Drivers Lic Renewal

BigSkip

First of all sorry to start a new thread about Thai Drivers Lic., I know how testie some folks are about repeats..... but I have a questions about the time frame to renew: my friend says you can do 30 days prior or wait up to one year after it expires, is this true? With the holiday upon us its difficult to do this late in the month along with the "proof of residence" and mine expires 30apr13. Any info would be gladly appreciated, thanks in advance!

if you want to get 5 years, you need to wait 1 day after the expiry, but 1 year, before the expiry.

As crazy as it sounds, thats how it is

I have a 1 year Thai driver's license now. So are you saying that in order to get my 5 year license, I should go the license place at least 1 day after it expires so that I can get a 5 year license? I was told by a guy in the license place to come, up to 60 days, before it expires to get a 5 year license.

if you want to get 5 years, you need to wait 1 day after the expiry, but 1 year, before the expiry.

As crazy as it sounds, thats how it is

I have a 1 year Thai driver's license now. So are you saying that in order to get my 5 year license, I should go the license place at least 1 day after it expires so that I can get a 5 year license? I was told by a guy in the license place to come, up to 60 days, before it expires to get a 5 year license.

Cigar7, you have the correct information. You can renew a 1 year temporary license into a 5 year license 60 days early and up to 1 year late of expiry.

What Lemoncake is referring to is how it used to be. Not sure exactly when they changed the rules, but I’d say it’s about 2-3 years ago.

• Like 1

I believe there is no difference between one year and five year renewal time frame but now there is a pinned topic at the top of the page about Obtaining and renewing a one year driving licence where we can share information and keep everything in one place:

//CLOSED//