Travel Insurance. Suggestions?

rhino533

My wife, son and I are going on holidays to Canada for 47days. I'm just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for Insurance Companies that have good Travel Insurance. I usually use Blupa and want to know about other companies available in Thailand. Are they as good as Blupa? Pricing ok? etc. Thanks for any comments!!smile.png

I just booked with this compay http://www.columbusdirect.com/int/

I have used worldnomads.com a few times. Never had to make a claim, so can't comment on that. I chose Columbus this time because they had a group rate. If you do a search, you should be able to find a discount code. I think that was about 2%. The end cost on both sites were within a few dollars for about the same coverage. Both offer add-ons.

WE HAVE WORLDWIDE MULTI TRIP TRAVEL INSURANCE WITH COLUMBUS

WEHAVE USED THIS COMPANY FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS, WE USE OUR THAI ADDRESS

PRICES ARE OKAY

Please don't post in caps in the future, it's bad netiquate and against forum rules.

I've used AIG Travel Guard for about ten years:

http://www.aig.com/st-international_2112_341417.html

They can insure your trips either on a trip-by-trip basis, or on an annual basis - up to the age of 85. They have four different plans from which to choose, all of which offer good coverage for a very reasonable price. For example, I just got back from a 35-day trip to India, and my coverage for the entire trip cost only 758 baht.

I had to make a claim once about five years ago when I got sick in Africa. They reimbursed me promptly and professionally. (I had to submit copies of the departure and arrival stamps from my passport, as well as the bill from the hospital. They converted the bill at the exchange rate on the day of my visit, which they found using the website OANDA.) In short, then did everything just as I would have.

I wouldn't take a trip abroad without them.

• Like 1

Just a thought. We buy all ticketd with Mastercard - platinum. The coverage this goves is actually pretty good - by Zurich. We also rent cars with the card as well and this has often given better cover than the insurance offered as an "add on". Worth checking out at least.

WE HAVE WORLDWIDE MULTI TRIP TRAVEL INSURANCE WITH COLUMBUS

WEHAVE USED THIS COMPANY FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS, WE USE OUR THAI ADDRESS

PRICES ARE OKAY

please don`t shout if you use small font we can hear you just finesmile.png