Where Do I Pick Up Work Permit: Any Hints?

My employer (local university) has given me a receipt saying that I should pick up my WP1 on a specific date between 0830 and 1530.

--Where is the labor department?

--Is it pretty straight forward? Long lines? Better to arrive early? Just pay the fee and that's it?

Thank you!

WP1 is merely the application form for a Work Permit when you apply yourself and/or are already in Thailand.

Find out where your local Labour Dept is go in, pick up the form and guidance notes.

No way will you be able to complete the application there and then as you certainly will be asked for documents you don't have on you.

Maybe what you have is a WP1 Receipt (A5 Sized), if so take your passport and the fee (One Year = 3,100 THB).

It's probably best you turn up in the morning find out the right dept, get a queue ticket then wait your turn.

Best you have a Thai speaker with you as Labour are not always big on English.

Edited by digitalchromakey

WP1 is merely the application form for a Work Permit when you apply yourself and/or are already in Thailand.

Find out where your local Labour Dept is go in, pick up the form and guidance notes.

No way will you be able to complete the application there and then as you certainly will be asked for documents you don't have on you.

Maybe what you have is a WP1 Receipt (A5 Sized), if so take your passport and the fee (One Year = 3,100 THB).

It's probably best you turn up in the morning find out the right dept, get a queue ticket then wait your turn.

The fee is paid at the same time the application is made! Edited by BrianCR

The fee is paid at the same time the application is made!

Not in my area, where the 100 THB is paid on WP1 or WP3 application acceptance and then the 3,000 THB on WP issue/collection.

This is all something that the Uni should be helping you with. They should drive you there and take care of EVERYTHING for you or I just wouldn't bother working for them.

• Like 1