Consumer Protection Board Of Thailand

Hi,

I am not 100% sure if this the right section but here goes.

I am looking for people who have had experience dealing with consumer issues and who have gone to the consumer protection board for resolution.

Please, while I respect the opinions of all, I really want to hear real experiences and not what people might perceive the experience to be.

Thanks

Yes I can tell you I dealt with them in Bangkok and it was a positive experience. When you fill out the form explaining your complaint, give them as much information as possible. They are not fast, but they do achieve a result. And one thing I have noticed is that shopkeepers and business proprietors seem, quite scared of them.

By all means, go for it and it's not a waste of time! Good luck!

Worked fine for me but some hoops to jump through, first we had to file a report with the police office local to the offender, then file the complaint with the OCPB (In Bangkok at the new govt complex on Changwattana Road).

They investigated a couple of months and called us in again to Changwattana where there was a hearing with the offender present. A re-payment schedule was agreed and monies have been re-paid. However you can insist on a prosecution but you'll have more hoops to jump through to stay on course. If you are here on short stay I don't think they can help much.

Never had to use them but have threatened a couple of places with them and both places payed upnstraight away, one was for a car we had bought 7 months earlier and upon taking into toyota they informed us the the clocks had been wound back so the kilometer reading was well wrong once i mentioned ocpb the car dealer took the car back and gave us most of our money back.

As another member mentioned the shops and traders dont want the ocpb coming down and investigating there whole bussiness practice and they do tend to back down when confronted with them

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have had several good experiences with them, where the other party ignored me and my claims completely, but once the OCPB was involved it took them one or at the maximum a few phone calls to have all the cases resolved to satisfaction.

A few other companies I had issues with in the past, it was enough to mention the name of the OCPB to have thing accelerated.

The majority of companies I had issues resolved were not the mom and pop shops but major companies.

I assume the OP is in Pattaya, so visit Pattaya City hall on the first floor right side, and ask for Mr Thammanoon, he's the one in charge.

Once you have issued your complaint it may not be a bad idea to follow up closely, but you will notice that Mr Thammanoon is a fellow you can work with.

I have had several good experiences with them, where the other party ignored me and my claims completely, but once the OCPB was involved it took them one or at the maximum a few phone calls to have all the cases resolved to satisfaction.

A few other companies I had issues with in the past, it was enough to mention the name of the OCPB to have thing accelerated.

The majority of companies I had issues resolved were not the mom and pop shops but major companies.

I assume the OP is in Pattaya, so visit Pattaya City hall on the first floor right side, and ask for Mr Thammanoon, he's the one in charge.

Once you have issued your complaint it may not be a bad idea to follow up closely, but you will notice that Mr Thammanoon is a fellow you can work with.

" it was enough to mention the name of the OCPB to have thing accelerated. "

I agree !!!

Hi All,

Thank you all so much for the replies. I am pleasantly surprised at the quality of the replies.

My beef is with Mitsubishi Motors and Mitsubishi Pattaya and ended last night with a 1 hour discussion in the service department of Mitsubishi Srinakarin in Bangkok.

I think I now have conclusion except 1 issue that might crop up.

Thank you all once again for you time replying and the information shared.