Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

i don't really understand this desire for other team's supporters to get rid of Kenny. Coulkd it be that they have the thought in the back of their minds that he could bring back our glory days. By the end of last night I was ranting at the TV again, but not at Kenny. West Brom were crap for pratically all the game, and we dominated it as we should have. Once again no end result though, we ht the post twice, and missed at least 3 golden opportunities. The simple fact is that we do not break down teams like we should, and cannot finish. We will need to sign a creative attacking midfielder, and a predator for the box. I do not see what Kenny could have done differently, apart from leaving Henderson on the bench and starting with Shelvey. I though Henderson had a better game, I thought we were better with Dirk and Maxi starting, Spearing had a great game, the defence were Good apart from johnsons lack of concentration and awareness. Again i cannot believe that we lost, but we did; and have to live with the shit that follows losing to a team that we are expected to crush.

Why oh why is it that Andy Carroll cannot score/ He had a better game yesterday, and still wound me up to a point where even my misses had to defend him to cool me down. I'm picking on him a bit here, but that's because he causes me so much strife. What do we do with a player who costs us more games through missing than wins us games through scoring? And why does he fall over so much, I think we need some kind of technical assistance to keep the guy on his feet.

I think both of your posts are why KK is still manager,talk about pulling the wool over ones eyes!

West Brom where not shit yesterday by the way,they had a game plan like many teams before them at Anfailed and it worked.

Andy"carthorse"Carroll is <deleted>......that is why he cannot score,but as you allude to ....i am in the gang that hope you keep King Kenny and also the Horse,not to mention Luis passifier.gifpassifier.gif Suarez

Enjoyed that free flowing football but not the result ;)

Same old same old - we dominated possession over 3 quarters of the game (it looked that way anyway) we had numerous chances I actually lost count and at one point i had to walk out the room or I would of thrown the Tv out the window lol. It defies belief how we can not kill teams off and do all the hard work. We also hit the woodwork twice was it... What is that all about??? We must have some kind of record for that also?

We just have no ability to finish or take our chances and that's been the downfall in the league full stop. I think the core of the team we have is capable of playing good football and some of the new editions have also played a lot better of late. But confidence starts to drain when all the good work comes to nothing if we cant score.

This team can only get be better the longer they play together we just lack 2-3 players to come in the summer. We need a proven goal poacher who can get is 15-20 goals a season and a solid midfielder to chip in with goals.

Roll on FA Cup Final please!

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

I don't know how many chances you had yesterday but the replay made it look like it was a lot. It also looked like West Brom did a smash and grab. That aside, that was just one match, the trouble you guys have is that nobody is scoring goals (or at least a lot of them). I think your highest is Suarez with about 8 and that quite frankly, is not good enough.

I don't know how many chances you had yesterday but the replay made it look like it was a lot. It also looked like West Brom did a smash and grab. That aside, that was just one match, the trouble you guys have is that nobody is scoring goals (or at least a lot of them). I think your highest is Suarez with about 8 and that quite frankly, is not good enough.

Its interesting to note how many games Carroll has been given. Remove that big price tag and he'd have been warming the bench an awful lot more this season I reckon.

Enjoyed that free flowing football but not the result wink.png

Same old same old - we dominated possession over 3 quarters of the game (it looked that way anyway) we had numerous chances I actually lost count and at one point i had to walk out the room or I would of thrown the Tv out the window lol. It defies belief how we can not kill teams off and do all the hard work. We also hit the woodwork twice was it... What is that all about??? We must have some kind of record for that also?

We just have no ability to finish or take our chances and that's been the downfall in the league full stop. I think the core of the team we have is capable of playing good football and some of the new editions have also played a lot better of late. But confidence starts to drain when all the good work comes to nothing if we cant score.

This team can only get be better the longer they play together we just lack 2-3 players to come in the summer. We need a proven goal poacher who can get is 15-20 goals a season and a solid midfielder to chip in with goals.

Straight out of the Tele Santana philosophy of attacking football wasn't it Dev.

As you say, with about five or six new players, a gameplan and a couple of strikers that know where the net is you'd be better.

• Like 2

Didn't you write the same at this stage a year ago Dev? Dejesus vu or what ...........does your guide dog also write for you! laugh.png

Didn't you write the same at this stage a year ago Dev? Dejesus vu or what ...........does your guide dog also write for you! laugh.png

Its a guide dog with rose tinted specs Red. smile.png

Its interesting to note how many games Carroll has been given. Remove that big price tag and he'd have been warming the bench an awful lot more this season I reckon.

I actually think Carroll has improved of late, must be worth at least 5m now 30.gif

I actually think Carroll has improved of late, must be worth at least 5m now 30.gif

We could be more scientific about it and say he's worth half of what Bellamy is worth. whistling.gif

Baht ?

• Like 1

Straight out of the Tele Santana philosophy of attacking football wasn't it Dev.

As you say, with about five or six new players, a gameplan and a couple of strikers that know where the net is you'd be better.

No as I said we need 2-3 players :) I could live with 1 new player which I suspect is less than needed as say Spurs who will lose at least 2-4 of their better players to other clubs (with no CL or Arry) next year and that includes Chelsea who will offload the old guard. We are in a transitional period and building for next few seasons.

Edited by Devil

No as I said we need 2-3 players smile.png I could live with 1 new player which I suspect is less than needed as say Spurs who will lose at least 2-4 of their better players to other clubs (with no CL or Arry) next year and that includes Chelsea who will offload the old guard. We are in a transitional period and building for next few seasons.

You've been in transition four about four years. In transition or in decline?

Btw how come the most overated team in the league that entire team that only cost 13m more than Andy Carroll is 13 points ahead of you mugs in the league table?

No as I said we need 2-3 players smile.png I could live with 1 new player which I suspect is less than needed as say Spurs who will lose at least 2-4 of their better players to other clubs (with no CL or Arry) next year and that includes Chelsea who will offload the old guard. We are in a transitional period and building for next few seasons.

You've been in transition four about four years. In transition or in decline?

Btw how come the most overated team in the league that entire team that only cost 13m more than Andy Carroll is 13 points ahead of you mugs in the league table?

Boy I can tell things must be going badly over at Spurs.

They used to spend their time talking about how they were doing nearly as well as Utd and City.

Now they have been reduced to talking about how they are still doing better than Liverpool in the League.

• Like 1

Their a sensitive lot Abrak

Made the mistake of stating a few facts about their recent form and surmised I think Spurs have been the most overrated team in the league given what their fans had been saying all season.

Correct me if I am wrong but given we have won a Trophy already this year, in the final of the FA Cup and qualified for Europa already but sat in 8th in the league compared to their 5th position the league which is very looking likely they will finish 6th! with not trophies or finals to play or any qualification in Europe. Does that still equate to them having a better season than us?

Made the mistake of stating a few facts about their recent form and surmised I think Spurs have been the most overrated team in the league given what their fans had been saying all season.

Correct me if I am wrong but given we have won a Trophy already this year, in the final of the FA Cup and qualified for Europa already but sat in 8th in the league compared to their 5th position the league which is very looking likely they will finish 6th! with not trophies or finals to play or any qualification in Europe. Does that still equate to them having a better season than us?

We still have a realistic shot at a CL place...play far better football on our day...have some top quality young players....oh and our shit manager will be off by the end of May.

Yes we are in a far better position than a rag and bone lot who will never be able to sell their carthorse!

I have been (and am) travelling so was unable to post a genuine well done for that semi-final capitulation of ours - utterly predictable as soon as Distin mishit the backpass, and the usual result quickly unfolded.

But other than that - and Woy's triumphant return (unbelievable result that one), Commoli going, the team in disarray, and langushing mid table, Gerrard complaining the team just aren't good enough (incredible honesty- I wonder if "we're just unlucky" KK will fine him for his outspokenness and dissing the110m GBP he's wasted on transfer fees to finish so many points off CL qualification and behind the leaders?), a lot is going on here.

Imagine if, week in, week out SAF popped up to blame the woodwork and "bad luck" for umderperformances as bad as these for such an expensively assembled side.

Add to that the implosion of this thread as Reds start to panic and bitch, unused to having to support a mediocre team with zero prospects of improvement, watching the real teams disappear out of sight, and I have thoroughly enjoyed catching up on recent posts here!

By the way, your new rivals are us, Newcastle, West Brom, Sunderland, Fulham and Swansea. Get used to it.

And after happily unburdening myself above - a serious question - do you think Kenny (a) should and/or (B) will be given a chance to turn things round next season?

Or has he had his chips.

You're a joker Dev. Atleast we are a team that can have aspirations of CL rather than you lot, wallowing in mid table mediocrity with nothing more than a domestic cup run to look forward to. Well done winning the wothless cup because fact is the rest of us couldn't really give a toss about that one. You're a mug mate.laugh.png

You're a joker Dev. Atleast we are a team that can have aspirations of CL rather than you lot, wallowing in mid table mediocrity with nothing more than a domestic cup run to look forward to. Well done winning the wothless cup because fact is the rest of us couldn't really give a toss about that one. You're a mug mate.laugh.png

You have aspirations and we have aspirations, thing is neither of us will will get champions league this season, It's looking to me like you will be 7th we will be 8th, so welcome to mid table mediocrity sweetheart. Obviously you will feel more comfortable here, having spent most of your time here. We have won a worthless cup, one that you failed to win (want it or not) and are in the final of the FA cup, which you would love to win even though you have won it loads of times before. So I am leaning towards us being more satisfied with our season than yours. You will need more players than us in closed season because of the exodus, and God knows who your manager will be. Good luck

P.S i would have put a few smilies in but I have nothing to smile about so didn't

You have aspirations and we have aspirations, thing is neither of us will will get champions league this season, It's looking to me like you will be 7th we will be 8th, so welcome to mid table mediocrity sweetheart. Obviously you will feel more comfortable here, having spent most of your time here. We have won a worthless cup, one that you failed to win (want it or not) and are in the final of the FA cup, which you would love to win even though you have won it loads of times before. So I am leaning towards us being more satisfied with our season than yours. You will need more players than us in closed season because of the exodus, and God knows who your manager will be. Good luck

P.S i would have put a few smilies in but I have nothing to smile about so didn't

Loads of predictions about us, but as usual little fact. I think its best to say we'll see.

PS Please don'r refer to me as sweetheart. I am fully hetro and don't particularily like the gay undercurrent in your post,

I have been (and am) travelling so was unable to post a genuine well done for that semi-final capitulation of ours - utterly predictable as soon as Distin mishit the backpass, and the usual result quickly unfolded.

But other than that - and Woy's triumphant return (unbelievable result that one), Commoli going, the team in disarray, and langushing mid table, Gerrard complaining the team just aren't good enough (incredible honesty- I wonder if "we're just unlucky" KK will fine him for his outspokenness and dissing the110m GBP he's wasted on transfer fees to finish so many points off CL qualification and behind the leaders?), a lot is going on here.

Imagine if, week in, week out SAF popped up to blame the woodwork and "bad luck" for umderperformances as bad as these for such an expensively assembled side.

Add to that the implosion of this thread as Reds start to panic and bitch, unused to having to support a mediocre team with zero prospects of improvement, watching the real teams disappear out of sight, and I have thoroughly enjoyed catching up on recent posts here!

By the way, your new rivals are us, Newcastle, West Brom, Sunderland, Fulham and Swansea. Get used to it.

And after happily unburdening myself above - a serious question - do you think Kenny (a) should and/or (cool.png will be given a chance to turn things round next season?

Or has he had his chips.

Which team do you support then?

If we were to lose any players it would be for big money from big teams, which of your players would go for big money ? perhaps Suarez if your lucky !!!! oh and Carroll 24.gif

The disappointing thing for both your teams is your performances and deterioration as the season has gone on.

Sort of makes it a wasted season unless you can call it a transition period....but then again at Liverpool a transition takes many years now so i read and at Spurs a transition period began when Mr Capello resigned.

The point being neither of your clubs are any better off than when you started the League season,Liverpool have won a cup so that could be contrived a successful season but only in a disguised way,most real scourers now that it is the League and Europe that is the yardstick for a great Liverpool side.

Spurs played some wonderful stuff early on and have been good to watch but sadly for there fans they have gone back to the normality of dead end football that they are so good at.A place in the Champions League is now a struggle and all the early work has come to nowt,then they blame Harry for being a bad tactician which really we all new at the start of the seasson.

Being a good man manager can only get you so far,if and it is a big if? he joins England ....i will be gutted and Spurs fans should be very happy that they can go on to the next step with a manager that is tactically aware in the times games are tight!

Kenny is just King and long may he reign tongue.png the players there are not Liverpool players from the mould of Gerrard or Carragher and it started when Benitez started changing the style of the club chasing his dream in Europe with disregard to the league.

Anyway rant over both sets of fans will be deliriously happy that you will be playing each other in Baltimore clap2.gif in a pre-season friendly in the summer i see. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

And after happily unburdening myself above - a serious question - do you think Kenny (a) should and/or (cool.png will be given a chance to turn things round next season?

Or has he had his chips.

it would be a bit sad if this thread imploded as some other supporters would have to put up with you as only well supported clubs tend to have threadscoffee1.gif

Loads of predictions about us, but as usual little fact. I think its best to say we'll see.

PS Please don'r refer to me as sweetheart. I am fully hetro and don't particularily like the gay undercurrent in your post,

uhhm, interesting. i apologize for calling you sweetheart but I honestly thought you were a girl, because of your user name, and used sweetheart as a term of endearment. As for your sexuality, I neither know or care what it is.

i think you will find that we are all making predictions (guesses)about the future and a lot of us are shaking our heads at the past year. i agree that we will all need to wait and see, but my appraisal though tongue in cheek was also pretty much what I believe I think the league will end up

Man U

Man city

Arsenal

Newcastle

Chelsea

Spurs

Liverpool

Everton

Fulham

Swansea

I think we will win the FA cup, with Chelsea commited 100% to the league, and that it will snow this Christmas. Don't bet on any of these as i'm not certain they are only informed guesses