Initial Reason For Settling In Isaan

ice1318

up2me4now, on 25 Apr 2013 - 21:36, said:

I was taken advantaged of by a few credit card companies back in blighty in 2003. In fact they just would not leave me alone and kept increasing my credit limits to a six figure sum over just 3 years so whenI realised I would never be able to repay them back in my lifetime I took a flight to Thailand.

Spent a few quid of their money in pattaya became poronoid and got a bus to Issan (to escape again)

I now live in Issan right near a famous river, speak reasonable thai/loas and built my home on some land that was lent to me indefinately, could be taken back tomorrow who cares. But I have lived here for 9 years now obey the immigration laws and live the life of Riley, know everyone in the village by name and am always included in the any events that take place. No body asks anything from me and I am sure I am considered part of their community having never had a bad word with anyone. Infact I only ever leave the village for visa runs. So am I the exception to the rule.? I don't think so.

So you worked over your Credit Card Companies,and done a runner to Thailand,but it was the Credit Card Companies fault! that really is the most pathetic excuse I have ever heard in my life,for theft! I wonder why you don't charge them interest for what they forced you to do?

These are the same kind of people who bought $500,000 homes making minimum wage in the US and couln't understand loosing their homes to foreclosure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hats off to the guy ripping of the credit card companies,,oh ye of little memory,i do believe it was the financial city boys who almost singlehandidly destroyed the western economies well done to the little man in the street,,

• Like 1

I must be the only one.

I decided to live in the sticks all by myself with no Thai-Wife or GF nor having aqired a "mia-noi" in the meantime. Duration 1 1/2 years now.

Result: According to Thai-Logic therefore: I do not contribute to the financial well-beeing to any "Thai-Family", I just sit here and mind my own business. For the time beeing, I am tolerated at best, but voices are getting louder that the presence of a farang should be linked to "how much have we to gain by having the farang among us". Monetary-wise, that is.

In a nutshell: A farang that does not appear as an financial resource to the village (with or without Thai-Wife/GF) will soon be regarded as an "asset with no value".

So I will abandon my live in the sticks soon for obvious reasons. I will mark it off as an "experiment" and as a live experience, no more, no less.

In conclusion: "Thai Rak Thai" and the major reason why Thais get involved with Farangs has three reasons:

a) money

cool.png money

c) money

Live and learn. Cheers.

I must be the only one.

I decided to live in the sticks all by myself with no Thai-Wife or GF nor having aqired a "mia-noi" in the meantime. Duration 1 1/2 years now.

Result: According to Thai-Logic therefore: I do not contribute to the financial well-beeing to any "Thai-Family", I just sit here and mind my own business. For the time beeing, I am tolerated at best, but voices are getting louder that the presence of a farang should be linked to "how much have we to gain by having the farang among us". Monetary-wise, that is.

In a nutshell: A farang that does not appear as an financial resource to the village (with or without Thai-Wife/GF) will soon be regarded as an "asset with no value".

So I will abandon my live in the sticks soon for obvious reasons. I will mark it off as an "experiment" and as a live experience, no more, no less.

In conclusion: "Thai Rak Thai" and the major reason why Thais get involved with Farangs has three reasons:

a) money

cool.png money

c) money

Live and learn. Cheers.

I strongly disagree!

Maybe your problem and source of unpopularity is something else?

Your attitude?

I have lived in a small Issan village for about two years now.

There have been times when I was having extreem financial difficulty.

In fact my Thai wife was our only source of income for quite some time.

All in the village were aware that I had no finances to share.

I was never treated poorly and was always made to feel like a welcome member of the village.

Money is important to some.

Love and respect are important to others.

Maybe you need to give your situation a little more thought??

Edited by willyumiii
  • Like 1

hats off to the guy ripping of the credit card companies,,oh ye of little memory,i do believe it was the financial city boys who almost singlehandidly destroyed the western economies well done to the little man in the street,,

Exactly my thoughts.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

cheers longstebe,apparently rich people can keep shafting us,,,,another big bonus coming our way lloyds tsb boscotland northern rock off topic im sorry ,but people sure do have short memories ,or demencia