Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

23 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

What a load of <deleted>, excessive force going for football??? It wasn't a tackle he wasn't lining up the goalkeeper, the goal keeper came out at hundred miles an hour and ducked his head down to head the ball. How can it be excessive when he only has eyes for the ball and is only going for the ball.

If he had eyes for the ball only he would have ran another 2 metres and chested it down. He knew the goalie was coming. That's why his foot was high. Disrespectful challenge in my view.

Some people can't see what is in front of their eyes. If it had been another team's player kicking your goalie like that you would be moaning too. If it wasn't for the fact that he was in my FF teams I'd see him out for 5 games for that <snip> kick in the face. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Some people can't see what is in front of their eyes. If it had been another team's player kicking your goalie like that you would be moaning too. If it wasn't for the fact that he was in my FF teams I'd see him out for 5 games for that <snip> kick in the face. 

1. it was accidental

2. if it had involved any player other than the goalkeeper it would have been a yellow card

3. there's still no such thing as a "disrespectful" challenge

4 minutes ago, StevieH said:

1. it was accidental

2. if it had involved any player other than the goalkeeper it would have been a yellow card

Theres no doubt in my mind it was accidental. But,  seeing to freeze frame of the moment of impact theres simply no argument i can find.  No it wasn't malicious and i'd like to see the FA show some leniency on the back of that but its still a red card, all day long.  I also understand that the "scratches" referred to by the commentators are in the game needed stiches.  

Anyway, i hope good sense is shown and the ban is lenient due to lack of intent and surely Klopp would be better focusing on how and why his midfield and defense capitulated in such a manner.

23 minutes ago, StevieH said:

1. it was accidental

I'm not saying it was intentional. BUT when you put your boot 2 metres high and you know the goalie (or any player) is there as well it strikes me that it showing lack of respect. He could have killed the goalie or caused the loss of an eye.

If you have a loaded gun and are waving it about and it goes off unintentionally and shoots someone then you shouldn't be doing it.

There are acouple of changes I would like to see to the footy laws and now I reckon there should be another. NO tackle can be can be made higher than the waist.

Edited by owl sees all
added more content

"2. if it had involved any player other than the goalkeeper it would have been a yellow card"

Some people are just persisting in avoiding the rules of the game!

Moss applied the law correctly. Examples of where the law hasn't been applied correctly in other games are irrelevant to the Mane / Ederson incident.

"What matters is that his challenge for the ball constituted serious foul play – one of the seven offences that under the laws of the game should be punished by a red card. To quote directly from the rulebook - specifically Law 12 on fouls and misconduct, under the unambiguously-titled section ‘Sending-off offences’: “A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play. A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play.” While the first sentence invites interpretation, the second does not. It is hard to argue that in attempting to play the ball at such a height, Mané did not endanger Ederson’s safety. Ederson would certainly claim as much, what with him ending the match with a sizeable bandage on his left cheek after scans at City’s nearby medical facility."

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

One thing that everyone has failed to mention is that both feet were off the ground, how many times have players been sent off for this as they are deemed to be out of control !

Alfie you are wasting your time mate, they are scouse its never their fault ever, I repeat ever.

• Like 1

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

R2D2 welcome back! Not seen on here since the 5v0. Fair play to Bob and Stevie who didn't go awol.

You mean like you went Awol a week before the game and the result surprised you as you said you did not see a win. I did not go Awol I actually said "fair play citeh" on your thread after the game. No point crying over spilt milk Bareback, our team is way ahead in the head to heads and the fashion it happened was due to the red so it's not worth getting down about. Shiiit happens. Big game tonight best to look forward than back. 

28 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Just checking on you R2D2, thought one of the Spurs fans you antagonise might have chased you away, but good to see you're still around to wind them.

I'm pleased with your enthusiasm and likewise, I too care for you and it should be noted; I have taken certain measures as per MOD advice but the difference being Bareback I will actually ignore them. It's good to see even when you put me on ignore you cannot resist. It's a lovely compliment, thanks for that bareback.

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Just checking on you R2D2, thought one of the Spurs fans you antagonise might have chased you away, but good to see you're still around to wind them.

Stick to football discussions BB and stop antagonising people. :smile:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

You'd be better off posting about the game mate, oh i forgot scousers only like talking about their team when they win, not that your a scouser of course :whistling::biggrin:

To be fair, he's a brummie half wit.  And its not often he even bothers posting on the Liverpool thread, seemingly happier to make a prize tit of himself on ours.