Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Aww, Stevie got me all excited about Sahin coming?

sahin isn't a winger james. and we're still hopeful of getting him but arsenal are making a last pitch for him too.

this assaidi signing is great, i love it when we sign players from completely out of nowhere. nicked him out from under ajax's noses apparently.

Sahin wants to play in the champions league and he'd want more than 30 grand a week !

Aww, Stevie got me all excited about Sahin coming?

sahin isn't a winger james. and we're still hopeful of getting him but arsenal are making a last pitch for him too.

this assaidi signing is great, i love it when we sign players from completely out of nowhere. nicked him out from under ajax's noses apparently.

must say I dont know anything about him...

Sahin wants to play in the champions league and he'd want more than 30 grand a week !

says who?

I know theres been a deal of speculation but i think its unlikely he'll move to anfield. Hasn't he stated he wants to try and make a mark at Madrid. Also knows that Mourinho probably won't be there for long. Could also be a wages problem.

Heres one for you...Tom Huddlestone. If its true tha AVB rates that <deleted> Jenas. Massively underated player with superb passing range. I would hate to lose him.

I know theres been a deal of speculation but i think its unlikely he'll move to anfield. Hasn't he stated he wants to try and make a mark at Madrid. Also knows that Mourinho probably won't be there for long. Could also be a wages problem.

Heres one for you...Tom Huddlestone. If its true tha AVB rates that <deleted> Jenas. Massively underated player with superb passing range. I would hate to lose him.

latest from journos on merseyside seems to be that mourinho and alonso have all but convinced sahin to move to liverpool on loan. fingers crossed like. it's a tricky one when we don't have the CL football to offer though - not to mention that london is usually a bigger draw to players from abroad. we'll see. i'm hopeful though.

oh and i've never really seen it with huddlestone. always seems kind of cumbersome and immobile. but then i expect you've watched him a lot more than i have.

Edited by StevieH

says who?

I read it a while ago stevie, to be fair would you want to move from the biggest club in the world to a team that finished 8th in the premier and not in the Champions League ?

oh and i've never really seen it with huddlestone. always seems kind of cumbersome and immobile. but then i expect you've watched him a lot more than i have.

When he first came in the team that was probaly the case but now he probaly aint any slower than Carrick, i happen to think the midfield defencively will be stronger with him rather than Modric.

latest from journos on merseyside seems to be that mourinho and alonso have all but convinced sahin to move to liverpool on loan. fingers crossed like. it's a tricky one when we don't have the CL football to offer though - not to mention that london is usually a bigger draw to players from abroad. we'll see. i'm hopeful though.

Funnily Hudd was the only player in our team able to instantly adapt to astro turf. Wonderful passing range too. The only worry for me is the ankle. He was coming on brilliantly until that injury

Tricky one now, if the rumours are true because you have to wonder with loan players mentality. And more importantly will there be a option to buy or first refusal etc. and if we re not his first choice ( again if true) will he just be a passenger waiting to go back to Madrid... He looked the business in the Budelsiga before the Madrid move. If he does joins our central midfield area will be the strongest since sometime, Alonso, Masch and Gerrard was tough one to replace but with Lucas, Allen, Sahin its could be quality - then add to that a fit Gerrard not having to play every game and used in a more advance role.

Not sure what then happens to the younger players such as Spearing, Shelvey and Henderson. Adam if reports are true is out and I imagine Henderson the one to most likely to stay? Thought Henderson showed glimpses of quality and potential last season but seemed to really struggle at times maybe with the big club pressure and probably used for way to many games in different positions.

Huddleston- ok if we must turn every thread into a Spuds discussion ;) I actually think he has great strength, close control and a very good passing range but he just seems to never get a run of games - is it his fitness injuries ? never seems to make a bigger impact based on the quality he has.

Dembele looks the business..He was one of the surprise standout midfielders last year when watching Fulham but needs. The ball looks like its glued to his boot at time such is his control.

Ok back to LFC talk please.

Edited by Devil

Tricky one now, if the rumours are true because you have to wonder with loan players mentality. And more importantly will there be a option to buy or first refusal etc. and if we re not his first choice ( again if true) will he just be a passenger waiting to go back to Madrid... He looked the business in the Budelsiga before the Madrid move. If he does joins our central midfield area will be the strongest since sometime, Alonso, Masch and Gerrard was tough one to replace but with Lucas, Allen, Sahin its could be quality - then add to that a fit Gerrard not having to play every game and used in a more advance role.

Not sure what then happens to the younger players such as Spearing, Shelvey and Henderson. Adam if reports are true is out and I imagine Henderson the one to most likely to stay? Thought Henderson showed glimpses of quality and potential last season but seemed to really struggle at times maybe with the big club pressure and probably used for way to many games in different positions.

Huddleston- ok if we must turn every thread into a Spuds discussion wink.png I actually think he has great strength, close control and a very good passing range but he just seems to never get a run of games - is it his fitness injuries ? never seems to make a bigger impact based on the quality he has.

Dembele looks the business..He was one of the surprise standout midfielders last year when watching Fulham but needs. The ball looks like its glued to his boot at time such is his control.

Now i'm not a Liverpool expert but i happen to think that as great player as he is Suarez farks up your balance a bit if playing 4--3--3 a. play him as a centre forward and he doesn't score enough goals and he isn't an out and out striker b. if he isn't playing centre forward then he has to play instead of a wide player, which means you are a bit lop sided ! c. play him as one of the 3 in mid means you a bit short of numbers their, very similar problem to Spurs have at fitting in VDV !!!

Edited by alfieconn

Huddleston- ok if we must turn every thread into a Spuds discussion wink.png I actually think he has great strength, close control and a very good passing range but he just seems to never get a run of games - is it his fitness injuries ? never seems to make a bigger impact based on the quality he has.

Now i'm not a Liverpool expert but i happen to think that as great player as he is Suarez farks up your balance a bit if playing 4--3--3 a. play him as a centre forward and he doesn't score enough goals and he isn't an out and out striker b. if he isn't playing centre forward then he has to play instead of a wide player, which means you are a bit lop sided ! c. play him as one of the 3 in mid means you a bit short of numbers their, very similar problem to Spurs have at fitting in VDV !!!

Yeah right, because you want VD to play every week right, the guy is massively hit and miss ( and I'm not talking about goals) I agree Suarez is not an out and out striker, though his goal tally ain't that bad. I think we will see him used differently this season, last season we relied on him too much for goals. I think this season we will see Borini being the main focus, with Suarez there to supply him and back him up, I also think Gerrard will play a more of an attacking role and be in the box to support a lot more. Basically i don't think you will see a 4 3 3, you will see a more fluid front but a more static back line. I also think that Lucas will be used more to spread the ball, and if Allen is playing that he will be the midfielder working through teams mid-field.

But then again I've had a few, and have opinions on everything at the moment. I'm just looking forward to season kick-off.

• Like 1

As a neutral thats pretty much how i see it at Liverpool Nelly! Should work well because players are more positioned to their strengths. Gerard playing high up the pitch hopefully(for you that is) The midfield in particular looks much stronger and Borini looks sharp aswell. Back five solid too.

This gives Rodgers good foundations.

likely team away to west brom today:

reina

johnson skrtel agger enrique

lucas allen

gerrard

downing suarez borini

i'm relatively happy with that and looking forward to seeing the two new lads in particular. ah, a new season. suarez is going to be player of the season this year by the way.

Team pretty much picks itself doesn't it. Shame about Downing though. Any youngsters that could be thrown in that could add enthusiasm to youthful talent?

This is a nice position for the new manager. As i said, thats a good side to work on

Team pretty much picks itself doesn't it. Shame about Downing though. Any youngsters that could be thrown in that could add enthusiasm to youthful talent?

This is a nice position for the new manager. As i said, thats a good side to work on

yeah raheem sterling should be on the bench and he's a fantastic talent. the new moroccan lad assaidi looks an exciting signing as well, very direct ball-carrying wide attacker.

oddly enough i think we'll see a lot more from downing this season. he simply can't be as poor as he was last season so anything is an improvement but in the right system he could yet come good.

• Like 1

yeah raheem sterling should be on the bench and he's a fantastic talent. the new moroccan lad assaidi looks an exciting signing as well, very direct ball-carrying wide attacker.

oddly enough i think we'll see a lot more from downing this season. he simply can't be as poor as he was last season so anything is an improvement but in the right system he could yet come good.

I posed the question because i was thinking about Stirling, who ofcourse we've been looking at! Theres a real talent.

You might well see an improvement in Downing because he'll be playing for his Liverpool career and he won't be able to hide in this team.

I posed the question because i was thinking about Stirling, who ofcourse we've been looking at! Theres a real talent.

You might well see an improvement in Downing because he'll be playing for his Liverpool career and he won't be able to hide in this team.

been noticeable in the three games so far that rodgers has really been coaching the hell out of downing during matches. coaxing him on, telling him to push further up and not go backwards etc.

looking forward to seeing borini, allen and hopefully assaidi at some point tonight. also great to have lucas leiva back, we missed him terribly last season.

• Like 1

reina

lucas allen

gerrard

downing suarez borini

i'm relatively happy with that and looking forward to seeing the two new lads in particular. ah, a new season. suarez is going to be player of the season this year by the way.

No natural left sided attacking player stevie ? like i said a bit unbalanced !

reina

lucas allen

gerrard

downing suarez borini

enrique's the left-sided attacking player. downing and borini will both fill in there when we don't have possession. nothing unbalanced about it at all alfie, unless you're thinking in very flat 4-4-2 terms.

reina

lucas allen

gerrard

downing suarez borini

Based on today's training...

post-48660-134527473652_thumb.jpg

kelly starting would be a bit of a surprise.

Does anybody else think we should be doing away with this 4-4-2, 4-3-3, -9-1 formations. Surely we should be a lot more adaptable than these numbers suggest

nope. formations are more fluid today than they've ever been but they do give you a basic framework on which to base tactics and strategies.

kelly starting would be a bit of a surprise.

Does anybody else think we should be doing away with this 4-4-2, 4-3-3, -9-1 formations. Surely we should be a lot more adaptable than these numbers suggest

nope. formations are more fluid today than they've ever been but they do give you a basic framework on which to base tactics and strategies.

Enrique apparently didn't train ?

reina

lucas allen

gerrard

downing suarez borini

enrique's the left-sided attacking player. downing and borini will both fill in there when we don't have possession. nothing unbalanced about it at all alfie, unless you're thinking in very flat 4-4-2 terms.

Strange that Dev has Borini as up front with Suarez on the left of a 3, to be fair whatever formation you have out tonight you should still win !

Strange that Dev has Borini as up front with Suarez on the left of a 3, to be fair whatever formation you have out tonight you should still win !

think the front three are going to be very interchangeable. borini and suarez in particular will swap and change a lot.