What To Do / Where To Stay In Nakhon Si Thammarat.

BKKdreaming

Hi

I was thinking of flying down to Nakhon Si Thammarat. in early July for a few days with my Thai GF and her sister , Flights seem to be pretty cheap from BKK , and its seems less of a tourist place.

I saw this youtube video by the Tourist board

I was thinking of going to the beach for a morning or 2 , going to the big Temple and also the waterfalls

Any place else worth going go ? And are Taxis pretty cheap or local buses if they go down to the beach or waterfalls ?

And where to stay for 1000-2000 a night , hopefully with a pool and AirCo in the room ?

And what is the chance of a rain out ? I am not worried about an hour or 2 of rain but would hate to go that far and just site around inside all day....

thanks for your ideas

I

This is a good video also:

There are some places to stay on this beach. Just do a google search. I'm hoping to get down that way in the next month or so.

As for weather, I think you'll be OK, but it is getting towards the monsoon season. So expect some rain and days with no sun.

Thanks for the video , I probably do not want to stay at the beach because of all the inserts etc , but would like to visit during the day, is that the best local beach ?

What insects? You're going to get mozzies no matter where you are. Sand flies are not on every beach. I can ask my friend who stays there a lot if you want. I don't know where he stays, but says it's on the beach. He works in Nakhon Si Thammarat off and on.

Thanks for the video , I probably do not want to stay at the beach because of all the inserts etc , but would like to visit during the day, is that the best local beach ?

What insects? You're going to get mozzies no matter where you are. Sand flies are not on every beach. I can ask my friend who stays there a lot if you want. I don't know where he stays, but says it's on the beach. He works in Nakhon Si Thammarat off and on.

I just thought there would be lots of flies and other flying insects because of all the stuff that washes up on the beach ,

But if you could ask your friend that would be great

thanks

Khanom is a very lovely beach close to Nakhon Sri Thammarat, looks like Thai beaches used to look. Beachfront land simply occupied by local families living there. You might also check our nearby Sichon, which is a beach resort with mainly Thai visitors.

Khanom is a very lovely beach close to Nakhon Sri Thammarat, looks like Thai beaches used to look. Beachfront land simply occupied by local families living there. You might also check our nearby Sichon, which is a beach resort with mainly Thai visitors.

We spent a few days on Khanum about 3 years ago. Quiet village, but nice. Very nice beach. No insects that I can remember...other than the standard mozzies which are everywhere!

My least favorite province. Really greasy people.

Why not Phangan? Haad Kom.

what do you mean greasy people , am I going to notice anything odd in a few days visit ?

I almost removed that post. The people there are great. No different than anywhere else in Thailand or the rest of the world. Some good, some bad.

You'll have a great time. Enjoy!!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

My least favorite province. Really greasy people.

Why not Phangan? Haad Kom.

what do you mean greasy people , am I going to notice anything odd in a few days visit ?

I like the NSTs.....just they speak a bit loud and strange laugh.png

There should be a temple with monkeys, which is nice to watch as the monkeys show a lot similarities to people.

For example they expect that you have some food in your open bag. So they try to walk by in a way that looks like a coincident, but of course it is visible what they are planing.....Or they are teasing each other like children.....

I could watch them for hours.....

When going back my wife told she wasn't sure which one of these were me crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif Don't know what that meant.....

Than there are many swiftlet farms....with some luck you can visit one. It is very interesting. Also when you drive around watch out for speakers with bird sound and fly in holes in houses....interesting thing.

Food.....local food (pork, beef, chicken, seafood) in NST is super good.....and super spicy.....Might be one of the most spicy areas in Thailand.

There are curries that don't be too spicy for the first 2 minutes, but than the burn doesn't fade away for a long time (ice cold beer helps as long as you don't stop drinking).