My Thai Girlfriend Just Told Me Her Father Is A Policeman....

davidst01

A girl from Chiang Rai that I have been dating this year
told me last night that her father is a policeman. Actually we were looking
through her facebook photos and I pointed at the serious looking guy in uniform
and was surprised when she told me. She then went to her wallet and showed me
his business card. It was all in thai and I could not understand the narrative.

I did not think to ask about her parents occupations before as it did not really interest me. My
question is…. Its it a concern for me if our relationship goes pear shaped? I would like to

find out what rank he is and need to know what the ranking system is in the policeforce...

Its duly noted that I am her fathers age and that my lady friend is half my age. She is obviously
above the legal 20 yrs of age and thus no issue there. I asked her if her
father might have problem with me due to my age and she said no.

She is 100% not a bar girl and is very sweet and not to mention a stunner. I am an extremely lucky
guy but obviously do not want to end up in trouble. If you have any prior
experience with this situation and can offer your opinion it would be much
appreciated.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fatherof my gf is a colonel and her uncle(mother's older brother is a general) and beleive, is very helpful, in my opinion u hav notin to worry about and if u wanna noa the ranking of her papa, just ask herthumbsup.gif

Are your intentions 'honorable' as they used to say?

Did she have b/f before you?

Are her intentions serious (with marriage in mind)?

What is your status here?

All of the above questions may be important in your near future.

Peace in the family (meaning her parents) is always a valuable thing.

A happy father-in-law is an asset. An angry father-in-law is a pain.

Any policemen in any country can make you very unhappy.

Do you smoke? Do you drink? Do you go to night spots? Are you a 'user'?

Be careful. Cannot give any more specific advice. It all depends... if she is dear to him enough.biggrin.png

Edited by ABCer

You should be exactly as concerned, and take the appropriate steps as you would, if you found out they were foot soldiers for drug gangs or mafia back home.

Unless you're prepared to marry, cherish and honor her like a princess for the rest of your life, I personally would find ways to make her take the initiative to break up with you, but of course in subtle ways that she couldn't really put a finger on much less publicly complain about.

• Like 2

If your intentions are honorable than it may work in your advantage, Thai society does not frown on a large age gap as long as its not too large. Not too long ago many Thai marriages had a separation of 15-20 years.

If you are just looking to get your little friend wet a few times then I would look for the exits as quickly as possible.

The fatherof my gf is a colonel and her uncle(mother's older brother is a general) and beleive, is very helpful, in my opinion u hav notin to worry about and if u wanna noa the ranking of her papa, just ask herthumbsup.gif

Is that what she told you? And you believed her? Oh dear!

• Like 1

No problem what so ever if you don't do anything to maliciously hurt his daughter thumbsup.gif

Ex's father is in a position where he could easily make my life hell. But instead every time I see him I get a warm welcome.

Though I have a spoiled Thai friend who's father is very high up in the chain, she feels spurned and is having him begin to cause trouble for her ex.

The door can swing either way.

I once knew a Thai girl who's father was a high on the ladder police officer, and her German boyfriend who came over every other month, loved to shag another girl I knew.

Then sometime later she told me that the German often called her to ask if she please could remove him from the blacklist to enter Thailand smile.png

• Like 2

I once knew a Thai girl who's father was a high on the ladder police officer, and her German boyfriend who came over every other month, loved to shag another girl I knew.

Then sometime later she told me that the German often called her to ask if she please could remove him from the blacklist to enter Thailand smile.png

did she tell you in bed or in the morning over breakfast?thumbsup.gif

did she tell you in bed or in the morning over breakfast?thumbsup.gif

She wasn't that attractive, hence the fact her boyfriend had some other needs, but I've never seen him again.

some things i could never understand.

OP is dating a girl, but never bothered to ask about the parents?

He states, he never bothered to ask as it was no interest to him, and he calls it dating?rolleyes.gif

Facebook was of interest, but her family not. I guess thats true love right therethumbsup.gif

Should OP be worried? i would say so, considering he does not seem to know much about the girl at all

Well, he's dating her - not betrothed to her - so not necessarily at the "true love" stage yet. He's probably just getting to know her.

I do wonder why people (such as the OP) feel the need to establish "She is 100% not a bar girl" early on in their posts. Seems to me that they're a little bit insecure about dating a Thai woman.

"Hi guys. I'm dating this great girl. She's gorgeous, funny and intelligent and we're getting serious. I met her in London, but she's not a prostitute"

• Like 1

He states, he never bothered to ask as it was no interest to him, and he calls it dating?rolleyes.gif

Facebook was of interest, but her family not. I guess thats true love right therethumbsup.gif

Should OP be worried? i would say so, considering he does not seem to know much about the girl at all

Well, he's dating her - not betrothed to her - so not necessarily at the "true love" stage yet. He's probably just getting to know her.

I do wonder why people (such as the OP) feel the need to establish "She is 100% not a bar girl" early on in their posts. Seems to me that they're a little bit insecure about dating a Thai woman.

"Hi guys. I'm dating this great girl. She's gorgeous, funny and intelligent and we're getting serious. I met her in London, but she's not a prostitute"

very true, though when i date someone, getting to know her, does include knowing who and what her family is

• Like 1

Come on, if you met her in London you should know better.

"serious looking guy in uniform": sorry don't put serious guy and uniform in same sentence in Thailand

" I am her fathers age and that my lady friend is half my age": This is called playing with fire unless you buy your affection

"not a bar girl": bar girl are not the worst, at least they are more straight than freelancers or disco girls.

This story is so deja vu, anyway hope you'll be happy and would love to hear about it in 6 months.

• Like 1

I LOVE THIS THREAD ! SOME POSTS MAKE ME ROLL AROUND THE FLOOR LAUGHING !

Isn't there a more dramatic situation than the OP's "oops I just found out my GF's daddy is a police officer" ??

Now automatically comes up next question "are my feelings to her true or not?" , as many posters have noted.

To anyone who at the stake of these two questions can smell the poo rising in the pants, my advice is get out as fast as can.

But if your intentions are pure, right, true and sophisticated, I would face meeting Daddy on an equal level.

• Like 1

My son is a policeman in Chiang Mai.

I told him about your concerns. My boy said, that if you, davidst01, do anything dishonorable to his chief of police lovely attractive young virgin daughter, they know where to find you. So watch it. His words not mine.

• Like 1