Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

3 minutes ago, wilai said:

Lallana injured again. Doubt if it will change their attitude towards a new signing though.

Woodburn or Ejaria may step up. Both were good yesterday (beating Derby 1-0 in PL2, Ejaria with the goal). 

Starting to wonder if Lallana is worth keeping at this rate. 

Get the young lads in, we've got nowt else. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, wilai said:

Lallana injured again. Doubt if it will change their attitude towards a new signing though.

Woodburn or Ejaria may step up. Both were good yesterday (beating Derby 1-0 in PL2, Ejaria with the goal). 

doesn't look like we're signing anyone else given what klopp said yesterday. so we've made a whopping profit this transfer window (again), weakened the squad and saved about £300k a week in wages. it's the FSG way. bunch of carpetbaggers.

ANd now Sturridge is gone...

so it’s Danny I’ve not played since Brendan Rodgers was manager Ings if Firmino gets injured.

even Spurs are doing business, every one around us is strengthening and we lost 2 of our best attackers. 

• Like 1

yeah. if you're an opponent of ours, just kick firmino. ings or solanke to replace him at this point is pretty pathetic.

i really, really like jurgen klopp and do really rate him but christ he makes you question him sometimes. there's plenty of other managers couldn't have survived the farce that is our goalkeeper situation and the crap transfer window after crap transfer window thing. 

5 minutes ago, champers said:

Time for Liverpool fans to dust off all those "Yanks Out" banners that are lying in the bottom drawer?

problem is nobody really knows what the alternative is. these lot rode a wave of goodwill simply because they weren't the leveraged buyout cowboys hicks and gillett were. but they're clearly in it solely for themselves and their asset portfolio, the club has increased greatly in value over the song that they acquired it for, and they appear to prioritise global marketing partnerships over actual success on the pitch. guess this is where football is at now, just another capitalist playground for super-rich <deleted>.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StevieH said:

you'd be amazed how many liverpool fans defend FSG to the hilt, carmine. can't see the wood for the trees. silly pricks probably voted for brexit as well.

Well if they are still drawing a comparison with Hicks and Gillett then i suppose FSG is favorable but thats hardly setting the bar very high.  

Like i said, imo if you fail to qualify in the top four blame should be laid at their doorstep.  The tweaks needed are so clearly identifiable.

39 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well if they are still drawing a comparison with Hicks and Gillett then i suppose FSG is favorable but thats hardly setting the bar very high.  

Like i said, imo if you fail to qualify in the top four blame should be laid at their doorstep.  The tweaks needed are so clearly identifiable.

If we fail to make top 4 it will be an unequivocal disaster, and there will be a revolt against the owners. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

If we fail to make top 4 it will be an unequivocal disaster, and there will be a revolt against the owners. 

Unless you win the Champions League. Prospects for last 8 look very good, then who knows?

6 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

having sold coutinho for £142m in january and weakened the squad, yeah if we do finish outside the top 4 again i reckon the pitchforks and torches will be out.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, champers said:

Unless you win the Champions League. Prospects for last 8 look very good, then who knows?

i don't think you win the champions league with either of our clownish goalkeepers between the sticks. i know we won it with djimi traore at left-back but let's be reasonable here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StevieH said:

i don't think you win the champions league with either of our clownish goalkeepers between the sticks. i know we won it with djimi traore at left-back but let's be reasonable here.

No bigger clown than Grobellaar and I don't recall Jerszy Dudek being held in very high regard.

1 minute ago, champers said:

No bigger clown than Grobellaar and I don't recall Jerszy Dudek being held in very high regard.

behave, grobbelaar was in a different universe to these pair. he was an excellent goalkeeper who had a few famous ricks, that's all, and was liverpool's keeper for 13 years when they beat all-comers. you don't do that if you're crap.

and jerzy dudek was way, way, way better than mignolet and karius. he stopped shots for one thing. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StevieH said:

doesn't look like we're signing anyone else given what klopp said yesterday. so we've made a whopping profit this transfer window (again), weakened the squad and saved about £300k a week in wages. it's the FSG way. bunch of carpetbaggers.

To be fair, you've actually spent more than you have got in in 2017/2018 :sad: and i'm not sure where you have made a whopping profit before !

^whopping profit "this window" he said. 

As a side note, in 2017/18 to date.

INCOMINGS :

Salah £36m

Robertson £8m

Oxlande £35m

Solanke £3m

VvD £70m

TOTAL: £152m

OUTGOINGS

Phil £106m

Sakho £26m

Leiva £5m

Stewart £4m

Wisdom £2m

Loans

Origi £6m

Kent £1m

Sturridge 2M

Grujic ?

TOTAL £152m

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

To be fair, you've actually spent more than you have got in in 2017/2018 :sad: and i'm not sure where you have made a whopping profit before !

We still have a few hours to sell Kane.

All is not lost yet Alfredo.

13 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

^whopping profit "this window" he said. 

As a side note, in 2017/18 to date.

INCOMINGS :

Salah £36m

Robertson £8m

Oxlande £35m

Solanke £3m

VvD £70m

TOTAL: £152m

OUTGOINGS

Phil £106m

Sakho £26m

Leiva £5m

Stewart £4m

Wisdom £2m

Loans

Origi £6m

Kent £1m

Sturridge 2M

Grujic ?

TOTAL £152m

He actually said  "whopping profit this transfer window (again)"  and i'm not even sure that you would classify 31m as a whopping profit and i certainly don't recall you making a whopping profit before !

Don't like this keeper rotation.

This transfer window is going to bite us big time... to let our most creative / best player leave this window, plus a senior striker with absolutely no incomings, just seems like a bloody big gamble to me. 

So its the mighty Huddersfield tonight, this is now looking like the biggest game in our season, Jesus what a difference a few weeks can make.

Edited by Devil
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Devil said:

This transfer window is going to bite us big time... to let our most creative / best player leave this window, plus a senior striker with absolutely no incomings, just seems like a bloody big gamble to me. 

So its the mighty Huddersfield tonight, this is now looking like the biggest game in our season, Jesus what a difference a few weeks can make.

i don't like the keeper rotation either. not only is it not a good idea in theory, in practice it's a sophie's choice of either a kick in the balls or a slightly harder kick in the balls. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Devil said:

Keeper rotation doesn't really work.  Sometimes but not often. in fairness both are average anyway.  Think where United would have been wallowing these past five seasons without the magnificent De Gea papering over the cracks?!!

And theres no gamble as such regards the window, its just plain negligence and false economy by owners that only have eyes for global revenues and what can be syphoned out.  All anyone needs to do is look at the league table and its clear to see what should have been done and what needed to be done this window.  i would very much like to see Liverpool qualify with Spurs, you play good football,  but the owners have left Klopp with it all to do if any injuries to key players occur.  They've left him relying on a high degree of luck with little on the bench to fall back on.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1