Like Zombies

muythai2013

Thais have nothing on rural/provincial Chinese for staring. Or queue-jumping. wink.png

Or India - I remember arriving in Bombay and eating in my first restaurant. As I was eating a bowl of porridge for breakfast about 30 locals were staring at me for the whole meal. There was no looking away when I looked at them. DIFFERENT culture!!!!

Come to think of it, exactly the same thing happened to me in a country diner in the backroads of Tennessee in the 80's. I even thought I heard someone say I had a pretty mouth. giggle.gif

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thais have nothing on rural/provincial Chinese for staring. Or queue-jumping. wink.png

Or India - I remember arriving in Bombay and eating in my first restaurant. As I was eating a bowl of porridge for breakfast about 30 locals were staring at me for the whole meal. There was no looking away when I looked at them. DIFFERENT culture!!!!

Come to think of it, exactly the same thing happened to me in a country diner in the backroads of Tennessee in the 80's. I even thought I heard someone say I had a pretty mouth. giggle.gif

You better be a woman... blink.png

You better be a woman... blink.png

Nope. But I was armed!

• Like 1

Did you squeal like a piggy too?

Agree with OP

The zombie like stare is everywhere here (wow it rhymed).

Hate it when it happens.

I try to stare back intensely, and most of the times they look away.

I will next time try another approach.

If they don't look away, I will slowly, very slowly lift my arm up, until it is straight forward, pointing with one finger straight at that person, and of course with a zombie like look myself.

Agree with OP

Hate it when it happens.

If they don't look away, I will slowly, very slowly lift my arm up, until it is straight forward, pointing with one finger straight at that person, and of course with a zombie like look myself.

I love this.

Agree with OP

Hate it when it happens.

I love this.

And for the more daring ones:

If that doesn't work, then say "pull this finger".