Pgtv Launches On The Internet

baabaabobo

Wish I had ADSL... :o

PHUKET: Programming from PGTV, the Phuket Gazette’s own TV production unit, can now be watched online at www.phuketgazette.net/tv, or by clicking on the “TV-Phuket” link above.

Ten minutes of news and 10 minutes of documentaries or interviews are now uploaded to the site every day, Monday to Friday, at 10 am, from PGTV’s own studio.

The program consists of Phuket news, followed by the weather forecast and currency exchange rates, and then This Is Phuket, the documentary or interview segment concentrating, again, on the local community.

In addition to the online service, programming can also be seen on some local cable channels and in guest rooms in an increasing number of hotels.

PGTV is forging new alliances all the time. As an example, today’s online documentary, Return to Paradise, is the first of a four-part special on the tsunami aftermath by Australian filmmaker Michelle McRae.

PGTV was launched on January 2 this year as part of the Phuket Gazette’s drive to expand into a variety of media, which already includes the newspaper itself, the Gazette Online and the Gazette Guide phone book.

To watch the online show, viewers will need a minimum of an ADSL connection and Internet Explorer.

PGTV welcomes feedback. Send email to [email protected]

Brought to you by:

The Phuket Gazette

18:32 local time (GMT +7)

Wish I had ADSL...

Even on 2.2 Mbps its awfull..

Can normally stream anything but this has to buffer every 5 seconds which doesnt make it worth watching..

ive now let it run for 10 mins and probably seen about 30 seconds of footage. :o

I've watched it yesterday and today very good quality with my ADSL TOT.

But the anchorwoman from today and the bloke yesterday made me laughing, sorry.

First I thought it's a comedian................

Todays lady reminded me at the Muppets Show..........guess who???

Gerd

Normally I can log onto Aussie TV news with perfect quality- an uninterrupted stream. The quality of PGTV - aside from poor viewing- also reflects the biased, low-intellect of the weekly newspaper. So disappointing!

Even, the Aussie tsunami film 'Return to Paradise' (aired on PGTV) appalled me - not only was it very old news and should not be aired now but it was sprinkled with misinformation which only adds to the world's confusion about the region's progress and need.

There is room for improvement! :o

• 1 month later...

got to agree with you khall64au. i am watching it now.

my thai is far from perfect. but when the newsreader says 'wotes' instead of 'votes', thats a worry. dont slag me off for this. i am simply making an observation.

i find that news in general in thailand is of a very inferior quality. the sound, filming technique and the general presentation is very slack and seems to be slapped together by primary school students.

In contrast to PGTV, Andaman News is on free terrestial TV11, radio FM90.5 in this region, & downloadable mini-videos, starting again today at our usual time slot of 8.30am, on Monday 1 May, with a special report on redevelopment of Patong & Kamala beaches, plus an interview with the owner of a new restaurant in an old building of Phuket town, with 2 artists currently exhibiting there.

Also this week we will have interviews with the Norwegian and Swedish ambassadors who opened a joint consulate in Phuket; the Director in charge of approving a new Tsunami movie; donors of over 80,000 books to tsunami affected schools; and the British Ambassador during a visit to Phuket. Plus more reports on a students art exhibition; a Masters Golf Tournament in Phuket; a dolphin center meeting; an unusual car rally; and a football tournament & training.

Andaman News is usually on air at 8.30-9am, Mondays to Fridays, in English, with the latest local Phuket, Phang Nga and Krabi news, reports, interviews and weather forecasts on local TV Channel 11 (VHF dial) and if at 8.30am also on Radio Thailand FM90.5, both in Phuket, Phang Nga & Krabi provinces.

The news text is usually posted on www.thaisnews.com

at 8.00am on each day of broadcast. To view archives or previous dates news text , change the date (weekdays since 26-09-2004) by changing the address line of your browser: eg for 7 June 2005 put: http://www.thaisnews.com/show_eachnews.php...date=07-06-2005

and you can also see/download mini-videos of most of the reports and interviews, posted later after the program - a list of recent videos is available at VDO clips or: http://www.thaisnews.com/vdoclips_list.php

and a list of mini-videos archives since June 2005 is at http://www.thaisnews.com/vdoclips.php

anywhere you see a movie box with a red arrow, you can click on it to view or download.

As a public broadcaster, our news text and mini-videos can be freely copied and posted on other websites, but please give source credit to Andaman News TV11 Phuket and inform us (unlike PGTV...).

For enquiries, suggestions or to send PR, please email [email protected]

Thank you!