Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Oh dear...

At least its only City next !

Confident you will beat them, will be one of the few times i want you to win, or maybe you will roll over like you did against Chelsea a few seasons ago.wink.png

One hammering does not a season make, and I wouldn't write them off - just yet. Last season they performed better against superior opposition - Everton, Man U, etc.

Apparently Rodgers gave the owners a 180 page document about what he plans to do. I'm guessing he won't have the words "panic" or "get relegated" in there. But there's plenty of time for a rewrite, especially if Suarez continues to be so wasteful.

Apparently Rodgers gave the owners a 180 page document about what he plans to do. I'm guessing he won't have the words "panic" or "get relegated" in there. But there's plenty of time for a rewrite, especially if Suarez continues to be so wasteful.

Suarez was easily the best player on the pitch for the first 30 minutes and it was only after frustration started getting the better of him and the team that things started to slide. Yes he missed a few but he also created an awful lot.

For the game itself, think it swung on that penalty decision. Not so much the awarding of the penalty, but the going down to 10 men. West Brom did a fantastic job of making the one man advantage count, and a number of their players really stood up and showed us what they are capable of. Looked very impressive.

Most worrying thing for Liverpool i thought was Gerrard. Usually the one to hold things together when things around him are falling apart, in this game it was him who fell apart first. Some woeful passing. Head down. Strange....

Still, early days...

Suarez was easily the best player on the pitch for the first 30 minutes and it was only after frustration started getting the better of him and the team that things started to slide. Yes he missed a few but he also created an awful lot.

For the game itself, think it swung on that penalty decision. Not so much the awarding of the penalty, but the going down to 10 men. West Brom did a fantastic job of making the one man advantage count, and a number of their players really stood up and showed us what they are capable of. Looked very impressive.

Most worrying thing for Liverpool i thought was Gerrard. Usually the one to hold things together when things around him are falling apart, in this game it was him who fell apart first. Some woeful passing. Head down. Strange....

Still, early days...

Gerrard looked like a pissed off teenager who has been told by the school team coach he isn't allowed to play the way he wants.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Oh dear...

At least its only City next !

Don't forget about Hearts away!

I think Suarez had about 7 chances to score.

Well, not much to be said, let the other fans have a laugh at us and everyone knows what a disaster that was and how it all went downhill after the penalty...

I thought we were the better team in the first half, a truely great sot sunk us. The agger penalty was borderline (i.e. was contact initioated in the box) but I can accept it, a red card..... yes. Never in a million years was Skirtle's penalty a penalty. Ok so long (I dont mean Ta ra) took the ball, but did Skirtle "up end" him? I have looked at the vid for this over and over (as I have Agger's) Skirtle is not even looking at Long. Phil Dowd should be ashamed of himself, he was in the perfect position to sdee that Skirtle was trying to pass the ball and it was taken off his foot by long. Anyway no excuses we did not play as I thought we would. I had to keep checking that Borini was on the pitch, Gerrard really needs to up his game, Allen was caught to often for my liking, I thought we could look forward to Gerrard Suarez and Borini playing through the defense, instead it was back to last season with Suarez the main man (unfortunately mising too much, should have had 2 goals) and gerrard sitting back again. i love the guy but if he's not gonna support the attack then what is he going to do? those surging runs look a thing of the past. I also think Agger or Lucas should be captain, let Gerrard concentrate on playing. To be honest I have never rated him as a captain, he doesn't talk to the players enough. Never mind it's only city next week. Funnily enough I though WB would be a dangerous game for us, I think we'll beat City. god how i hope Dowd isn't the ref, he is way too erratic in games.

I thought we were the better team in the first half, a truely great sot sunk us. The agger penalty was borderline (i.e. was contact initioated in the box) but I can accept it, a red card..... yes. Never in a million years was Skirtle's penalty a penalty. Ok so long (I dont mean Ta ra) took the ball, but did Skirtle "up end" him? I have looked at the vid for this over and over (as I have Agger's) Skirtle is not even looking at Long. Phil Dowd should be ashamed of himself, he was in the perfect position to sdee that Skirtle was trying to pass the ball and it was taken off his foot by long. Anyway no excuses we did not play as I thought we would. I had to keep checking that Borini was on the pitch, Gerrard really needs to up his game, Allen was caught to often for my liking, I thought we could look forward to Gerrard Suarez and Borini playing through the defense, instead it was back to last season with Suarez the main man (unfortunately mising too much, should have had 2 goals) and gerrard sitting back again. i love the guy but if he's not gonna support the attack then what is he going to do? those surging runs look a thing of the past. I also think Agger or Lucas should be captain, let Gerrard concentrate on playing. To be honest I have never rated him as a captain, he doesn't talk to the players enough. Never mind it's only city next week. Funnily enough I though WB would be a dangerous game for us, I think we'll beat City. god how i hope Dowd isn't the ref, he is way too erratic in games.

Can understand why the second penalty seemed very harsh. Obviously no intent whatsoever to clip him. It did look like he was clipped though. In that case, does intent come into it? Not sure it does. Or are you saying he dived?

What makes you think you'll beat Citeh then?

Got to keep the faith.

Personally, they are a team in transition lots of mediocre players,mwhich are a hangover from the reign of The Fat Waiter and that other scottish bloke. However, they do seem to raise their game against the bigger teams so they may be in with a chance. I really can't see them having a realistic challenge for the title this year, and any improvement in league position from last year will be progress and the club should recognize that. 6th or 7th is probably realistic at this point.

While Gerrard was one of the few who performed at the Euros, he was dismal yesterday. The new manager has brought in his replacement, Allen, and perhaps Gerrard realises his days at Anfield are numbered. There's been a lot of talk that Carroll won't fit in with the new way of losing, oops sorry playing, but on yesterdays debacle, neither will Gerrard. Realistically Gerrards age, history of being injury prone, and no longer being top dog (certainly in the new managers eyes), may see him moving on over the next season.

One hammering does not a season make, and I wouldn't write them off - just yet. Last season they performed better against superior opposition - Everton, Man U, etc.

180 page document..............

.........using size 96 font. :-)

Too early to say maybe but I think it's going to be a long hard season for Liverpool, ok only 1 game played but really could anyone see the slightest change from last season? They just don't have the quality in key positions all over the pitch, Skyrtle and Aggar not good enough at all for th level they want to be at, Downing is a joke, can't see Carrol improving at all and his confidence must be shot to sh@t right how, Suarez needs too many chances to finish....

The Skirtle accidental trip on Long was not a penalty IMO (as an ex FA qualified ref).

Law 12 on fouls and misconducts states:

"A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following seven offences in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

trips or attempts to trip an opponent

....."

I cannot see how the ref could conclude that Skirtel was careless, reckless or used excessive force. He might have awarded an indirect free kick:

"An indirect free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if, in the opinion of the referee, a player:

impedes the progress of an opponent

....."

But refs seem to have given up on awarding indirect free kicks these days, regrettable in my view as all sorts of deliberate obstructions seem to be regarded as fair game these days

Liverpool were poor nonetheless and WBrom were excellent. We was robbed by the ref is the continual cry of the outplayed. How many more years must we listen to Liverpool fans bleating that they were the best team (in the first half in the case of this match). The object of the game is to get goals not dominate play.

Edited by SantiSuk

Not a Scouser in sight eh? Some things never change! laugh.png

nursing an appalling hangover yesterday.

christ that was bad. ref might not have helped but we didn't help ourselves. basic errors and a general lack of fight after going down to ten men. must do better.

we're still massively lacking depth in the squad though and i still distrust these owners and their motives. brendan may well get plenty of time from the fans and the owners but time alone doesn't get you back to where you want the club to be. still think that the owners will sell players before the window closes and the impact on the wage bill shows in the depth of the squad. without significant investment this squad is a 6th/7th/8th place setup.

• Like 1

christ that was bad. ref might not have helped but we didn't help ourselves. basic errors and a general lack of fight after going down to ten men. must do better.

we're still massively lacking depth in the squad though and i still distrust these owners and their motives. brendan may well get plenty of time from the fans and the owners but time alone doesn't get you back to where you want the club to be. still think that the owners will sell players before the window closes and the impact on the wage bill shows in the depth of the squad. without significant investment this squad is a 6th/7th/8th place setup.

The way i see it is you are moving away from the Liverpool way to the Swansea way and that unfortunately is not how you will get back to the glory days.

To much focus and attention about the style of play Rodgers enforces and a few players are not comfortable with it.The old Liverpool always had at least one top draw finisher and at the moment Suarez is trying to hard alone to dribble the impossible all the time.

I thought Allen was your best player.

You just wait for it.......due to us having new young managers.the scumbag press will be jumping all over Spurs and Liverpool if we have a poor start.

The way i see it is you are moving away from the Liverpool way to the Swansea way and that unfortunately is not how you will get back to the glory days.

To much focus and attention about the style of play Rodgers enforces and a few players are not comfortable with it.The old Liverpool always had at least one top draw finisher and at the moment Suarez is trying to hard alone to dribble the impossible all the time.

I thought Allen was your best player.

the focus on the way that rodgers plays his football is currently distracting from the fact that the owners are not prepared to invest properly in the club to allow it to compete with big-spending rivals. the promised new stadium has been all but forgotten while the wage bill is being reduced enormously. this can only impact negatively on ability to attract top players, quality of squad and chances of competing.

we're on our fourth manager in four years. no time for anything to bed in, no continuity. we've spent as much on firing and hiring managers as we have on players recently. the owners have knocked about 25m off the annual wage bill since they arrived yet by august 31st we'll quite likely end up with a net transfer spend of zero if we sell carroll as expected. we have no scouting system in place and we just lost another top backroom staffer in pep segura. it's not even treading water this, it's systematic regression.

it doesn't feel much to me like a long-term plan for anything other than reducing operating expenses and asset stripping while relying on commercial figures to make the club attractive to potential buyers so that FSG can make a profit when they sell it.