Body Of Tourist Discovered On Jomtien Beach

Rimmer

Body Of Tourist Discovered On Jomtien Beach
PATTAYA:--The body of white male between the ages of 40-50, wearing only swimming trunks, was found near Jomtien beach in the morning. There were no signs of injuries. Police suspect he had been jogging and may have had a heart attack.

PATTAYA – April 17, 2013 [PDN]; At 9 a.m., a report of a body of a male white tourist being found on the beach was received by Pol. Col. Rasita Nenpong, detective officer of the shift of Najomthian police station. A rescue team from Sawang Rojanathammasathan foundation Sattahip was dispatched to the scene along with police.
Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/04/18/body-of-tourist-discovered-on-jomtien-beach/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-04-18

Sorry to hear of anyone dying, but I would hope that his death is not going to set off another frenzy of TV bizarre speculation on the cause of death and all the in-depth baseless analysis of what the police will or will not do about it.

The circumstances are already somewhat undignified without the usual TV three-ring circus turning the deceased into a source of entertainment for the stay-at-home terminally bored.

The Thai police have a habit of not investigating murders and deaths properly and trying to brush them under the carpet. It's therefore inevitable and understandable that these kind of speculative discussions tend to occur on Thaivisa in the absence of a proper investigation.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of anyone dying, but I would hope that his death is not going to set off another frenzy of TV bizarre speculation on the cause of death and all the in-depth baseless analysis of what the police will or will not do about it.

The circumstances are already somewhat undignified without the usual TV three-ring circus turning the deceased into a source of entertainment for the stay-at-home terminally bored.

The Thai police have a habit of not investigating murders and deaths properly and trying to brush them under the carpet. It's therefore inevitable and understandable that these kind of speculative discussions tend to occur on Thaivisa in the absence of a proper investigation.

You think that ThaiVisa speculation is a proper investigation? You're better qualified to conduct an investigation in Thailand?

• Like 1

.... Jomtien Longstay Hotel ....

I stayed there on a monthly basis when their second building opened about 25 years ago. In fact I won a prize in the opening raffle. It was a rather nice place back then but when I looked a year or two ago it seemed to have gone downhill a lot. At the time I was there it was just called the Jomtien Hotel which shows how little competition there was around. I still have a towel with that name on!

Blimey, sorry, I will go back to bed. coffee1.gif

Off topic posts removed, we are not discussing pricing at the hotel and we will please refrain from being a smart Alec where this persons death is concerned.

How could you possibly know the habits of the Thai police, aside from prior baseless speculation on this forum? Many deaths are in fact suicides or from natural causes and do not merit further investigation despite the unending conspiracy theories on TV. I am not defending the police here or in any country. But it really has become nothing more than a recycling of the same speculative accusations whenever any farang is found dead and when, as is often the case, the police do arrest someone, then the speculation turns to the suspect never facing trial.

The speculative discussions tend to occur, not because they are in any way valid, but because TV seems to have a small number of gossipy old ladies who conjure up scandal where it doesn't exist and feed on prior "facts" that they themselves manufactured from their limited imaginations.

And, even accepting that the Thai police may not be role models for investigative zeal, surely by now the sheer repetition of the same accusation has achieved dead horse status for all but the small number of people who find any excuse to bash Thais and it serves no useful purpose. If you want to believe that the Thai police aren't up to your standards, you don't need to be reminded of it on a daily basis.

What have your posts to do with the subject of the thread? You go on and on with your general suspicion that every other member believes the police isn't doing their job before anybody said anything to this effect. Well, the mods like that you chocked every change of views by your first post, mission accomplished.

• Like 1

This man was from Norway, he had been released from Hospital following a heart problem, he resided at Jomtien Longstay Hotel, he suffered a heart attack after swimming.

These are the facts.

RIP.

Sorry Davo to correct your "facts", this man is Wolfgang S. and he is from Germany.

RIP, Wolfgang

How could you possibly know the habits of the Thai police, aside from prior baseless speculation on this forum? Many deaths are in fact suicides or from natural causes and do not merit further investigation despite the unending conspiracy theories on TV. I am not defending the police here or in any country. But it really has become nothing more than a recycling of the same speculative accusations whenever any farang is found dead and when, as is often the case, the police do arrest someone, then the speculation turns to the suspect never facing trial.

The speculative discussions tend to occur, not because they are in any way valid, but because TV seems to have a small number of gossipy old ladies who conjure up scandal where it doesn't exist and feed on prior "facts" that they themselves manufactured from their limited imaginations.

And, even accepting that the Thai police may not be role models for investigative zeal, surely by now the sheer repetition of the same accusation has achieved dead horse status for all but the small number of people who find any excuse to bash Thais and it serves no useful purpose. If you want to believe that the Thai police aren't up to your standards, you don't need to be reminded of it on a daily basis.

Because I regularly read the English language and Thai language newspapers. Even the Thais on their message boards eg Pantip.com etc speculate and discuss murders and crimes and make negative comments about the Thai police investigations.

You just have to look at the recent case of the small Karen girl who was tortured and kept in a cage by a Thai couple for an example of Thai police behaviour. The police allowed the couple to escape after presumably pocketing the bail money and at one point even sent the girl back to the couple after she escaped from them, where she endured more mistreatment until she was finally rescued.

As the previous poster said, it's not for you to act as moderator and dictate what people can or can not post.

This man was from Norway, he had been released from Hospital following a heart problem, he resided at Jomtien Longstay Hotel, he suffered a heart attack after swimming.

These are the facts.

RIP.

Thanks

These are the facts.

RIP.

Thanks
You are giving thanks for wrong information; it doesn't matter bec you did not know the deceased and Wolfgang's ashes are already scattered over The Gulf Of Thailand...

These are the facts.

RIP.

Thanks
You are giving thanks for wrong information; it doesn't matter bec you did not know the deceased and Wolfgang's ashes are already scattered over The Gulf Of Thailand...

Then I stand corrected ... once again.

Either way, condolences for the loss of your friend and may he rest peacefully.

Edited by Dap