True Visions - New Channels Lineup

Mekong Bob

Apart from folk desperate to watch LIVE sports at home, who, with broadband, really needs pay-tv in Thailand?

Please explain sir. HBO would normaly wait a few days or even a week to re-run a movie. Now it is shown 4 out of 7 days and one day after the other. Brazen b____.

use the "favourites" optiion to highlight (gold star) your favourites and then using the "genre" function instead of displaying "all channels" change it to favourites and you will see only the channels you have selected as favourite ................... easy, peasy, lemon, squeezy !

still don't get it - how do I 'bunch' Eng stuff n one place???

use the "favourites" optiion to highlight (gold star) your favourites and then using the "genre" function instead of displaying "all channels" change it to favourites and you will see only the channels you have selected as favourite ................... easy, peasy, lemon, squeezy !

You can't, but you can 'remove' all the channels you don't watch, by doing the above. Unfortunately it requires twenty minutes of button pressing every time you want to change the channel, so isn't worth bothering with.

Apart from folk desperate to watch LIVE sports at home, who, with broadband, really needs pay-tv in Thailand?

i have often wondered this. giving up true pays for a very decent internet connection. with 30 mbps and a seedbox hosted in europe, i can generally be watching anything i want in the time it takes to make a big bowl of popcorn, in HD with surround sound.

i never looked back

i have often wondered this. giving up true pays for a very decent internet connection. with 30 mbps and a seedbox hosted in europe, i can generally be watching anything i want in the time it takes to make a big bowl of popcorn, in HD with surround sound.

i never looked back

I look forward to never looking back but to me a seedbox is for propogating flowers and vegetables. Where do I go to acquire the necessary equipment and advice to watch TV via broadband?

You can't, but you can 'remove' all the channels you don't watch, by doing the above. Unfortunately it requires twenty minutes of button pressing every time you want to change the channel, so isn't worth bothering with.

so there is no way of (on start up) having your fav channels in a list? still have to have Chinese news inbetween BBC and CNN for example

so there is no way of (on start up) having your fav channels in a list? still have to have Chinese news inbetween BBC and CNN for example

Not on startup, no. You can view a list of only your favourites but it requires four or five button presses each time you change channel...

• 11 months later...

May 10th and we are still awaiting the True, May, programme schedule.In the last 6 months there hasn't been one single month where its arrived by the 1st of the month .incredibly efficient company

Hi all.

Very new to all this True Vision stuff.. so please excuse the dumb questions.

About the monthly program. I'm staying with Thai friends with True Vision Gold. They aren't familiar with monthly program. How do I apply for ? I assume it's in farang speak, read ?

Thanks..... Mal.

we recently switched to true from 3BB (after at least 9 years and since before they were called something else) after a horrible customer support experience with 3BB (of which i posted a thread about a couple of months ago). we couldn't be happier! the connection is much, much faster than 3BB and in two months now haven't had a single problem. there have been a couple of bottlenecks around the dinner hour but that is normal as everyone is on-line around that time. they even threw in cable TV in the package and the picture is crystal clear. but the channel line-up is aimed at the Thai audience only so we don't even use it. we still prefer WETV for watching television.

May 10th and we are still awaiting the True, May, programme schedule.In the last 6 months there hasn't been one single month where its arrived by the 1st of the month .incredibly efficient company

Hi all.

Very new to all this True Vision stuff.. so please excuse the dumb questions.

About the monthly program. I'm staying with Thai friends with True Vision Gold. They aren't familiar with monthly program. How do I apply for ? I assume it's in farang speak, read ?

Thanks..... Mal.

go to True in Kad Suan Kaew bottom floor or Siam TV along with your passport and a credit card. pick the plan you want and sign-up. ask for what promotions they have and act like you are only shopping at the moment. they will sweeten the deal by the minute. we held out for a week thinking about it and ended up with 4 months free, the cable TV package, 4 movie channels free, and 796 free minutes on their mobile network. they came all the way out to our house in Sansai twice to pick up documents and sent a little lovely over in a tight skirt and tight shirt to seal the deal. great service! i am assuming you want Internet package as well which is why i mention this. note that the gold package is fairly high - about 1600 a month as i recall.

I was offered a satellite dish for ฿6000.- a month ago, I may go for it. I don't yet know which channels I will mactually be able to see, presumably English stuff form Hong Kong / Australia. Must be better than paying ฿2000.- a month for what is pretty mediocre anyway.

nope not on the new boxes - old ones yes

still can't see it - i was told it cannot be done on the new style boxes - a year ago before they changed yes I could do that

I find it fascinating that despite weeks of almost non stop information across all channels there are so many who did not understand what was going to happen between 1am and 10 am as clearly stated. For example the grouping of channels by content, so that BBC, CNN et all are in the news group, and the sports channels are in another group etc etc. Not difficult to grasp to my mind but obviously so for others. The resetting of my favourites into their bloc took me twenty minutes at most so there was little inconvenience there. And the deletion of duplicate channels in favour of HD equivalents was a good way of freeing up space for future new additions without any inconvenience for those with older sets.

My dealings with True service staff on the phone and in person have been of a much higher standard in the last two years. So I for one have no patience with those who did not observe and assimilate the clear information put out by True Visions. They have only themselves to blame.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

I find it fascinating that despite weeks of almost non stop information across all channels there are so many who did not understand what was going to happen between 1am and 10 am as clearly stated. For example the grouping of channels by content, so that BBC, CNN et all are in the news group, and the sports channels are in another group etc etc. Not difficult to grasp to my mind but obviously so for others. The resetting of my favourites into their bloc took me twenty minutes at most so there was little inconvenience there. And the deletion of duplicate channels in favour of HD equivalents was a good way of freeing up space for future new additions without any inconvenience for those with older sets.

My dealings with True service staff on the phone and in person have been of a much higher standard in the last two years. So I for one have no patience with those who did not observe and assimilate the clear information put out by True Visions. They have only themselves to blame.

I cannot agree more with you. The announcement is running on all channels constantly to the point that I get headache. The new channel line-up list is everywhere whether it's online, or even printed on the True magazine and even on Bangkok Post and all other Thai newspapers.

And the argument about grouping all English channels together is probably one of the hugest nonsense I've heard. Their target audience is Thai customers which consume both English and Thai contents. It makes more business sense to group channels based on category by default as many of the users have no clue how to manually recatagorize channels by themselves.

• Like 1

I cannot agree more with you. The announcement is running on all channels constantly to the point that I get headache. The new channel line-up list is everywhere whether it's online, or even printed on the True magazine and even on Bangkok Post and all other Thai newspapers.

And the argument about grouping all English channels together is probably one of the hugest nonsense I've heard. Their target audience is Thai customers which consume both English and Thai contents. It makes more business sense to group channels based on category by default as many of the users have no clue how to manually recatagorize channels by themselves.

And, you know, some of us who primarily watch the English-language channels do like to watch the Thai ones from time-to-time, too!

still can't see it - i was told it cannot be done on the new style boxes - a year ago before they changed yes I could do that

I just got the new box (ot they told me its the new model box) and its working same normal.. I can save favorites and everything as usual..

So either your all idiots, or i have been scammed by the truevision idiots.. hmm.. Most likely scammed,, That bastard kept the new box for himself and gave me some old crap model.. haha

How does the new model looks like.. Mine look like.. black color, big round botton in the middle in front with lights around it.. Bigger than the old model i had..

Hawkeye you got the new HD box so be happy that you are at the forefront of TrueVision technology.

There are some poor individuals who just have not kept up to date and are suffering problems, and there are those who just have to find fault and moan. And then there are those who do not want to be happy at any cost and don't have the wits to use the website and numerous other contacts that True continue to screen repeatedly to access help. It takes all kinds to make a world.

"and there are those who just have to find fault and moan"

I hate loath and detest True Visions for all these repeated Changes of Channels.

At my age I just get settled down with the latest renumbering and then away they go again.

It's no use going to the local office for they have only nice young ladies who I will suggest know less than I do.

john

• Like 1