Teen Girl Sexually Assaulted During Songkran

Lite Beer

Terrible ..

Hopefully he will be convicted and put in Prison, and see how he likes being ''Raped'' by fellow male inmates...coz i am sure thats what goes on...

Actually, I don't think they have prison rape here ....

Not so sure about that!

Just thought I read something that that sort of behavior is not tolerated here in prison.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes blame the victim mentality, she should have known better rather than he should have known better and that it is not acceptable to assault a girl or a woman. Perhaps if this blame the victim mentality were not so prevalent then the idea that its alright to assault women wouldn't be so prevalent either.

If I were a man I would be offended by the notion that I was totally incapable of controlling myself because of my gender and yet, this seems to be the idea some men have.

I don't recall any post that was inferring this? Can you identify the post you found saying this?

Aside from the mental damage done to the girl I hope she hasn't contacted any diseases. Also why must media reports go into so much detail eg how many times he climaxed. I don't see how that changes the overall nature of the story. No need for that sort of thing tbh

I agree that's a very strange detail to have in a news article.

Maybe Thais and farangs look at rape differently....I have a daughter, and if this were to happen to her, things most assuredly would not go well for the rapist.. It would certainly be sad if he were allowed to pay a few baht to the family, be freed, and continuing raping other girls.I was just talking to a friend of mine in the gym who was telling me a story about his village back in Ireland. A local person in the village raped a 8 year old girl. And shortly thereafter, he was found dead with his appendage in his mouth..

This sounds like the same justice that is dished out back where I am from.

The only problem with vigilante justice is that often the wrong man is accused and is dead before the conviction can be corrected.

It's sad when, in most places, a mid-teen girl has to learn to be afraid of any men who are older. The result is; men who are older than girls are treated with suspicion and sometimes disgust, just for being men who are older.

You don't have to be afraid...but you need to be careful. And that goes for anyone really.

Aside from the mental damage done to the girl I hope she hasn't contacted any diseases. Also why must media reports go into so much detail eg how many times he climaxed. I don't see how that changes the overall nature of the story. No need for that sort of thing tbh

I agree that's a very strange detail to have in a news article.

In Thai law rape with climax in the victim is a more serious offense than rape without climax. Including this detail may look strange to us, but it is included to let the readers know the seriousness of the offense.

I am surprised at some of the comments about the victim. A 14 year old girl goes out during the day with a female friend to splash water during the biggest festival of the year. She is introduced by her friend to a male who takes her on a motorcycle and goes to splash water.

In the evening (not night) he takes her home with a group of friends, but leave the group and takes her to a secluded place and rapes her. He admits to having done this with other girls.

A 14 year old is still very naive and this guy had a definite plan. Very, very unfortunate for the young girl. Very unfortunate that guys like this are lose in society. She was truly a victim and the guy is truly a perpetrator.

I hope she makes a full recovery from this ordeal.

• Like 2

Maybe Thais and farangs look at rape differently....I have a daughter, and if this were to happen to her, things most assuredly would not go well for the rapist.. It would certainly be sad if he were allowed to pay a few baht to the family, be freed, and continuing raping other girls.I was just talking to a friend of mine in the gym who was telling me a story about his village back in Ireland. A local person in the village raped a 8 year old girl. And shortly thereafter, he was found dead with his appendage in his mouth..

This sounds like the same justice that is dished out back where I am from.

My 14 y/o daughter was raped and killed in Sydney back in '89, shame the guy died, really broke me up.

Maybe Thais and farangs look at rape differently....I have a daughter, and if this were to happen to her, things most assuredly would not go well for the rapist.. It would certainly be sad if he were allowed to pay a few baht to the family, be freed, and continuing raping other girls.

I was just talking to a friend of mine in the gym who was telling me a story about his village back in Ireland. A local person in the village raped a 8 year old girl. And shortly thereafter, he was found dead with his appendage in his mouth..

You sound like a responsible parent. I too have a daughter and the last place my 14 year old daughter would be during Songkran is out of my sight. She certainly would not be unsupervised and riding around on a 25 yr olds motorbike! Before the parents of this girl get all holier than thou, they should look at themselves and their parenting skills to let their daughter out unsupervised. (maybe they were too drunk on Lao Kao to notice she was gone?)

Whilst rape in any form is a disgusting crime, I think the facts should be studied more closely before judgment is past. As in a lot of stories like this at this time of year, was it rape or did the girl get caught out by coming home late (drunk?) after being out with a boyfriend/one night stand the parents didn't know about?

what, no pic or real name, they must only do that with farangs, we cant make thais loose face can we, pathetic. This mongel deserves to be dealt with in jail very badly but they could at least treat us all as equals, either name and show all or none at all. Seems like they just want to cause problems and embarassment for non thais.

What a load of horsesh*t!!

Grow up, for gods sake.

what, no pic or real name, they must only do that with farangs, we cant make thais loose face can we, pathetic. This mongel deserves to be dealt with in jail very badly but they could at least treat us all as equals, either name and show all or none at all. Seems like they just want to cause problems and embarassment for non thais.

What a load of horsesh*t!!

Grow up, for gods sake.

I was referring to the xxxxxxx that raped her, the thai press are quick to put up pics of farangs involved in this sort of thing but fail to do like wise to their own.

Edited by metisdead