partner has worked in the sex industry or not. What matters are the true meanings of a present partner relationship. Is it simply lust or love within a loyal union between two people? Anyone who is content with their partner would never contemplate having sexual encounters with other people, whether commercially or just for the fun of it. If a relationship really means something to them, they could go and get a job in a seven eleven or even work on a noodle stall if need be. If they make excuses for having to work in the sex industry, than this means they consider money and keeping ties within their institutionalized lifestyles as first and settling down as a nice little housewife will be at the lower end of they’re priorities.

Hiring the services of practicing prostitutes, either short time or longer, because trying not to be derogatory, that is exactly what they are, I have no other terms to describe them, is in my opinion not a genuine affiliation between a couple and anyone who believes otherwise is living in Cloud cuckoo land.

You don't get it.

I don't think you really understood his comments. He's saying that if she really loved you she would forsake her "career". As it is her career is more important than you are, and it's likely you're being used as a backup in case she can't find anyone more suitable (rich).

I also believe you live in "cloud cuckoo land". You need a reality check - a slap in the face to wake you up.

If everything is so hunky dory, why post about it?

You don't get it either.

I'm not planning to spend the rest of my life with her. It's very unlikely, but if that happens then it happens. I'm just enjoying each day.

The reason for my post was to see if anyone was in a similar situation.

• Like 1

You don't get it either.

I'm not planning to spend the rest of my life with her. It's very unlikely, but if that happens then it happens. I'm just enjoying each day.

Perhaps you're not planning for it, but it certainly looks like you're hoping for it.

"I'm realistic about it. If she's prepared to wait 15 years she can live with me off my pension money, no worries."

... and sending photos of to your parents.

If not, you're 50, so why waste your limited time on a relationship which is doomed to failure.

Just had another look at the posts on my thread. Thanks for both positive and negative responses. I respect your opinion.

But it does strike me that some people appear to view prostitutes as absolutely terrible. immoral people.

Let's get this straight: This website exists because of them because they attract millions of tourists to Thailand every year.

Whatever your opinion about prostitution, at the end of the day they're human beings like you and me. Not just in Thailand, all over the world.

Treat someone with respect and they'll respond in kind.

Edited by detinu68
  • Like 1

You don't get it either.

Perhaps you're not planning for it, but it certainly looks like you're hoping for it.

"I'm realistic about it. If she's prepared to wait 15 years she can live with me off my pension money, no worries."

If not, you're 50, so why waste your limited time on a relationship which is doomed to failure.

I didn't say I want a permanent relationship.

I'm doomed to die, not doomed to failure.

I'm living for the moment - carpe diem (seize the day)

Just had another look at the posts on my thread. Thanks for both positive and negative responses. I respect your opinion.

But it does strike me that some people appear to view prostitutes as absolutely terrible. immoral people.

Let's get this straight: This website exists because of them because they attract millions of tourists to Thailand every year.

Whatever your opinion about prostitution, at the end of the day they're human beings like you and me. Not just in Thailand, all over the world.

Are you seriously suggesting that Thai visa is reliant on proceeds brought in by the sex industry? And that all tourists and expats are only in Thailand for the prostitutes? Go and take a hike, you`re surely having us on.

I am beginning to smell a rat regarding a few recent threads and posts published recently. I know because my left nostril has started to twitch, and my nose for when something doesn`t seem right has never let me down as yet.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Are you seriously suggesting that Thai visa is reliant on proceeds brought in by the sex industry? And that all tourists and expats are only in Thailand for the prostitutes? Go and take a hike, you`re surely having us on.

I am beginning to smell a rat regarding a few recent threads and posts published recently. I know because my left nostril has started to twitch, and my nose for when something doesn`t seem right has never let me down as yet.

I didn't say Thai visa receives monies from the sex industry in Thailand, or that all tourists and expats are here just for sex.

You're generalising, And stop twitching ;-)

Sorry but I don`t agree with your reason for this website`s existence.

I don`t believe that the major reason for people to visit/choose to live in Thailand is the reason you have given.

Tens of thousands, maybe more, could be.

I`ve noticed an increase in the number of non Thai couples choosing to be here/whether on holiday or living here, for various reasons.

Climate, cost of living, disillusionment with home country etc.

Many here just trying to have and adapt to a different life/culture.

I respect your opinion also, fair enough, know of a couple of others that have taken the same route as you, worked for a while, then failed.

If the OP is not a troll, then these are my thoughts on the subject.

I certainly couldn't live with a girl who was earning her money having sex with clients 20 days a month because it would tear me to pieces thinking about it and about all the various possibilities (shudder). If I love someone, and they love me, then surely they would not want to consider having sex with other folk, indeed why would they unless there was something fairly unfulfilling in the relationship.

No doubt there are guys out there who can live with this and IMO they are a different breed, quite possibly wired differently to the general population to be able to put up with such a situation.

Money seems to be a factor in this relationship with the girl pulling in exactly what the OP earns thereby affording them a comfortable living. Perhaps this is the way that it should be viewed, that they are two people doing what they do to enable themselves to have a good standard of living, and a bit of companionship and sex along the way.

Certainly with both of them playing away from home, her as part of her living and him as part of his MO means that there is nothing deep about the relationship, purely for money and companionship, so if it is viewed in that context, good luck to him. However if some of the posters are viewing it as a serious relationship/love/whatever then they are wrong, and so is he.

Edited by xylophone
  • Like 2

I think you are confusing teacher with someone thats just done a tefl coarse,i apologize if op has actually attended uni fornseveral years and has a degree in teaching i doubt that is the case though

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

You don't get it.

Then I suppose she must like you for your charm, personality and magnetism.

Good for you. Sounds like a match made in heaven? Or at least it is in your mind and as long as you are happy for the time being and not too bother about your future, this is all that matters.

It`s your life and good luck to all who sail in her.

BTW: your posts have very similar traits to those of, funfon, and you both claim to live in Pattaya, even the avatars are similar. Are you connected in anyways?

"And good luck to all who sail in her" Ha ha. Maybe a bit harsh but very funny.laugh.png

• Like 1

You don't get it either.

I didn't say I want a permanent relationship.

I'm doomed to die, not doomed to failure.

I'm living for the moment - carpe diem (seize the day)

Let me be clear, I do not care about your lifestyle choices - to each his own. But contradictions always gets me stirred up.

I understand you're living for the moment - me too, but for a teacher, you're truly not respecting the prostitute you love.

At 33, her day will come soon enough when her earning power will decline and eventually disappear. That's a guarantee.

Surely, if you are so loving AND respectful AND a teacher, you would begin today to improve her prospects, perhaps by teaching her to be proficient in English, encourage her to learn a trade or skill that can generate future income or whatever else you can do to show that you truly do love her.

Show her you actually do care about her future whether it's together or not. If she doesn't respond, oh, well.

You want me to be the Pope or what?

I love her, take care of her, she looks after me too when I'm skint. We have a good time together and I don't judge her.

She's happy, I'm happy. Let's leave it at that.

• Like 1

I didn't say Thai visa receives monies from the sex industry in Thailand, or that all tourists and expats are here just for sex.

No. You mean`t that Thai visa exists from funds indirectly brought in via the sex industry. Read my reply again.

I believe you are a fraud and are using more than one user name. Why some continue to participate in your games I have no idea, and as you said in one of your previous threads, why torture myself and stay with this? Good advice.

Quote Glegolo: "And secondly do not mix up oral herpes with genetal herpes, it is two completely different kind of herpes and they are not contagious for one another. If you have genetal herpes it cannot give you any oral herpes.... So oral herpes gives oral herpes and genetal herpes gives you only genetal herpes".

Aside from the list of potential health hazards posted here, which one would be more predisposed to considering the amount of partners the girl would have, the quote from Glegolo is not 100% right.

They are not two completely different kinds of virus, in fact they are extremely similar in their make up and in their behaviour (HSV-1 is the oral herpes variant and HSV-2 the genital variant) and both are interchangeable although they do not "prosper" in the alternative sites they Inhabit in the nervous system.

it is possible for someone to get HSV-2 on the lips/mouth, just the same as it is possible for someone to get HSV-1 in the genital region.

Still a lot unknown about this virus, however what is known is that it has been with mankind since the very beginning and has grown up with us, with parts of its DNA in inhabiting our own because of this association, and this makes it very difficult to treat, which is why for something which infects many tens of millions of people, a complete cure has not been found.

• Like 1

No. You mean`t that Thai visa exists from funds indirectly brought in via the sex industry. Read my reply again.

I believe you are a fraud and are using more than one user name. Why some continue to participate in your games I have no idea, and as you said in one of your previous threads, why torture myself and stay with this? Good advice.

I'm not a fraud. I have only 1 username on this forum. Calm down.

Are you paranoid perhaps?

From Wikipedia: Paranoid personality disorder (PPD) is a mental disorder characterized by paranoia and a pervasive, long-standing suspiciousness and generalized mistrust of others. Individuals with this personality disorder may be hypersensitive, easily feel slighted, and habitually relate to the world by vigilant scanning of the environment for clues or suggestions that may validate their fears or biases. Paranoid individuals are eager observers. They think they are in danger and look for signs and threats of that danger, potentially not appreciating other evidence

At least OP knows he is living with a BG I will say at least 70% do not know. However all their friends know but are afraid to tell them the truth about the wife or GF

I was one of those I have been married to misses for 35 years and just found out 3 years ago

I always thought mine was different but we are still together

Good man Harry, RESPECT for your honesty and good luck. There's no point burying our heads in the sand. Pattaya's not some provincial town in England, Germany, France, Canada, the US, Australia or anywhere else. It's unique. That's why it's so popular.

It is what it is, take it on board and have a good time. I love it here.

For the girl there is an upside the kudos that they have a boyfriend who accepts what they do -

Really ? Seem's unlikely that there would be much kudos to be gained from having a slacker TEFL bf who is happy for his bird to continue working as a hooker.

Different story to those guys that meet a girl in a bar, they hit it off and she then stops working as a hooker.

One can only imagine the conversations in this couples house when she clocks off after a busy shift with a couple of johns ?

Of course there is kudos - a girl who works in a bar is looked down upon outside of the bar

Within the bar they have their own hierarchy - so a girl who has a boyfriend - is not sleeping with 4 other girls in a single room with a fan and one toliet and shower - who is now staying with a farang is above them - add to that they are not with a Thai boyfriend who takes their money for gambling or drinking - or who slaps them when they take too long with their customer

They are obviously below the girl who has found a farang and left the bar

Nevertheless there is a kudos amongst their peers and if as everyone says its all about money then this girl is maximising her income and cutting down on her overheads - how do you think their friends see that?

• Like 1

For the girl there is an upside the kudos that they have a boyfriend who accepts what they do -

Really ? Seem's unlikely that there would be much kudos to be gained from having a slacker TEFL bf who is happy for his bird to continue working as a hooker.

Different story to those guys that meet a girl in a bar, they hit it off and she then stops working as a hooker.

One can only imagine the conversations in this couples house when she clocks off after a busy shift with a couple of johns ?

Of course there is kudos - a girl who works in a bar is looked down upon outside of the bar

Within the bar they have their own hierarchy - so a girl who has a boyfriend - is not sleeping with 4 other girls in a single room with a fan and one toliet and shower - who is now staying with a farang is above them - add to that they are not with a Thai boyfriend who takes their money for gambling or drinking - or who slaps them when they take too long with their customer

They are obviously below the girl who has found a farang and left the bar

Nevertheless there is a kudos amongst their peers and if as everyone says its all about money then this girl is maximising her income and cutting down on her overheads - how do you think their friends see that?

I think that's a good summary of the situation Socrates.

We clearly don't have the perfect relationship...but I gave up looking for that years ago.

Not sure if its being said, but what i do not understand is she is now getting on, why not get a real job?!

There are hundreds of jobs on offer, sure start on minimum wage, but after a few years in the same place she would be on higher salary.

NO doubt her English is good, so there really should not be a problem.

I also do not understand all those saying "its ok"

How can anyone be ok or have feelings for someone when they aware she is sucking on someone else's body parts daily.

You're describing your own thinking, your mentality. You want to "own" someone. That's fine.

Exactly how I used to feel, two kids later and 30 odd years ago...not anymore. Very happy with what I have thanks

• Like 1

Not sure if its being said, but what i do not understand is she is now getting on, why not get a real job?!

There are hundreds of jobs on offer, sure start on minimum wage, but after a few years in the same place she would be on higher salary.

How can anyone be ok or have feelings for someone when they aware she is sucking on someone else's body parts daily.

You're describing your own thinking, your mentality. You want to "own" someone. That's fine.

Exactly how I used to feel, two kids later and 30 odd years ago...not anymore. Very happy with what I have thanks

Of course i am describing my own mentality, clearly i can not describe yours.

Own someone? well if you happy knowing she has had a few penises in her mouth and she is kissing you now, all the best to you.

But as i said, if i was to date a bg, she would not be working bar, as i am not prepared to kiss or touch someone after she was touched by someone else just hours if not minutes ago

• Like 1

At least OP knows he is living with a BG I will say at least 70% do not know. However all their friends know but are afraid to tell them the truth about the wife or GFI was one of those I have been married to misses for 35 years and just found out 3 years agoI always thought mine was different but we are still together

Well Harry this is quite an amazing post,maybe you could start a new thread,telling folks in what circumstances you met her,through To how you found out the truth after 32 yrs.

Glad to see you are still together,if only for the sake of your off springs.

Did it not let you down when your (ex?)friend invited you out for dinner with his sister and family?......you accepted then moaned because he asked you to pay half!!

Of course i am describing my own mentality, clearly i can not describe yours.

Own someone? well if you happy knowing she has had a few penises in her mouth and she is kissing you now, all the best to you.

But as i said, if i was to date a bg, she would not be working bar, as i am not prepared to kiss or touch someone after she was touched by someone else just hours if not minutes ago

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Are you for real? Have you ever taken a bg out for short/long time? Where do you think her mouth has been? And after a guy falls in "love" and marries one does he forget where her wondering mouth has been?

• Like 1