Living With A Bar Girl In Pattaya

detinu68

tropo, do you live with an ex-bargirl by any chance?

No way. She was a virgin when you met her. Sorry to have doubted you.

ha ha

Do you honestly do not see the difference between being an ex prostitute and still one?

Who really cares?

If you have a problem with getting you're head around it, then it's YOUR problem.

I'm fine with it. She's not perfect and neither am I.

We just get on with our lives as best we can.

We don't don't need your opinion on our relationship, but still respect your right to express it.

Go back to post #1.

• Like 2

ha ha

It wouldn't matter what I said, you'd make the assumption anyway, just as you assumed that anyone who used the word "prostitute" couldn't possibly live in Pattaya.

Which got me to thinking ... you seemed very upset that anyone would call a bargirl in Pattaya a prostitute. Why does this upset you so much?

That's the official term in most English speaking countries. Why can't the term be used here? I understand you may be upset by "whore", but what's wrong with "prostitute". It's merely a job description. It's not a judgement call.

Does the term cause you some embarrassment?

ha ha

Do you honestly do not see the difference between being an ex prostitute and still one?

Who really cares?

If you have a problem with getting you're head around it, then it's YOUR problem.

We don't don't need your opinion on our relationship, but still respect your right to express it.

Go back to post #1.

Well I did, but you failed to answer each and every time.

You do not have a problem, so why not tell your family and friends what she really does?

ha ha

It wouldn't matter what I said, you'd make the assumption anyway, just as you assumed that anyone who used the word "prostitute" couldn't possibly live in Pattaya.

Which got me to thinking ... you seemed very upset that anyone would call a bargirl in Pattaya a prostitute. Why does this upset you so much?

That's the official term in most English speaking countries. Why can't the term be used here? I understand you may be upset by "whore", but what's wrong with "prostitute". It's merely a job description. It's not a judgement call.

Does the term cause you some embarrassment?

I've been very open on this thread.

You can assign any names you want to me or bargirls, whether in Pattaya or wherever you live.

If it makes you happy then I'll admit to living with a prostitute.

It's up to me. It's up to her.

We're happy together and don't care what other people think. No worries.

• Like 1

Yes, you don't need anyone's opinion, but if you post about your personal relationship on a public forum you're going to get lots of opinions whether you like it or not. The fact that your relationship is quite unusual doesn't help at all.

ha ha

Who really cares?

Go back to post #1.

You do not have a problem, so why not tell your family and friends what she really does?

What's it got to do with my family? It's her life and my life...it's OUR private business.

She's not a politician and neither am I.

I like thaivisa.com. I can be anonymous...and still shake the extremists out of the trees

Yes, you don't need anyone's opinion, but if you post about your personal relationship on a public forum you're going to get lots of opinions whether you like it or not. The fact that your relationship is quite unusual doesn't help at all.

How do you quantify my relationship in Pattaya as unusual? Where's your evidence?

If you really do live here, then the chances are that your partner, male or female, was a prostitute

Agreed.

But not sure my relationship is so unusual in Pattaya.

Monogamous relationships in the Western world fail over 50% of the time (divorce rates). More often than not because of infidelity.

• Like 1

If you really do live here, then the chances are that your partner, male or female, was a prostitute

Not at all interested in getting into this squabble or your personal business (ie your relationship) but I feel obliged to say that you apparently have a somewhat skewed view and might want to recognize some projecting by yourself, based on a very limited perspective.

In other words, you need to get out more - a wider range of experiences and associates might be in order before you can accurately opine on such things...

Edited by SteeleJoe
  • Like 1

Not at all interested in getting into this squabble or your personal business (ie your relationship) but I feel obliged to say that you apparently have a somewhat skewed view and might want to recognize some projecting by yourself, based on a very limited perspective.

In other words, you need to get out more - a wider range of experiences and associates might be in order before you can accurately opine on such things...

A truly fascinating post with deep incite. Thanks for your contribution.

Sorry to be so negative, but yours really is the worst post on this thread

WOW! That's a very low bar indeed!

Interesting that my post disagreeing with an objectively false and ignorant comment by you about others is worse than all those from people who repeatedly judged you and your girlfriend and described you both in the most offensive terms.

And to think that until now, I had been echoing those who were basically supporting you...actually I still do; because you say dumb things and disparage me without cause, doesn't mean people should feel so compelled to judge your personal choices.

PS: I hope you never have to write the word "incite" on the board for your students...

Edited by SteeleJoe

Where do you live, Star Member tropo?

Be honest

About 6km from where you live. Have you been to Castra Gym lately?

Seriously, enough of this nonsense already.

Edited by tropo

Interesting that my post disagreeing with an objectively false and ignorant comment by you about others is worse than all those from people who repeatedly judged you and your girlfriend and described you both in the most offensive terms.

And to think that until now, I had been echoing those who were basically supporting you...actually I still do; because you say dumb things and disparage me without cause, doesn't mean people should feel so compelled to judge your personal choices.

PS: I hope you never have to write the word "incite" on the board for your students...

A low bar, but true still the same

A low bar, but true still the same

No doubt you are right. Perhaps you could explain why so I can have something to read tomorrow that might amuse or interest me...

ha ha

Who really cares?

Go back to post #1.

What's it got to do with my family? It's her life and my life...it's OUR private business.

She's not a politician and neither am I.

I like thaivisa.com. I can be anonymous...and still shake the extremists out of the trees

Ok, but if it has nothing to do with your family why make up a job for her to tell your family?

As said before, because sometimes others are biggoted and closed minded. So why tell them if if may cause a hassle for them.

as said before, OP does not have a problem with it so it really should not be a problem what his family or friends think.

OP could also say she did not work, or worked in the car, but chose something else.

i wonder why?!whistling.gif

Having lived here a long while, I think it is better to use words like "prostitute" or "sex-worker" than "bargirl". If you want to call them anything else you're delusional.

Wrong.

You obviously don't know too much about the Thai girls who work in the Pattaya entertainment industry.

Not all girls who work the bar are prostitutes. Not all gogo girls are prostitutes.

There are many girls who work in beer bars, flirt with customers but never go with them.

Many of Pattaya's gogo bars now employ agency girls as dancers, and dance is all they do if that's all they want to do.They are not forced to go with customers and many of them don't.

You say that you have lived in Pattaya for a while, so why would you choose to live there if to you prostitution is such a vile occupation?

When you go for your walk along Pattaya streets, do you look down your nose at every girl you pass believing them to be disgusting prostitutes?

Do you tell your family and friends back in Farangland that you are living in a red light district and surrounded by low class prostitutes, or do you sugar coat the description?

How many Thai prostitutes have serviced your needs? Do you have any respect at all for these girls or are they all tramps in your eyes?

You suggest that there are more acceptable jobs that these girls could perform, what steps have you taken to provide better employment options for the girls?

Are you happily married? If yes, are you happier with your wife than the OP is with his girl? Did you meet your wife in Thailand? Was your wife a virgin when you met her?

The OP has shared some of his life choices on this thread, you have been his greatest detractor, so let's hear how and why your life is better than his.

Pattaya is not the easiest place in the world to find a woman who genuinely likes/loves you for all the right reasons. There are too many distractions and temptations for both sexes. The OP has been honest in his posts and it seems that he is more than happy with his living arrangements and with his chosen girl.

Why can't some of you oh so righteous goody two shoes wish him well rather than attack him just because he has strong feelings for a girl whose occupation isn't to your liking.

If truth be known, I think most of you are jealous of him.

so what is the right word for a woman who sells her body for money?

Or you trying to say some bar girls refused to go with you, so they are just bar workers?

Ever thought, that they did not like you and hence why they refused? or they had periods? or thought you to be a cheap charlie? or 100 other reasonsrolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Or you trying to say some bar girls refused to go with you, so they are just bar workers?

Ever thought, that they did not like you and hence why they refused? or they had periods? or thought you to be a cheap charlie? or 100 other reasonsrolleyes.gif

Have you ever been to Pattaya? If you have you must have walked around with your eyes and ears shut.

I'll write it again..just for you.

Not all Pattaya working girls, or bar girls or gogo girls are prostitutes. Some work bar duties just for the wages on offer by the bar owner. They don't go with customers.

Next, you'll be claiming that all hotel room maids are prostitutes too.

It's bigots like you who give the decent, female population of Pattaya a bad name.

• Like 2

Have you ever been to Pattaya? If you have you must have walked around with your eyes and ears shut.

Not all Pattaya working girls, or bar girls or gogo girls are prostitutes. Some work bar duties just for the wages on offer by the bar owner. They don't go with customers.

It's bigots like you who give the decent, female population of Pattaya a bad name.

The final decision whether a girl goes with a client is down to the girl.

Sure, she would not last long if she declined every barfine request.

Usually, those who cannot/do not go out of the bar will make it clear to the customer.

I think you have a problem because whenever the word "prostitute" is used you get upset and start defending them.

The word prostitute is merely a job description. It doesn't indicate my personal opinion of them. It is not a derogatory word. I'm not calling them "whores".

I'm sorry to hear that so many bargirls refuse to go with you, but it is their choice.

Edited by tropo

Ever thought, that they did not like you and hence why they refused? or they had periods? or thought you to be a cheap charlie? or 100 other reasons

Your trying to tell us that not all bar girls or Gogo girls in pattaya are not prostitute,unbelievable,it may be so for the first couple of nights with a few of the girls,but then they soon change.

I think this will be my last post, although I will follow the thread because it is "interesting".

There seems to be a disconnect here and I cannot reconcile it, as much as I would like to believe the OP and what he says, however his actions are not backed up by his words.

He states (four quotes), "I love her, absolutely no question about it". "I love her, take care of her, she looks after me too when I'm skint". “So now I'm on my 4th serious relationship”. “If she's prepared to wait 15 years she can live with me off my pension money, no worries”.

So he loves her, takes care of her and it is a serious relationship, and he would be quite happy if she was with him for another 15 years. However surely that is at odds with what is actually happening in as much as: –

1). If he truly loved and cared for her would he allow her to put her health (and his) on the line on a daily basis by being exposed to some pretty awful diseases?

2). If he loved and cared for her would be allow her body to be used and perhaps abused by hundreds, if not thousands, of men from all nationalities and walks of life?

3). If he loved and cared for her would be not try and make her lot in life better?

4). If he loved and cared for her and knew that she was doing that job just for the money, would he not try and put himself in the position to earn enough money so that she didn't have to have her body defiled on a regular basis by strangers in doing her job?

You see that's the part that doesn't compute, however perhaps some of his other quotes put the above into perspective when he says, "We share the money we earn". "I accept it and enjoy the money that goes with her work". "At my age I prefer a quickie. Wam bam,thank you Ma'am". "And I do occasionally enjoy the company of other ladies too".

Perhaps he doesn't understand the meaning of the words "love and care, and serious relationship", or perhaps he is fooling himself (and us) because really he is satisfied with the situation for the money, the quick bangs and the fact that he doesn't want to have to work too hard in order to get by in this country.

Someone talked about lowering the bar, but I think with the OP, the bar is already on the ground, but however low his moral standards, he wouldn't be the first, nor the last to do it and anyway as he quite rightly says, it's his business, so why he ever posted in the first place remains a mystery to me.

Edited by xylophone

some off topic posts discussing the location of the Castra Gym have been removed.

Further a reminder to keep this discussion civil and without personal attacks. Thanks.

You could have just put the OP out of his misery and told him you know I live here. I wouldn't have minded one bit.smile.png

think you have a problem because whenever the word "prostitute" is used you get upset and start defending them.

The word prostitute is merely a job description. It doesn't indicate my personal opinion of them. It is not a derogatory word. I'm not calling them "whores".

I'm sorry to hear that so many bargirls refuse to go with you, but it is their choice.

It's not the word 'prostitute' that upsets me. What upsets me is that you seem to believe that every female who works in Pattaya is a prostitute.

Yes, the word prostitute' is merely a job description, and yes, it applies to women who sleep with customers for payment...BUT...not every female who works in a bar sleeps with customers.

If you have trouble believing that, take yourself along to a few bars, speak with the bar owners/managers/mamsans and ask them how many girls in the employ do not go with customers.

Your trying to tell us that not all bar girls or Gogo girls in pattaya are not prostitute,unbelievable,it may be so for the first couple of nights with a few of the girls,but then they soon change.

No, I'm trying to tell you that not all girls or gogo girls in Pattaya are prostitutes.

Why don't you and Tropo get together one night and do as I have suggested above. Both of you might then start realizing how wrong you are with your poor regard of bar working women.

If it makes you both happier, let me state that all of Pattaya's freelancers are prostitutes, however, not all of Pattaya's women who walk Pattaya streets are freelancers.

I hope you both can work out the difference....but I doubt that you can.

• Like 1