40K A Month Isn't Enough Anymore

balloon chaser

I can't live unless I've done a bottle of Winston's 1999 Vintage before brekkie and then shagged every one of your women...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ha ha never in a million years El dorado if you can find it!, no in thailand i have to make do with cocktails i learned how to make when i lived in Nassau, or Tiger beer.

JD cant stand any more :( loved it but drunk so much its horrible now, bit like the thai food discussion above it becomes boring and bland...

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...these are cheaper around 300 baht a pizza - 3 x cost of 100 baht dinner ive seen posted on here but more filling and more tasty ?

i just find it mad that people will eat the same food every day to save a buck when after all they happily spend 500b a night in the bar / cut bar bill eat differently - if ever i was in this situation i would certainly do that.

Now you're saving money but earlier stated that your budget is 120-200k baht per month. Good luck with that as you can obviously afford it.

The majority of expats would survive, comfortably, on your budget for two months.

...these are cheaper around 300 baht a pizza - 3 x cost of 100 baht dinner ive seen posted on here but more filling and more tasty ?

i just find it mad that people will eat the same food every day to save a buck when after all they happily spend 500b a night in the bar / cut bar bill eat differently - if ever i was in this situation i would certainly do that.

Now you're saving money but earlier stated that your budget is 120-200k baht per month. Good luck with that as you can obviously afford it.

The majority of expats would survive, comfortably, on your budget for two months.

Not exactly saving as mentioned late night snack so this is on top of my dinner .. yes some could but that is their situration not mine, im not comparing mine to theirs, im stating the obvious why eat cheap bland food every day in paradise when there are just as cheap alternatives such as the local pizza takeaway amongst many other food types.

I can't live unless I've done a bottle of Winston's 1999 Vintage before brekkie and then shagged every one of your women...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Classless lout.

Taylors 40 yo port and Stitchelton on toast for me!

I've a few bottles of Smirnoff on the go. Fat Dave, Jim and some other odd xxxxxx who I don't know are here.....No Stilton though. We done Pizza Hut and it was vile....

• Like 1

Classless lout.

I've a few bottles of Smirnoff on the go. Fat Dave, Jim and some other odd xxxxxx who I don't know are here.....No Stilton though. We done Pizza Hut and it was vile....

The perfect "Glad I'm not there" post.....laugh.png

Classless lout.

The perfect "Glad I'm not there" post.....laugh.png

Dude, every post is the 'we're glad you're not here' post....

• 2 weeks later...

Forty thousand Baht isn't enough anymore ?

Why does this and/or rumors and complaints of this come as rockin' good news to some of us.

Thailand on 40k THB ?

Of course you can. Good honest hardworking Thais from the emerging agrarian classes do it all the time and on much less.

They also manage to live happy fulfilling lives.

It's about managing one's expectations as well as one's money. Learning to speak read and write proper Thai costs nothing but delivers massive returns and respect. Learning to eat properly and appreciate and be grateful for what one has is a big part of it.

Hanging out in Nana, Cowboy, Club Rao, the Florence?

Hey, fuggeddaboudit.

;-)))

• Like 1

Uhhh. If you have children you need a maid. I agree if you are single I don't understand the need for a maid other than once a month.

Who could live without a car? Maybe if you are single and live in a downtown area but who wants to go out and arrive all sweaty and smelly after sitting in the back of a bus or sawng tao during the hot season?

We have the Mrs's sisters boy stays with us so that one is debunked.

Nope I have no need for a car, plenty of public transport

You didn't answer the question; what is there for a maid to do?

Cooking

Cleaning

Shopping

Washing

Ironing

Gardening

Recycling

Harvesting and preparing fruit when needed

Restocking all fridges with drinks

Organising delivery of water, beer, cooking gas, soda etc

Paying bills that aren't on DD or recurring payment

General ad hoc messenger-type stuff, running errands etc

Enough of a list for you?

Uhhh. If you have children you need a maid. I agree if you are single I don't understand the need for a maid other than once a month.

Who could live without a car? Maybe if you are single and live in a downtown area but who wants to go out and arrive all sweaty and smelly after sitting in the back of a bus or sawng tao during the hot season?

Cooking

Cleaning

Shopping

Washing

Ironing

Gardening

Recycling

You and your wife can cook , clean , shop, wash and iron like the rest of us normal people living in the middle class.

Not our problem that you are too rich to experience that .

• Like 1

Cooking

Cleaning

Shopping

Washing

Ironing

Gardening

Recycling

You and your wife can cook , clean , shop, wash and iron like the rest of us normal people living in the middle class.

Not our problem that you are too rich to experience that .

Yeah most of the people in the middle-class back in the west, couldn´t even afford a maid, so now when you can, you shouldn´t get one?

I don't have a maid, though I wish I did, but if I work 7 days a week and long hours what is so god damn wrong with me having a maid?

Only people with too much time on their hands will try to gobsmack others with an issue like this.

Oh dear what a daft post.

Lemme see if I've got you straight here.

You're saying the first scenario is not as prevalent because those men in the second scenario aren't as vocal in their lamentations.

That's ridiculous as is your suggestion that my assertions are akin to racial stereotyping. Men in both scenarios tell their tales of woe; it's just that there seem to be more where the man has emerged from a relationship where he's hooked up with a financial sponge.

Nope never said that at all - try reading it again. I said YOU DON'T KNOW IT IS PREVALENT - you are guessing it is. I made no claim to know either way - that was your foolishness not mine (talking about being daft!).

And if you don't think "Western man would hook up with and/or marry an uneducated financial and mental sponge of a Thai woman is" is stereotypic or racist, then that says a whole lot more about you than me.

You're not too smart, mate but I do love it when keyboard warriors rock up and start accusing people of being racist.

I believe that the first scenario is more prevalent. That's my opinion. You disagree - fine - you're entitled to yours.

Just how - exactly - is suggesting that there are uneducated, financially-challenged Thai women actively seeking out stupid Western men stereotyping? It's a fact

Pray tell, where - exactly - did I say that ALL Thai women were uneducated financial and mental sponges.

Perhaps try engaging your brain before touching the keyboard.

You need to look up "keyboard warrior" in the urban dictionary - I have not threatened you at all; term does not fit, I merely disagree with your statements, that makes me a "keyboard debater" perhaps - oh the wound of that insult. Seems it is your shoe to wear - it was you who have called me both "daft" and "not too bright" - in a failed attempt to make yourself look wise.

I would also pit my intelligence against yours any day friend.

You did not state it as an opinion, you stated that it is obvious. You gave only two scenarios to fit everyone in to and then opted for the one you believed fit your opinions best - this is what I disagreed with.

"Just how - exactly - is suggesting that there are uneducated, financially-challenged Thai women actively seeking out stupid Western men stereotyping? It's a fact" - in which case pretty much everything is a fact, if I can find one individual doing or believing anything - it's a non-argument.

I say again - with your actual quoted (out of context) point: 'if you don't think "Western man would hook up with and/or marry an uneducated financial and mental sponge of a Thai woman is" is stereotypic or racist, then that says a whole lot more about you than me.'. The "All Thai women" is implied quite blatantly in the grammar (weak though it is). It would have been any easy measure to correct this implication, but you instead decided to try and attack me - twice - and then have the audacity to call me a keyboard warrior!

I might suggest you too engage your brain before touching the keyboard, but I wouldn't want the search to delay you.

You need to look up "keyboard warrior" in the urban dictionary - I have not threatened you at all; term does not fit, I merely disagree with your statements, that makes me a "keyboard debater" perhaps - oh the wound of that insult. Seems it is your shoe to wear - it was you who have called me both "daft" and "not too bright" - in a failed attempt to make yourself look wise.

I would also pit my intelligence against yours any day friend.

You did not state it as an opinion, you stated that it is obvious. You gave only two scenarios to fit everyone in to and then opted for the one you believed fit your opinions best - this is what I disagreed with.

"Just how - exactly - is suggesting that there are uneducated, financially-challenged Thai women actively seeking out stupid Western men stereotyping? It's a fact" - in which case pretty much everything is a fact, if I can find one individual doing or believing anything - it's a non-argument.

I say again - with your actual quoted (out of context) point: 'if you don't think "Western man would hook up with and/or marry an uneducated financial and mental sponge of a Thai woman is" is stereotypic or racist, then that says a whole lot more about you than me.'. The "All Thai women" is implied quite blatantly in the grammar (weak though it is). It would have been any easy measure to correct this implication, but you instead decided to try and attack me - twice - and then have the audacity to call me a keyboard warrior!

I might suggest you too engage your brain before touching the keyboard, but I wouldn't want the search to delay you.

In a vain and laughable bid to coat yourself with a thin and transparent veneer of intellectualism, you've unnecessarily complicated the issue.

This isn't a battle of intellect, mate; only of opinions.

Frankly, you've spent 30 minutes of your life that you'll never get back tying yourself up in knots and your point - such as it ever was - remains non-existent.