My Steed Is Ready To Go!

loserlazer

Good luck on the rest of your journey!

I hope you don't get the high winds we had last night in Pattaya -Sattahib area.

It would have knocked down an 1100 cc superbike easily.

Not related to the Sanfrancisco leather dude at all. But how did the 500 seat work out for you. Did you do the mods to make it comfy before the cross -country run?

Enjoy your Songran My girl just left for Buriram & then Khon Khen area . Be safe!

Barry

Safe and nice rides for you too t dog.

I have no mods on seat. It is the stock one. After tens of thousands kms of touring in many countries sometine on high revving small bikes, i have an iron ass now even a pad racing seat does not matter now i guess but i am thinking a gel saddle just to try.

It was windy a lot when i was close to kalasin but undercontrol.

Khon kaen thanin kaoniao is quite fun now reported by one of my friend:lol:

I m having a small village songkran experience!

Good luck on the rest of your journey!

I hope you don't get the high winds we had last night in Pattaya -Sattahib area.

It would have knocked down an 1100 cc superbike easily.

Not related to the Sanfrancisco leather dude at all. But how did the 500 seat work out for you. Did you do the mods to make it comfy before the cross -country run?

Enjoy your Songran My girl just left for Buriram & then Khon Khen area . Be safe!

Barry

Safe and nice rides for you too t dog.

I have no mods on seat. It is the stock one. After tens of thousands kms of touring in many countries sometine on high revving small bikes, i have an iron ass now even a pad racing seat does not matter now i guess but i am thinking a gel saddle just to try.

It was windy a lot when i was close to kalasin but undercontrol.

Khon kaen thanin kaoniao is quite fun now reported by one of my friend:lol:

I m having a small village songkran experience!

Nice. I do miss going across the U.S. since you can ride for days.

The gel seat setup is very nice indeed. I set my ER up with the gel seat & feels pretty comfy while driving.

Have fun!

And bikes in Bangkok are not issued red plates like in the provinces even though Bangkok police are still conveniently citing people for not having a plate. I assume LL is in the big mango.

Same in Chiang Mai no red plates available.

But when one considers how backed up they have been for the last two years for

plates it is not surprising. They would literally need thousand of red plates.

They do give you an official document to carry though & that should get you past the cops.

Although I have never been stopped.

I don't think the problem is a backlog of plates, as dealers make their own.

A friend of mine was cited for not having a plate after buying a new Tiger 250. He was told by the agent to show the sales receipt and docs but the cop told him every bike in Thailand must have a plate. This was in Phuket.

If the dealer makess them why did I have to wait 8 months and then pickup at the motor vehicle department

Left sakhon nakhon at 14:30 and arrived home midnight last night!

It started to rain aroun 250 km later in kalasin until pakchong ro rode 500 km full wet!

Besides the highway was like sukhumvit road very crowded. Sometime not moving and you need to wait. It was really full packed mostly red plated cars. Never seen it like that before.

Not a very cool riding wet between cars but i like to drive night time

So total 1638 km, 91,7 liters of 95 benzyne 5.7 lit per 100 km average. For a comparison i was getting around 4.7 lit from cbr250 while touring so i have 90 percent more power but using only a liter more on 100 km! Pretty good imo.

Overall, i like touring day and night rain or sun:lol:

Edited by loserlazer
  • Like 1

It sounds like it was an overall nice run. I can live without rain after 50,000 miles while living in Oregon. Now about getting some matched Chase Harpers or something sporty looking for your sporty bike & sell the cruisers to someone with a Phantom!

• Like 1

But the bags fit well with the chromed pipe, pipe cowl and nuts:lol:

I gave them to my gf and we will put the on my wave x125 for shopping.

I will let the shop make me a custom modern looking smaller one but again leather looking maybe with no pins:lol:

I donot know any written rule like these kibd of bags cannot be used on sport bikes. It is all up to the rider.

Important thing is to make some touring.

Edited by loserlazer

But the bags fit well with the chromed pipe, pipe cowl and nuts:lol: I gave them to my gf and we will put the on my wave x125 for shopping. I will let the shop make me a custom modern looking smaller one but again leather looking maybe with no pins:lol: I donot know any written rule like these kibd of bags cannot be used on sport bikes. It is all up to the rider. Important thing is to make some touring.

I just throw a ssmall backpack on the seat and away I go

My friend Dwayne wants to know when your coming back. He's all excited to meat you after seeing your saddlebags. He wants me to send you this pix.

attachicon.gifCropperCapture4.jpg

What's more disturbing is that you actually have that pic in your PC folders. smile.png

I have even more disturbing pictures....but I doubt you want to see me in a toto riding a donkey!