Why Wont Scan/pdf File Attach To An E-Mail?

scorecard

I've tried in both Gmail and Yahoo to attach a scanned PDF copy of our passports. The file is 2 pages total.

The attachment into the e-mails appears to start but 15 minutes later not finished.

Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

Is there a special attachment method for scans converted to PDF?

Am I impatient?

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Edited by scorecard

I'm just an old fart pensioner with little computer know how. What I do is Scan the document required and then send it as an atachment in the email. I have sent photos of drivers licence and passports like this quite a few times.

I think Mrjlh's post on the mark. OK, what you need to do is send a smaller file than that which the scanner prepares for.

R-click on your scanned file, check 'Properties'. How big is the file - 40kb should be good enough.

Your computer scanning program should have some options for reducing the size/quality of the scanned image.

Otherwise, If for example you are using windows, save the scan, open it with the Paint program, then reduce the image size.

These are just a few options. AA

Just a suggestion but have a look at the resolution of the scan ( look at settings menu on scanner) . Usually a pdf should not be much more in size than a jpeg.

Thanks to all, lots of knowledge to play with from all your posts.

Much appreciated.