Airport Of Smiles

The latest in we are so damn "amazing here" statements.

Seen the posters infront of the airport?

Airport of Smiles?

Yes indeed it made me smile.

In fact it made me laugh.

Thnx Swampy, I needed that one.

-I actually once observed a smiling immigrations officer.

-Once a waitress smiled when I gave a big tip.

-Once a check inn guy smiled when I said thank you for you great help.

-Once............. (let me think).

Going out of Chiang Mai on Thursday, all the immigration officers had brightly coloured shirts on and were extremely cheerful.

Mine apologised profusely for the delays caused by a computer failure, and shook my hand gleefully when I told him no problem and wished him happy new year.

If I could fly directly into Chiang Mai, I'd avoid the Swampy forever.

• Like 1

I don't really give a crap whether I get a smile or not at the airport, as long as I can get through quickly, have a few beers and nick off. Having said that I have never had a smile that I can remember at immigration, nor any kind of response if I am friendly to them, just my passport shoved back at me and a turn to the right "dismissed".

I've always been treated politely & courteously by ticket agents & immigration at Swampy. Perhaps not so much at the gate, but I don't much care by then. Anyway, my point is that a smile and courteous greeting go a long way -- in both directions.

Normally get smiles and good service at check inn at Khon Kaen air port.

Same here!

I always find the check in staff and airport staff at khon kaen airport very pleasant and cheerful at all times!

And both other passengers travelling the same day agree ! thumbsup.gif

Normally get smiles and good service at check inn at Khon Kaen air port.

Same here!

I always find the check in staff and airport staff at khon kaen airport very pleasant and cheerful at all times!

And both other passengers travelling the same day agree ! thumbsup.gif

Thnx for your support and understanding Soi41, it is very much appreciated.

Your vote of confidence is warming.

smile.png

Anyhow,

As too many things do go wrong during traveling these days, it is actually quite ok to meet friendly and service minded staff.

Hmmm... the random posting of someone 'trapped' at home due to Songkran Aversion Syndrome possibly?

you and your 6000 posts, or, so bored wherever you are, you MUST log on?

tongue.png

Don't stress.... you will be up there in the +5000 club soon enough posting like this.

Hmmm... the random posting of someone 'trapped' at home due to Songkran Aversion Syndrome possibly?

you and your 6000 posts, or, so bored wherever you are, you MUST log on?

tongue.png

Don't stress.... you will be up there in the +5000 club soon enough posting like this.

My post was meant as humorous, regardless of of your sarcastic remark pal.

Sure I will at one point reach 10 000.

But please, don't be the Postmaster General.

You dont like the thread? No problem pal, there are 1000s of other very god ones.

smile.png

Edited by Travel2003

In fairness to the miserable sour-faced old gits at Swampy, imagine having to say for the umpteenth time "You have to fill out an immigration card, you retard".

Agree.

But still, when dealing with people, one kind of need to work on certain people skills.

Of course, I'm not all smiling myself when I see Russians or Chinese groups infront of me in the immigration line.

Because that means, as you correctly stated, no cards filled out, due to lack of English skills.

In fairness to the miserable sour-faced old gits at Swampy, imagine having to say for the umpteenth time "You have to fill out an immigration card, you retard".

Agree.

But still, when dealing with people, one kind of need to work on certain people skills.

Of course, I'm not all smiling myself when I see Russians or Chinese groups infront of me in the immigration line.

Because that means, as you correctly stated, no cards filled out, due to lack of English skills.

I thought it was mostly due to lack of pen since the Chinese get landing cards in Chinese,the Russians get landing cards in Russian, etc, etc..

PS. I like your thread btw and I GOT your humour. Just a pity you missed mine.

PPS. Songkran is almost over!!!

• Like 1

My post was meant as humorous, regardless of of your sarcastic remark pal.

Sure I will at one point reach 10 000.

But please, don't be the Postmaster General.

You dont like the thread? No problem pal, there are 1000s of other very god ones.

Wonderful attitude. You'll go far. whistling.gif