Picking Up Friends At Phuket Airport

RPM1897

Hi all,

Just wanting to know experiences with picking up friends from Phuket Airport. Want to take the car to do so, but how much will it cost and how likely is it finding a space that isn't controlled by the taxis etc?

Cheers,

just park your car in the lot,

go meet your friends walk to car pay for parking

very easy actually blink.png

Well ... you will have to search about for a place to park, best go to the far away side from the terminal, even then you will most likely have to park 'badly'. First 10 minutes free then something like 20 baht next hour, 200 baht the whole day.

• Like 1

An idea might for you to wait just outside the airport. Have your friends sms you when they walk out the exit door. Drive into the airport, pick them up and go. This also saves them walking through the car park with luggage.

I always do it that way and get them to meet you out side departures upstairs if possible.No taxi scum up there to hassle anyone.

• Like 1

An idea might for you to wait just outside the airport. Have your friends sms you when they walk out the exit door. Drive into the airport, pick them up and go. This also saves them walking through the car park with luggage.

I always do it that way and get them to meet you out side departures upstairs if possible.No taxi scum up there to hassle anyone.

Ditto. I sit by the runway & do a bit of plane spotting until they call.

• Like 2

Normally I wait outside and wait for them to call. I tell them to go upstairs to departures and wait outside the Bill Bentley Pub. I then drive in, up the ramp to departures, collect them, leave the airport, pay nothing and go. Easy.

SDM

Not so fast there This IS Thailand., Farang !!- You'll need a B visa ( not past two, 90 extensions,) copies of every pages of the passport, NOTE: odd pages will need 2 copies, signed on the back only. Even numbered pages are to be left blank except prime numbered pages to be initialed.( It will depend on the uniformed officer at ticket booth which on side of the paper to initial on.) DO NOT MAKE A MISTAKE,

Also; two pics with shoulders covered and short hair, a work permit ( one year issue only from within last month on visa ) and the Co Ltd registration and a PDN-1 for the last three quarters.

Oh and a bottle of Hennessy to the third from the right officer at Immigration.

On leaving the car park you'll have to tip the taxi " advisers"

Edited by MacChine

Silly me, I also forgot about the 22 separate forms of photographic identification and blood sample which must have been taken on a Tuesday, but the the previous Tuesday, the one before that.

• 2 weeks later...

I have never found It an issue to park at the aiirport carpark, And paying 20 Baht to park for a hour, While waiting Inside the airport with air conditioning and enjoyig a coffee. The last of the big spender are still their I see.

I have never found It an issue to park at the aiirport carpark, And paying 20 Baht to park for a hour, While waiting Inside the airport with air conditioning and enjoyig a coffee. The last of the big spender are still their I see.

I have no problem paying any charges at the airport, I don't like driving around the airport car park looking for a space that will not block someone else in, so the question is can you park your car over where the motorbike park is? I would also gladly pay any charge associated with this area!!

I have no problem paying any charges at the airport, I don't like driving around the airport car park looking for a space that will not block someone else in, so the question is can you park your car over where the motorbike park is? I would also gladly pay any charge associated with this area!!

Used to be possible, and was free of charge. At the moment though that area is being build on, and the motorbike park has moved, therefor no more parking there.

Used to be possible, and was free of charge. At the moment though that area is being build on, and the motorbike park has moved, therefor no more parking there.

Cheers, I will do as usual and search for a space!! or as suggested wait outside until you get a call from whoever it is you are picking up!