Cigna International Health Insurance

samran

Hi all,

Just looking at Cigna international as an option for my family health insurance. Just wondering if people have had a good experience with them? The seem to be one of the better ones about.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by samran

This company will stop insuring you when you reach a certain age. Unlike many other countries Thailand does not protect the elderly against discrimination by health insurance providers.

This company will stop insuring you when you reach a certain age. Unlike many other countries Thailand does not protect the elderly against discrimination by health insurance providers.

Of course insurers discriminate, that's their profession: select the good risk at healthy premiums, and leave the bad risks to others.

BTW, as far as I know it is possible to get insurance coverage from Cigna Global, which is a reputable and long standing company. If that is the case there would be different coverage and conditions, just as Bupa Global and Bupa Thailand are not the same coverage/conditions.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had Cigna International for two years and think they are very good but expensive. I thought you were very happy with your insurance, William Russell, why are you looking to change?

You are right there that we are happy. Just going through the process of re-assessing finances and insurance options and making sure what suited us in 2008 suits us now. Still going through the process but leaning towards keeping William Russell.

• 4 months later...

it' not thai...!! they are based in scotland

i m just reading their f......policy rules looks like good luck to get your money and nothing about who pays first...

Cigna is a gigantic corporation.

If you are looking for good service and responsibility, you should seek insurance companies like William Russel and A+ International. WR is a family business and is dedicated to the society; while A+ International promises to offer unlimited renewability - they won't kick you out no matter what your age is.

Cheers

If you are looking for good service and responsibility, you should seek insurance companies like William Russel and A+ International. WR is a family business and is dedicated to the society; while A+ International promises to offer unlimited renewability - they won't kick you out no matter what your age is.

Cheers

So big companies are bad?

Cheers

Go to big insurance brand names' Facebook pages to take a look at the anger and hatred from people.

Cheers

Go to big insurance brand names' Facebook pages to take a look at the anger and hatred from people.

Yes, big companies means more clients, more clients means more unhappy customers. But it also means more happy customers. Do you have any percentages?

Cheers

Yes, big companies means more clients, more clients means more unhappy customers. But it also means more happy customers. Do you have any percentages?

Do YOU have any percentages?

Do YOU have any percentages?

No, but I'm not claiming big companies are bad.

No, but I'm not claiming big companies are bad.

And you can't say that claim is wrong.

If you claim something you have to able to prove it, not the other way around.

There was a question here regarding Cigna, a very reputable big insurance company. If you can say anything about them that contributes, fine, but if you're only comment is 'they're big so bad', better start your own thread to promote the companies you like to promote.

• Like 1

Both William Russell and A+/ Mondial of Belgium are underwritten by Allianz Group of Germany. Both Russell and A+ are only in the position to offer what Allianz allows them to offer. Ultimately, there is no such thing as a small insurer.

http://www.aplusii.com/web/eng/About/about_02.html

http://william-russell.com/about-us/strength-and-security

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have used CIGNA for several years. Never had any problems. Many times I get Pre-approval at the hospital so I pay my personal contribution only and don't have to make a claim for the balance since it is paid directly to the hospital.

How old will you be when they no longer cover you? How much you pay?