Paying It Forward

corkythecat

For purely charitable reasons (I'm sure this will attract a lot of flak), I wish to place 22 year old Thai Single mother on some sort of Educational/vocational course in the Jomtien/Pattaya Area.Preferably at least 5 days per week.

She only has minimum Thai education, but is not unintelligent.

For all those who believe I may as well set fire to my money, I expect little or nothing from this exercise.

• Like 1

If she intends to live in pattaya and it's basically a resort town, there will always be jobs in the hotel and restaurant industry. I know there are a couple cooking schools in town (google pattaya cooking school) and this could be an option. If she has completed high school, here are also Thai junior colleges (rajapats) that have a varie of vocational courses of study, including cooking, massage, etc.

Hope it pans out.

It's funny here though, you almost need some sort of school finishing cert / university degree even just to get a job serving in a restaurant or as a shop assistant in a mall???

There is a church run training school in Soi 25 Nakua Rd, turn at the 7/11 and go about 100m on left, they teach massage, hairdressing and some computer skills. Being the cheap charlie I am I go there to give the massage students a larger body to work on for a small donation to school and student. The school is for females only. Worth some investigation. The course fees are minimal.

Another good thing you can do is ensure she has good language training, a course in English, Russian or Chinese will hold her in good stead for the future. (Also check she can read and write Thai, not uncommon for the girls to miss out there too.)

"For all those who believe I may as well set fire to my money, I expect little or nothing from this exercise."

Craig doesn't allow us to bash around, but with the attitude, described by the sentence above, she will not make it. That's for sure.

A study is just a bit more than paying for the fees, books, etc.

Support is one of the most important things.

Hi

I notice the place I was going to suggest has already been mentioned,the school on soi 25 naklua, directions already given, just past " Golden Beach" condo.

A while back I spoke to a lady who was going there for lessons, seemed happy with the teaching there.

Worth a look if nothing else.

Good Luck.smile.png

"For all those who believe I may as well set fire to my money, I expect little or nothing from this exercise."

Craig doesn't allow us to bash around, but with the attitude, described by the sentence above, she will not make it. That's for sure.

"...but with the attitude, described by the sentence above, she will not make it."

The expression: "...I expect little or nothing from this exercise," could be taken two ways: that he didn't expect her to profit from the experience or that he (the benefactor) didn't have an ulterior, self-serving motive in assisting her.

I think the latter interpretation is what was meant. The OP was simply saying that he was doing this to help the woman without expecting some "benefits" for himself down the road.

Edited by Suradit69

Just trying to keep this thread from going into the gutter too quickly. The OP seems to be doing a very good thing here.

And you are right on. Support is critical.

There's also a vocational college down in Bang Saray. And one in Ban Amphur, though I think this one is more agriculture oriented. A friend of a friend is a teacher there.

To clarify..my intention is that she may support her son (see pix on my post "illegal Cobstruction etc". after I shuffle of this mortal coil.

I have tried to construct a Trust for him, but at the moment cannot find Trustees, although making progress, with excellent advice and encouragement from a ThaiVisa moderator.

To clarify..my intention is that she may support her son (see pix on my post "illegal Cobstruction etc". after I shuffle of this mortal coil.

I have tried to construct a Trust for him, but at the moment cannot find Trustees, although making progress, with excellent advice and encouragement from a ThaiVisa moderator.

I opened a bank account in joint names of a young girls mother,with a view to funding the young girls future schooling.

The bank account needs both the mother and I to sign to withdraw money.

I hold the bank book and make deposits.

Thus not requiring a trustee.

Maybe something to consider.

By Vocational school do you mean you want her to learn English? If so then there is also Text and Talk behind Tukcom and they have a good reputation all over Thailand. I did my T.E.F.F.L course with them in Bkk 11 years ago. That might be closer to Jomtien for her?

The Tamar Bakery/Tamar Centre on 3rd Road, is an organisation that helps to give girls a different career path. They teach

computer skills, hairdressing and baking on site. They would have at least 12 girls there at any given time. Run that option by her.