Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Loan footballer is the worst thing ever !!!! we have loaned out player's on condition that they would be bought by the club a year on the likes of C to Carson to Villa and the Aquaman and what happens they get sent back " services no longer required " Spurs under Arry were the worst for loaning players from the bigger clubs such as City. EPL should say yes you can loan out players but only to the Championship or overseas and I also believe the window should close the week before the season begins rather than a month afterI have never understood the reasoning behind it !!!!!!!!!

The window closes a couple weeks after the Premier League season begins, let's not exaggerate. It may make more sense to close it August 15 but then only if it would be in line with the other major European leagues.

- Rumour just going around yesterday is that we are actually in for as much as x4 extra signings plus x1 loan International Star...Certainly leaving it all late though.

Who would you like the 5 to be?...

I would be happy with 3... Ramirez, Allen and Sinclair

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Names... yep agree with Allen and Ramirez and possibly Sinclair would be good additions.

I couldn't say who else though because it depends on who else is not in BR plans... or who we have to sell to buy because thats how it Is looking.. If the Agger and Bellamy rumours are true then its not looking good as I have no idea how you replace that kind of quality at this stage.

Loan footballer is the worst thing ever !!!! we have loaned out player's on condition that they would be bought by the club a year on the likes of C to Carson to Villa and the Aquaman and what happens they get sent back " services no longer required " Spurs under Arry were the worst for loaning players from the bigger clubs such as City. EPL should say yes you can loan out players but only to the Championship or overseas and I also believe the window should close the week before the season begins rather than a month afterI have never understood the reasoning behind it !!!!!!!!!

Not that it really matters but can you name the players as i can only think of one or was this just a ridiculous comment 39.gif

- Rumour just going around yesterday is that we are actually in for as much as x4 extra signings plus x1 loan International Star...Certainly leaving it all late though.

we're the worst club in the world for bloody rumours. 4 signings plus a loanee? i'll believe it when i see it. especially as the gossip about the loanee was that it was kaka. usual nonsense.

i still don't remotely trust these owners and their motives.

we're the worst club in the world for bloody rumours. 4 signings plus a loanee? i'll believe it when i see it. especially as the gossip about the loanee was that it was kaka. usual nonsense.

Can you really be worse than Spurs transfer rumours!! We've had to endure the likes of Benzema supposedly joining us...he was earning 170k a week when our wage cap was 70. Absolute nonsense.

Can you really be worse than Spurs transfer rumours!! We've had to endure the likes of Benzema supposedly joining us...he was earning 170k a week when our wage cap was 70. Absolute nonsense.

at least you have had 'appy 'arry and his sky sports car window interviews to blame though! ours just appear organically from the merseyside gossip factory. started in 1999 when the fans became convinced we were signing zinedine zidane because gerard houllier was godfather to zidane's kid. we'd even bought him a big house in southport. we're terrible for it.

at least you have had 'appy 'arry and his sky sports car window interviews to blame though! ours just appear organically from the merseyside gossip factory. started in 1999 when the fans became convinced we were signing zinedine zidane because gerard houllier was godfather to zidane's kid. we'd even bought him a big house in southport. we're terrible for it.

I'm pretty such Levy had a gagging order placed in the agreement on wobbly chops' severance package and i hope we go legal on him. Everyone knows theres no love lost between those two.

I hear he's also be trapping off in a uk rag who's name i won't mention on this thread about the Modric situation.

I'm pretty such Levy had a gagging order placed in the agreement on wobbly chops' severance package and i hope we go legal on him. Everyone knows theres no love lost between those two.

I hear he's also be trapping off in a uk rag who's name i won't mention on this thread about the Modric situation.

yeah, think i saw a mention of that somewhere. he can't keep it shut, it's an affliction.

anyway, relatively good news luis suarez has signed a new deal. wages have gone from 35k a week to 100k a week which is more like it. also means we'll now get 50m euros for him instead of 35m when we sell him.

yeah, think i saw a mention of that somewhere. he can't keep it shut, it's an affliction.

anyway, relatively good news luis suarez has signed a new deal. wages have gone from 35k a week to 100k a week which is more like it. also means we'll now get 50m euros for him instead of 35m when we sell him.

Think yourselves lucky you have some strikers. Levy wants 40m for Modric and wants to pay less than 20m for a world class striker. Work that one out.

I am very surprised no ones made a move for Demba Ba is its true that he only has a 7m buy out clause. He's a decent striker that could be bought on the cheap.

Think yourselves lucky you have some strikers. Levy wants 40m for Modric and wants to pay less than 20m for a world class striker. Work that one out.

I am very surprised no ones made a move for Demba Ba is its true that he only has a 7m buy out clause. He's a decent striker that could be bought on the cheap.

yeah ba would make sense for spurs. are you still in for loic remy from marseille? he's not bad. arsenal getting giroud for 12m or whatever it was is pretty good business, he'll do well in england.

you can have andy carroll for 19.5m if you want.

I think we have to take into account how early it is in the season for us. Johnson and Gerrard are still a bit rusty and not fully fit yet. We know all of them are far better than they played. I didn't expect much but it was a bit worse than I expected. Let's see how we perform this week on Thursday. I think it should be better. It was also a difficult place to play and they squad had far to travel. Let's see how Gomel performs when they have to face Anfield. Hopefully a much different story...

Interesting to see Sterling get his longest run out yet. He showed flashes and looks a great talent and hopefully he can continue to improve.

For sure Jim, it's early days and Gomel are half way through their respective season - sharpness and fitness was always against us .

Note Sterling only got a long run out because cole went off after 25 mins if I remember rightly with a hamstring niggle.

The Europa is the best competition to give the young ones a run out so lets see what are BR priorities in all the the cups this season.

We just played a game behind closed doors against Rochdale... Agger, Johnson, Adam, Carroll all got games but I was very happy to hear that Kelly played as CB! Was always in the opinion Kelly would be very good as a CB in the Carragher mould ( who also started out as a RB in his early seasons)

Yes, rumours from the "reliable Macca" on the Liverpool Rumours site right? ha ha

Evidently he gets a lot of stuff right in the end though he certainly posts on a site with tons of BS rumours.

Even if he does truly have more access to what is actually going on compared to us average fans in the dark and we are really sorting out all those transfers, doesn't mean they will actually happen...

I'm hating these reports of Agger leaving. If it happens once again we'll be giving away one of our best players. From some rumours I hear he doesn't want to go so we'll see.

Ahh, I both hate and love the transfer window. We've really been very quiet accept getting rid of several players and only bringing in one so far it seems.

Really looks like Bellamy will leave which would be a shame. He can't play ever match but I just love seeing him in red and watching all his interviews he's really turned into quite an upstanding guy.

It really seems like Allen will come to us but while I think 10 million would be ok I think 15 million is just too much.

Speaking of Macca -

07 Aug 2012 19:14:56

Agger does not want to join City so fingers crossed that will not happen and he will stay..

Tello is a loan target..

Sahin is also a target, it will be a straight fight with Arsenal.

Demsey is on going with Adam used as a makeweight, could drag on..

Allen will sign (i personally think he will be a great player.)

Carroll has gone quiet and could possibly be subject of a last minute bid from Newcastle..

Walcott is a target..

Hope this helps...

Cheers

Macca

{Ed033's Note - confirmed as the real Macca

i like joe allen a lot and think he's got the potential to be really top class.

we've shafted ourselves with carroll by making it known so early that he's available and then not having a deal in place. we'll end up selling him for 15m or something on the final day of the transfer window.

oh and sahin would be great but i'd be surprised if he doesn't go to a club with CL football. rodgers' relationship with the gobshite mourinho might help us there if we're actually in for the lad.

Edited by StevieH

i like joe allen a lot and think he's got the potential to be really top class.

we've shafted ourselves with carroll by making it known so early that he's available and then not having a deal in place. we'll end up selling him for 15m or something on the final day of the transfer window.

oh and sahin would be great but i'd be surprised if he doesn't go to a club with CL football. rodgers' relationship with the gobshite mourinho might help us there if we're actually in for the lad.

Agree..and yes Sahin sounds too good to be true. If he could put in performances as he did for Dortmund we would have some player on our hands. Midfield of Allen,Lucas,Gerrard and Sahin !- Yes please!

Anyway shows what quality Madrid must have in their midfield to consider loaning him out though.

Great news that LS has extended his contract to stay at liverpool just hoping that the FA are going to scrap this han shaking lark before matches it is such a load of B _ _ _ _ _ _ S what other sport do you see it in. Once the game has finished yes players should shake if they want to but never been able to get my head around a player shaking b4 the game !!!!!!

yeah ba would make sense for spurs. are you still in for loic remy from marseille? he's not bad. arsenal getting giroud for 12m or whatever it was is pretty good business, he'll do well in england.

you can have andy carroll for 19.5m if you want.

I think Giroud was a very good piece of business too. Theres nothing going on with Remy it seems. He's a good player but little more. If Benzema would be happy to sacrifice the ambience of Madrid, CL and 100k per week he'd be my first choice! With our connections to Internacional Damiao should be our best prospect yet we look like we've also messed that up by making stupid offers last year when we just should have snapped him up. Ball bag face didn't rate Suarez and off he went to anfield.

The more i think about it Giroud was an absolute snip

Great news that LS has extended his contract to stay at liverpool just hoping that the FA are going to scrap this han shaking lark before matches it is such a load of B _ _ _ _ _ _ S what other sport do you see it in. Once the game has finished yes players should shake if they want to but never been able to get my head around a player shaking b4 the game !!!!!!

it's just one of the many stupid ideas put in place in football by people who don't understand football. i would genuinely like to see some players simply refuse to do it.

You actually see it in many sports when they do the toss,Tennis for starters there are many more.

You actually see it in many sports when they do the toss,Tennis for starters there are many more.

at the coin toss, correct. where the captains shake hands with one another and with the referee and linesmen as has happened in football for decades. there's no need at all for both teams to line up and shake hands with every single bloody opponent.

But its like i keep saying......we've had this "hokey cokey" mentality for far too long now.

Might it be more than coincidence, that when this policy started, early 00's, we went on a bit of a slide to where we are now?

Too many signings and outgoings season after season for my liking. Its unsettling to both players and fans, IMO

Whats wrong with giving these (overpriced?) signings of the last year or so a chance to blend with each other, and the rest of the squad?

Glad to see, though, that i'm not alone in mistrusting these American owners.

Short arms, deep pockets, and a mentality that they can run the club by remote control.

With them, its all about the money, nevermind any trophies that come along in the meantime..they're secondary to them. The cherry on the cake as it were

Just keep the merchandise sales, and sponsorship deals going, and thats all they REALLY care about, it seem.

Penkoprod

Glad to see, though, that i'm not alone in mistrusting these American owners.

Short arms, deep pockets, and a mentality that they can run the club by remote control.

With them, its all about the money, nevermind any trophies that come along in the meantime..they're secondary to them. The cherry on the cake as it were

Just keep the merchandise sales, and sponsorship deals going, and thats all they REALLY care about, it seem.

Penkoprod

that's precisely the way i feel about them. reducing the wage bill massively at present which reduces the quality of the squad enormously. yet focusing on merchandise sales and marketing / partnership deals to keep the sale value of the club high. don't think they've shown any commitment to wanting to take the club back into the champions league and challenging at the top again so far.

that's precisely the way i feel about them. reducing the wage bill massively at present which reduces the quality of the squad enormously. yet focusing on merchandise sales and marketing / partnership deals to keep the sale value of the club high. don't think they've shown any commitment to wanting to take the club back into the champions league and challenging at the top again so far.

Its a case of no commitement in ANY department

While theres been little if any stupid soundbites from them like " a spade in the ground within 60 days" or other such <deleted>.....there hasnt been a spade in the ground in nearly 2 YEARS while they faff about looking for the cheapest (notice i said cheapest???) option to what is, quite a complex issue, it has to be said. But not one so complex as to be so insurmountable 2 years after taking the reins.

You regularily see the likes of Abramovich at Chelsea games, Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan at Man City games (OK, i looked that one up lol!!!!) Even the Glasers at Manu can be seen at Old Trafford often

Where are the likes of Henry and Co? Sat counting their money Stateside !!! They were strangely quiet when the Suarez incident was raging, too

No clear off the field leadership from them at all.

Where were they for the Hillsborough memorial service? they flew back to Boston for the opening games of their season is where !!!!

They have been given a lot of slack by the fans so far, but they need to be aware of the feelings of the fans in such respects.

I hate to say or even think this, but, in some ways the previous incumbents were better in quite a few of the departments that Henry and Fenway are lacking in.

Penkoprod

So it looks like Joe Allen in for 15million.

Bellamy out for free

Agger to Man City (maybe 22 million)

Carroll Staying put

Borini in for ??????

So far I am totally underwhelmed. I'm not sure we needed Allen at the price, I'm gutted Bellamy is going (apparently his decision), If Agger goes, that's crap (Even with the cover of Coatez and Kelly), surely we don't need to strengthen teams and potentially weaken our own. Will Carroll be used? And finally, I have no idea if Borini will work.

We still need a crafty attacking midfielder, another wide man who can run at a defender (inside and out) and cross the ball to a Liverpool player. And a poacher to pick up the pieces in the box. Even with a change of style we still need more players to pierce defences, and I don't see it yet.

I think the 15 million could have been spent elsewhere, we could have tried Henderson and shelvey a bit more this year in midfield, bring Stirling into play too. Then the Money from Agger could have been whopped onto a class striker.

I have sen glimpses of how BR wants us to play, but last year I saw glimpses of a good Liverpool team too. To improve we need more attacking players with some balls

i think allen will be quite a key player for us. he's a smart playmaker and user of the ball.

some lovely stuff played last night, albeit against lesser opponents. bring on the bloody season, fed up of talking about all the other stuff now. just want to watch my team play some football.

So it looks like Joe Allen in for 15million.

Bellamy out for free

Agger to Man City (maybe 22 million)

Carroll Staying put

Borini in for ??????

So far I am totally underwhelmed. I'm not sure we needed Allen at the price, I'm gutted Bellamy is going (apparently his decision), If Agger goes, that's crap (Even with the cover of Coatez and Kelly), surely we don't need to strengthen teams and potentially weaken our own. Will Carroll be used? And finally, I have no idea if Borini will work.

We still need a crafty attacking midfielder, another wide man who can run at a defender (inside and out) and cross the ball to a Liverpool player. And a poacher to pick up the pieces in the box. Even with a change of style we still need more players to pierce defences, and I don't see it yet.

I think the 15 million could have been spent elsewhere, we could have tried Henderson and shelvey a bit more this year in midfield, bring Stirling into play too. Then the Money from Agger could have been whopped onto a class striker.

I have sen glimpses of how BR wants us to play, but last year I saw glimpses of a good Liverpool team too. To improve we need more attacking players with some balls

You are paying over the top fpr Allen but i think you are right to do so. You need his type of player in your midfield. He's the sort that can gel your midfield together. I also think Borini's a good buy. Selling Agger is totally wrong, whats all that about?

The Carroll situation also surprises me. Don't agree at all with how this has been handled. His confidence must be damaged as it seems fairly obvious he's not wanted.

43,000 at Anfield. The Europa League might get to mean something if the big league teams could keep that sort of attendance up throughout.

Yes looked to be a good attendance with voice.Helped by the fact it was our first Homes game of the new season, the Managers first game plus Borinis Home Debut. - Carra made his 701 appearance when he came on as a sub.

I really enjoyed that performance...ok it was only Gomel in a Europa qualifier but we played with confidence, passion and style which was a big surprise based on previous preseason games.

Gerrard was used behind the two strikers of Suarez and Borini (loved the movement) it was a massive factor in why our front play was so dynamic - I think Stevie is going to have a good season but we must keep him fit and we need cover. Let's hope BR uses him in this role this season (please!) Downing had a very good game and looked to take on the full back on each occasion and not just cutting inside - easy opposition though.

Suarez wow, without sounding too biased this guy is a genius on the pitch unbelievable skill and desire! He always looks so angry and frustrated when he doesn't score haha. And it was great to see Lucas back and a good 85 min run out, he looked as though he was never away.

Borini perfect Anfield debut he did what took Carroll forever to do - score...well taken goal, looked lively but snatched a few chances early on maybe nerves.

Allen was sat in the stands watching the game so I am sure he can't wait to get started with his new team mates.A midfield of Lucas, Allen and Gerrard will serve us well.

Edited by Devil

You are paying over the top fpr Allen but i think you are right to do so. You need his type of player in your midfield. He's the sort that can gel your midfield together. I also think Borini's a good buy. Selling Agger is totally wrong, whats all that about?

The Carroll situation also surprises me. Don't agree at all with how this has been handled. His confidence must be damaged as it seems fairly obvious he's not wanted.

agree, think allen will be a really good signing. we're paying top whack for him because swansea anticipated a big club coming in for him and put the clause in his contract at that price - it's good business by them.

if agger goes it's down to the owners and i'll be fuc_king livid. though agger did get a new tattoo on tuesday so perhaps he's not going after all: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/man-city-target-daniel-agger-just-got-ynwa-042157548--sow.html

agree, think allen will be a really good signing. we're paying top whack for him because swansea anticipated a big club coming in for him and put the clause in his contract at that price - it's good business by them.

if agger goes it's down to the owners and i'll be fuc_king livid. though agger did get a new tattoo on tuesday so perhaps he's not going after all: http://sports.yahoo....57548--sow.html

stevie, my scouse neighbor, good bloke but poor taste ;) , says he has it on good accord that the whole Carrol thing to west ham was a set up to source the leak inside the club. Carrol was never going anywhere but the leak was found apparently by planting the story?

stevie, my scouse neighbor, good bloke but poor taste wink.png , says he has it on good accord that the whole Carrol thing to west ham was a set up to source the leak inside the club. Carrol was never going anywhere but the leak was found apparently by planting the story?

yeah i've heard that rumour too james, don't know if it's true or not though. the leak is probably carragher, the massive gobshite. but carroll's definitely for sale if someone stumps up enough.

stevie, my scouse neighbor, good bloke but poor taste wink.png , says he has it on good accord that the whole Carrol thing to west ham was a set up to source the leak inside the club. Carrol was never going anywhere but the leak was found apparently by planting the story?

yeah i've heard that rumour too james, don't know if it's true or not though. the leak is probably carragher, the massive gobshite. but carroll's definitely for sale if someone stumps up enough.

Carra the source? thought it was in the comms department. 22 million for Agger is worth it IMO although I realize you are a little short of cover at the back. Allen for 15 million? Hmm a bit over the top IMO. I see it happening but for 10 million++.