Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I read this post to say that he would be in your optimum team 40.gif

Posted 2012-06-19 13:52:28

Abs said : Seems like Sigurdsson will almost certainly come in which looks like a good signing especially as he seems to have some goals in him

or perhaps he wouldn't

The only slight problem I would say with Sigurdsson for Liverpool is that he occupies a position that isnt a particularly high priority to strengthen at the moment. I imagine from the papers that he is going to Tottenham

24.gif And you call me a dummy !

Look Alfie I dont know where you are confused. It is obvious that Rodgers wanted him at a 'price'. He obviously knows him well so I am pretty well prepared to stand behind that judgment. It also seems pretty clear that Rodgers doesnt want him if the price is too high (either because the player is too expensive in general or, in my opinion, becomes a bit of a luxury given the options we have in the current position.) Either way, I am pretty happy to bide by Rodgers decision on a player that he has worked with at two different clubs and knows very well.

As it happens I am not saying that Spurs are paying too much for Sig, simply that I dont think that Sig is worth as much to Rodgers at Liverpool as he probably was to Rodgers at Swansea. If Liverpool get Ramirez that would only serve to emphasize the point because I doubt we could afford both.

And really Alfie... you and Carmine can go on telling me that Rodgers is stupid for not paying up for Sig because I am happy in the knowledge that you are both confident in that you know the value of the player far better than he does and infinitely better than Hoffenheim.

Downing earns 70k a week.

pretty sure it's 60k as it goes. last summer's buys, and andy carroll, are not on 'big' wages relative to their transfer fees.

"Big wages relative to their MASSIVELY OVERPAID transfer fees. Lets get this one correct. Thats a nonsense statement because you paid stupid over the odds for them anyways. All three are two bob players that in days gone by would not have been deemed fit to wear the shirt.

who did we 'massively overpay' for? henderson, maybe a bit yeah. should maybe have been about 12m instead of 16m. downing at 19m for a senior england international was probably about par and how is 6m on adam massively overpaying?

Why would Rogers not want to pay the market price for a player ? unless its his own money of course 4.gif

because the club has tightened up its financial operations and we don't want to pay over the odds in wages any more? because rodgers thinks that he can get a player who can do as good a job as sigurdsson for 30k a week and a lower transfer fee so making the club's budget go further? not complicated this is it?

Whatever you say gents.

I'm happy he's wearing a Spurs shirt next season.

Search away for an alternative....maybe you can do a swap deal involving Aquilani? laugh.png

They can clutch at straws Smokie but they just wont admit they are not a big club no morewink.png

Downing earns 70k a week.

pretty sure it's 60k as it goes. last summer's buys, and andy carroll, are not on 'big' wages relative to their transfer fees.

"Big wages relative to their MASSIVELY OVERPAID transfer fees. Lets get this one correct. Thats a nonsense statement because you paid stupid over the odds for them anyways. All three are two bob players that in days gone by would not have been deemed fit to wear the shirt.

who did we 'massively overpay' for? henderson, maybe a bit yeah. should maybe have been about 12m instead of 16m. downing at 19m for a senior england international was probably about par and how is 6m on adam massively overpaying?

Carroll...you overspent by about 30m and please don't go on about the Torres money. You over spent on those three end of. Secondly when did Downing become a senior england international? When you over spent on him too? Sorry but this is a ridiculous arguement and the crux of it is that Sigurdsson was a snip at 8m regardless of the wages and you know it

Edited by carmine

Carroll...you overspent by about 30m

Strange....... i didn't understand why stevie didn't comment on the donkeys price !!!!

Fair play to stevie for dragging us into this no brainer!

Sigurdsson as i said earlier is a bargain and they know it although i don't think Abby has worked this one out yet. Daniel Levy did though.and i'd trust his acumen of the premier league transfer market over the american all day long

Strange....... i didn't understand why stevie didn't comment on the donkeys price !!!!

Sigurdsson as i said earlier is a bargain and they know it although i don't think Abby has worked this one out yet. Daniel Levy did though.and i'd trust his acumen of the premier league transfer market over the american all day long

I will give Levy that...... call it business acumen or just being as tight as a fishes ars, I dont know.

On the one hand he wants 40mill off Chelsea for Modric, then on the other, he makes a low ball bid of 5 mill for Sturridgeohmy.png

8 mill for Sigurdsson is not expensive. 60k a week is not extravagant, and he brings to the table a lot more than Downing or Adam or Henderson

• Like 1

I will give Levy that...... call it business acumen or just being as tight as a fishes ars, I dont know.

On the one hand he wants 40mill off Chelsea for Modric, then on the other, he makes a low ball bid of 5 mill for Sturridgeohmy.png

8 mill for Sigurdsson is not expensive. 60k a week is not extravagant, and he brings to the table a lot more than Downing or Adam or Henderson

Apparently the scousers also want Sturridge, can't see him accepting 30 grand a week though 2.gif

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

I can't wait for next season.

So far in the above exchanges we've had Carthorse slipping off the "we totally overpaid for rubbish" list, fears about 20m Euros being too high for one player, Abrak seeming to have about-turned on players' values and the former moneyball brilliance of Henry, who used to chuck money at anything and justify it with cod economics, disaffection with the American owners, and the loss of a good player who has gone to Spurs for whatever reason, but nobody is professing to care much, because they "trust" "Kenny" Roger's judgment (watch out there Mate, Roy would say).

In a few month's time we'll have LFC posters saying there never has been a Liverpool Way.

I love this thread - it could only be eclipsed next season if Mancini goes to Russia!

So far in the above exchanges we've had Carthorse slipping off the "we totally overpaid for rubbish" list, fears about 20m Euros being too high for one player, Abrak seeming to have about-turned on players' values and the former moneyball brilliance of Henry, who used to chuck money at anything and justify it with cod economics, disaffection with the American owners, and the loss of a good player who has gone to Spurs for whatever reason, but nobody is professing to care much, because they "trust" "Kenny" Roger's judgment (watch out there Mate, Roy would say).

In a few month's time we'll have LFC posters saying there never has been a Liverpool Way.

I love this thread - it could only be eclipsed next season if Mancini goes to Russia!

Wow that is now 38 consecutive posts on the Liverpool thread since you last posted on the Everton thread.

If Everton supporters are simply obsessive Liverpool trolls it is hardly surprising they cant fill their stadium.

Wow that is now 38 consecutive posts on the Liverpool thread since you last posted on the Everton thread.

If Everton supporters are simply obsessive Liverpool trolls it is hardly surprising they cant fill their stadium.

Either that, or they all live in Thailand.....

(39 posts and [you're] counting!)

Either that, or they all live in Thailand.....

(39 posts and [you're] counting!)

No you are the one counting, I simply made up a number. Now why dont you try the search function for the Everton thread?

This is still the funniest thread isn't it biggrin.png

Well i find the posters on here HILARIOUS 24.gif

Do you think that Brendon Rodgers knows that his job is actually to strengthen his team and qualify for the CL and not infact to save them money....or have to understood the whole Sigurdsson stance incorrectly?

I might watch Moneyball tonightwink.png I dowmloaded it when this whole Icelandic drama unfolded.whistling.gif

See there's paper talk that Swansea are lookin 2 buy albert adomah who's apparently a 3mil rated left winger from Bristol city, why are they gonna buy him? I reckon Scott Sinclair will follow your manager and be at anfield b4 long.

Interesting Press Conference just now...

Just some points I remembered from it.

BR will access all players this preseason ( his reply about Carroll )

Will look to bring in 2-3 players for key positions but happy with the quality in the current

Important part- BR said 1 new signing this week! and 1-2 in the next few weeks ( something like that)

We don't have a l a lot of money to sped as some believe...

We've finished between 6th-8th past 3 season so looking to improve on league form but will treat all competitions to win them

When asked about the youngsters - if there good enough they will play. Had a good look at a few already.

- nice to see Lucas also, said he was disappointed to be out with a long injury but feels he will come back to the same level and has been working hard, looking forward to the rest of the squad to return.

Edited by Devil

Yeah. definitely.

Doesn't surprise me Abrak made up that number - I think he said he used to be an accountant!

Hahaha laugh.png

No problem ... I have been accused of being worst things than an accountant in my time.

• Like 1

Will look to bring in 2-3 players for key positions but happy with the quality in the current

Important part- BR said 1 new signing this week! and 1-2 in the next few weeks ( something like that)

We've finished between 6th-8th past 3 season so looking to improve on league form but will treat all competitions to win them

When asked about the youngsters - if there good enough they will play. Had a good look at a few already.

- nice to see Lucas also, said he was disappointed to be out with a long injury but feels he will come back to the same level and has been working hard, looking forward to the rest of the squad to return.

Ben Smith @BenSmithBBC

Off camera, Rodgers said #LFC fans would find one potential new player 'incredibly exciting' - 'they'll love him'

Ben Smith @BenSmithBBC

Off camera, Rodgers said #LFC fans would find one potential new player 'incredibly exciting' - 'they'll love him'

Yes, its amazing what you can get for 30 grand a week !

Yeah. definitely.

Doesn't surprise me Abrak made up that number - I think he said he used to be an accountant!

Hahaha laugh.png

No problem ... I have been accused of being worst things than an accountant in my time.

Yeah - you lay off us accountants

Santisuk FCA (retired)

I've just seen on BBC News that Rodgers will be signing Fabio Borini before the end of the week.He knows him well because,when Rodgers was at Chelsea working in the youth set up,Borini was a junior there.He then took him on loan at Swansea where he scored six goals.He was a prolific scorer in the Chelsea reserves but only got into the first team squad a few times because he was behind Drogba,Kalou and Sturridge in the pecking order.

I think this lad is very good.I was annoyed when Chelsea didn't give him a fair crack of the whip and got rid of him.Rodgers got hold of Scott Sinclair and turned him around and I can see him doing the same with Borini.