Marriage Requirements In Thailand

marsbloke

Hi Mars,

From my recollection. If Thai, she/he will need Tabien Baan and Thai ID. Farang will need, passport and original birth certificate. If applicable, you both need original divorce certificates.

Can anybody else remember what was required?

MrBoJ

The one and only requirement - except for proper paperworks - is that you are unmarried.

As for the paperwork, your first step will be to check with your embassy (or your own secret countrymen) what your embassy requires for providing you with the proper piece of paper, you'll have to take to a (by me forgotten) office under the foreign ministry in Bangkok.

Once you have the piece of paper issued and certified by the mentioned office, you just take that + your passport + yourself + your coming wife + her id and houseregistration + a few bahts and go to any amphur in the kingdom.

Thats about it

If you are from the UK here's the exact process;

http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/F...d=1068717516870

Here's the basic steps;

1, Take freedom to Marry certificate to British Embassy for affirmation. Sign it. Pay fee 2450 THB.

2, Return next day to collect it.

3, Have it translated into Thai.

4, Have the affirmation authenticated and translation certified at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Fee 800 THB per document same day service.

5, Take to the registrar / Amphur along with your passport and your partners ID card and Tabian Baan book.

Simple eh?

Rj

... and if you are Danish, the embassy requires an 'aegtskabsattest' from your local 'raadhus' and your 'daabsattest' and either your last paycheck or your last 'aarsopgoerelse', and the name and adress of two Danish persons who, know you, but are not close family.

I guess, you won't get much wiser unless you tell your secret countrymen, who they are.

The one and only requirement - except for proper paperworks - is that you are unmarried.

As for the paperwork, your first step will be to check with your embassy (or your own secret countrymen) what your embassy requires for providing you with the proper piece of paper, you'll have to take to a (by me forgotten) office under the foreign ministry in Bangkok.

Once you have the piece of paper issued and certified by the mentioned office, you just take that + your passport + yourself + your coming wife + her id and houseregistration + a few bahts and go to any amphur in the kingdom.

Thats about it

However, A. Muang, Surin likes to make a problem and doesn't believe the foreign ministry paperwork, so my son and wife married in Khet Bangrak, Bangkok. No problem.

Thanks. Well, aside from the fact that I'm not sure what a tabien baan is, the only thing I'm wondering about now is how do I get a copy of my divorce certificate? I lost it a long time ago. (Actually don't even remember ever receiving it!) Will they just take my word for it? I've lost touch with the ex and wouldn't want to try to contact her.

Edited by marsbloke

At the UK Embassy you just have to produce an affirmation to marry. This is notarized by the Embassy.

Take it in the afternoon and collect it next morning. I doubt they don’t have time to check on divorce stuff.

Easy peasy!!!

Attached blank form, don’t worry about job and income, put something reasonable, nobody checks.

Good luck

Affirmation_Blank.doc