Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Many of the scousers on here will remember the days when every other team dreaded meeting Liverpool.

Christ I was still at primary school then...a few others probably too! laugh.png

Yes, but then they outlawed the back pass.

• Like 1

Many of the scousers on here will remember the days when every other team dreaded meeting Liverpool.

Christ I was still at primary school then...a few others probably too! laugh.png

Could not agree more. 2-0 up after 20 minutes: Hansen to Grobellaar, Grobellaar to Lawrenson, Lawrenson to Hansen, Hansen to Lawrensen, Lawrensen to Grobellaar, repeat for 10 minutes.....then repeat again. Kenny Dalgeish did improve things for the better: Barnes, Beardsley et al. Not just good, but good to watch as well (for the neutrals).

Could not agree more. 2-0 up after 20 minutes: Hansen to Grobellaar, Grobellaar to Lawrenson, Lawrenson to Hansen, Hansen to Lawrensen, Lawrensen to Grobellaar, repeat for 10 minutes.....then repeat again. Kenny Dalgeish did improve things for the better: Barnes, Beardsley et al. Not just good, but good to watch as well (for the neutrals).

BTW Chiqs, George Graham says hellothumbsup.gif.......I certainly don't remember the GroBBeLaar, Hansen, Lawrenson, Souness, DalgLish, Rush et al team ever being categorised as Boring, boring....unlike a certain N. London XItongue.png

• Like 2

Nightmare. 45 mins of great footbal followed by 45 bminutes of shit (can't be bothered to disguise that). I love PC but why does he disappear from games? Skirtle completely messed up our defense, and I am starting to think Caan is not the player I thought he was. Please do not talk to me about benteke. I thought Origi, Allen, and sakho played great all through the game, and that is what we need from 11 players for 90 minutes. I understand the Lovrenn switch, I just think he was going to be sent off. My stream stuck for about 10 mins after the Allen Goal, so I was really confused about the score changing; and still am

• Like 1

Nightmare. 45 mins of great footbal followed by 45 bminutes of shit (can't be bothered to disguise that). I love PC but why does he disappear from games? Skirtle completely messed up our defense, and I am starting to think Caan is not the player I thought he was. Please do not talk to me about benteke. I thought Origi, Allen, and sakho played great all through the game, and that is what we need from 11 players for 90 minutes. I understand the Lovrenn switch, I just think he was going to be sent off. My stream stuck for about 10 mins after the Allen Goal, so I was really confused about the score changing; and still am

My "ILikeHD" went off for a few seconds - had to click the channel icon again and it came back.

Wish it hadn't.

sad.png

• Like 2

Why oh why did he not use Toure??? I hope that is the last we ever see of Martin Skrtel. Shambles, absolute shambles.

Surprised he was involved as was sent off for <21s the other day so I thought he was banned....I, (and Sakho) wish he had been!bah.gif

Edited by wilai
  • Like 2

Don't worry lads you always have the Europa Cup to fall back on!!

smile.png

Yep that cup everyone wants to avoid being in suddenly becomes big now, bit like the league cup :)

smile.png

Yep that cup everyone wants to avoid being in suddenly becomes big now, bit like the league cup smile.png

But its really not big is it. Its a waste of time, with some ludicrous distances to travel,(we had to travel 6000 miles for a thursday night fixtures!), little financial reward and devalued as a tournament by allowing a champions league drop out to enter.

Its utter crap to be honest, and if my team is so much as chasing a top four spot, let alone challenging for the league title i couldn't give a monkeys getting knocked out. Sooner the better frankly.

• Like 1

smile.png

Yep that cup everyone wants to avoid being in suddenly becomes big now, bit like the league cup smile.png

[/quote

But its really not big is it. Its a waste of time, with some ludicrous distances to travel,(we had to travel 6000 miles for a thursday night fixtures!), little financial reward and devalued as a tournament by allowing a champions league drop out to enter.

Its utter crap to be honest, and if my team is so much as chasing a top four spot, let alone challenging for the league title i couldn't give a monkeys getting knocked out. Sooner the better frankly.

That was my point mate it is a hindrance to the teams league campaign, Liverpool nearly won the league without any Thursday night cup to attend too.

We are 3 fixtures away from a Champions League birth, it will have all been worthwhile if we win it.

Plus it is Europe. I love Europe... though I must admit it clogs up a season, and you need a big quality squad

• Like 1

We are 3 fixtures away from a Champions League birth, it will have all been worthwhile if we win it.

Plus it is Europe. I love Europe... though I must admit it clogs up a season, and you need a big quality squad

You're welcome to the european glamour that surrounds a thursday night, 6000 mile journey to play a team no ones heard of infront of a crowd of 10000.

I'm pleased you got Dortmund because thats a proper european tie and one i'm looking forward to, but as for the rest of it.......

I've throughly enjoyed this seasons Europa lge, we've had one poor fixture in Uzbekistan. Or somewhere weird. which must have been a real experience and fuc it with the money the prem has were hardly gonna be slumming it. barring that we've played some great clubs Monaco anderlect, fiorentina and culminating in the dortmund game. Barring arguably the last one , we've been able to use our squad to good effect. And overall. For me, as long as you don't have to go through qualifying, the europa has matured into a decent competition.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

I've throughly enjoyed this seasons Europa lge, we've had one poor fixture in Uzbekistan. Or somewhere weird. which must have been a real experience and fuc it with the money the prem has were hardly gonna be slumming it. barring that we've played some great clubs Monaco anderlect, fiorentina and culminating in the dortmund game. Barring arguably the last one , we've been able to use our squad to good effect. And overall. For me, as long as you don't have to go through qualifying, the europa has matured into a decent competition.

i agree. and it's got a proper trophy at the end when you win it. do wish the champions league failures weren't allowed to drop into it though.

• Like 2

^ yeah as spurs are perennial competitors i must admit to being

Slightly miffed about the 'drop down', on reflection maybe more cos it reduced our chances of winning it than reducing the comps status seemed like we did all the hard work and got the good part taken away,, seemed slightly unfair.

However it is what it is and once ide accepted that, looking at the positives in playing 'champs lge' clubs in a knock out comp it does give you a very short sharp lesson on where your squad needs ti be at if your gonna be competing.at the top end on more than one front.

Good luck against dortmund don't want to be down,but in all honesty i think your gonna need it, as has been said b4 & after our game they are, no doubts by a country. Mile the best team we've played all season. They play a v similar style to us and what your manager will be aiming at. they are season maybe a couple of Seasons on from us,, And you Atm seem to be able to keep the high tempo up for ?? Maybe 30-5 mins than you drop off slightly, whether that's an age thing, the pressing style managers seem to like players in their v late teens early to mid 20s or its just a 'skill' thing. Or just a fitness thing, or maybe a conbo of all, not sure , but what i am sure of is from our game with them dortmund will soon let you know where you are at. They made life extremely difficult for us even for our few 'starters' that played against them and tbvh not many could cope.

Any way as i said b4, good luck against them, 4 me club rivalry goes out the window in Europe i always rout for English clubs no matter what.

i'm sure there is some explanation for our former manager dressing like this but i'm buggered if i know what it might be.

CelF70MWsAArABM.jpg

mid life crisis i reckon stevie. Itll pass...........or so im told!!!

That avatar is saying...not yet! ;)

• Like 1

i'm sure there is some explanation for our former manager dressing like this but i'm buggered if i know what it might be.

CelF70MWsAArABM.jpg

What my avatar? Thats my boonies run around. I love it.. Ba ding ding ding ding ding

CelF70MWsAArABM.jpg

What my avatar? Thats my boonies run around. I love it.. Ba ding ding ding ding ding

You'll soon have that souped up....VA VA wrooooom!

so no charges for chanting "murderers", "the s*n was right, you killed your own fans" and "96 wasn't enough" but if you dare chant "manchester is full of s**t" you get hit with the full weight of the law. unbefuckinglievable.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/656874/Liverpool-Fans-Old-Trafford-Manchester-United-Charged-Uefa-Chanting-Europa-League-News

• Like 1

so no charges for chanting "murderers", "the s*n was right, you killed your own fans" and "96 wasn't enough" but if you dare chant "manchester is full of s**t" you get hit with the full weight of the law. unbefuckinglievable.

[url=http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/656874/Liverpool-Fans-Old-Trafford-Manchester-United-Charged-Uefa-Chanting-Europa-League-News]http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/656874/Liverpool-Fans-Old-Trafford-Manchester

classic example of why not to read the express. Nasty minded pointless article.