How To Get A 30 Day Extension On A Tourist Visa

I was looking for a step by step instruction on getting a 30 day extension on my travel visa. I did a search in TV but could not find it. I googled and found my answer. But i thought it should be available thru TV also.

Can someone link the form needed so this can be a more complete thread?

((removed full page quote from another web site with specific information for one time/place and mis-information - if you wish to provide information please do so from your experience and say when/where as there will be slight differences)) The form needed for any extension of stay is TM.7 and Google will easily find.

Edited by lopburi3

If you have a tourist visa issued at a Thai embassy or consulate you can get a 30 day extension of your 60 day entry.

There is not step by step process because it is so easy.

Just go to immigration one or two weeks before your permit to stay runs out. Extension is added to your current permit to stay so you loose nothing.

Fill out a Extension of Temporary Stay in The Kingdom Application Form (TM. 7) (print two sided) and attach required photo.

Make copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry/permit to stay stamp, Copy TM6 departure card.

Take all of the above to immigration and you will get your extension.

Does the same procedure apply to Visa on Arrival at a Thai Airport ? Does someone holding a 30 day visa receive a 30 day extension or a 60 day extension ? If the former, is a further 30 days possible, for a total of 90 days ? And, the cost please ?

Only a tourist visa obtained at a Consulate is allowed a 30 day extension from immigration. What you get on entry for 30 days is a visa exempt stamp and that can not be extended (although you can get 7 days extra to leave with application for extension that is not approved).

Only if you are from a country that cannot get the extension. If you are from a western country you should have no problem.

Alright, thanks. Don't like being on this tourist VISA, and really need to get my stuff straightened out, and onto a proper B VISA. After being here for 4 years, I think it's pretty obvious I'm not a tourist, so always feel like I'm doing something wrong, which technically, I am. Working on getting 'er solved though!