Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

The unique thing is portentous crap. Pay no notice carmine That seems a bit pretentious to me biggrin.png Personally I would just like a manager who knows our history and could get us some trophies.....uhm maybe Kenny can do that. wink.png

Ah... the old, "knows our history" chestnut. Comes out every time. biggrin.png

Inflated with self-importance like a fleet of banana boats the lot of you. wink.png

At Carmine since you called me out yet again!

Carmine I can honestly say I don't know you but what I can say is I don't think I would like you either, yes this is just a forum but you come across as one of the most spiteful posters on this thread. And you seem to think your opinions or your beliefs are far superior to anyone else's and if anyone should show any passion or support for their team they are to be ridiculed. You make it personal with you constant belittling of my opinions and beliefs instead of just a dig at the team or results (banter) it isn't!

Why would I expect you to understand what I say? But here goes....its called 'The Liverpool Way'

From the moment I was told about Liverpool FC by my family at the age of about 7 or 8 that was that....on the bad days it's a horrible thing but the love never goes away! You learn about a set of common values that I guess define us as Liverpool supporters (I am not saying we are better but just different) and a set of values that give our club and fans the identity and some sense of a relationship with the Club that makes it so special to be a Red with a real unwavering support of the team.

'The Liverpool way' in short it was moulded by Bill Shankly he made Liverpool FC into one of the greatest clubs in world football! It was a vision beyond just football...he wanted to use the City’s characteristics to define the culture of the club. He wanted to give Liverpool a unique identity and to lift the club and its supporters to the best in world football.

When Kenny returned I felt part of that had come back Ten Fold in complete contrast to another recent manager Mr Hodgson! I was gutted when Rafa left, he was a complete outsider like Hodgson but he was a winner and he became part of 'The Liverpool Way' he got us in so many ways and earned the respect of the supporters, even now he speaks of the love of the city and how his family still lives there, his genuine kindness and support to the Hillsborough group and his love of LFC. Even Houllier got us and the club on many levels and had that special love of the city after living and working there as a teacher many years before joining the club.

When you read Kenny's book 'My Liverpool' you read about the impression Shanks had on him, including Bob Paisley, Evans and everything about 'The Liverpool Way' and you get to see the connection with the fans that those managers had and especially what makes Kenny so special to us...

Times move on and players and managers come and go. All I ask is that a manager loves the club as much as WE DO or makes that effort to 'Get us' it is very obvious who does or doesn't. I would love to see the likes of a Carra come though and be part of the management and keep that sense of the Boot Room going and 'The Liverpool Way ' alive in the club. I would also love to see a young talented manager come in who whoever that may be but become part of what I have said just as many past managers have done.

I could go on all day but this will all fall on many deaf ears especially one persons ! as much as a Christian will have when listening to a Muslims beliefs and so on...I am sure some fellow reds who are old enough will certainly get what I am saying?

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.

Thanks mate that was deeply moving. And there was me thinking that by coming on our thread and belittling our team you wanted to play. Suffice to say young man, if you want to dish it out you had better learn to take it.

The general feeling on the Spurs thread were that your post was also very spiteful but were not ones to get all juvenile and personal.

btw, i have to admit i couldn't be bothered to read the whole lot because i presumed its was that old chesnut of we are somehow different and special and no one understands what it is to be a Liverpool fan.

You're right we dont.

Edited by carmine

Dev, I’m coming at this entirely differently to your cat fight with Carmine.

I genuinely want to understand what this Liverpool Way is, if it exists and how it is different from the Blackburn Way or the Spurs Way or any other team’s Way. I have cut in relevant bits of your post below.

You learn about a set of common values that I guess define us as Liverpool supporters (I am not saying we are better but just different) and a set of values that give our club and fans the identity and some sense of a relationship with the Club that makes it so special to be a Red with a real unwavering support of the team.

Ok what are those values and how do they differ to, say, Everton values (Shouldn’t they be identical or very similar given the division of households who support both teams and who share the same common culture?).

'The Liverpool way' in short it was moulded by Bill Shankly he made Liverpool FC into one of the greatest clubs in world football! It was a vision beyond just football...he wanted to use the City’s characteristics to define the culture of the club. He wanted to give Liverpool a unique identity and to lift the club and its supporters to the best in world football.

Using the city to give a team identity in Shankly’s era? Is that identity still relevant or does the identity of the club change with the identity of the city meaning Shankly is now irrelevant in the club’s culture except only historically?

When Kenny returned I felt part of that had come back

How is Kenny actually linked to Shankly in this narrative of amorphous culture? Just a "feeling"?

in complete contrast to another recent manager Mr Hodgson! I was gutted when Rafa left, he was a complete outsider like Hodgson but he was a winner and he became part of 'The Liverpool Way' he got us in so many ways and earned the respect of the supporters, even now he speaks of the love of the city and how his family still lives there, his genuine kindness and support to the Hillsborough group and his love of LFC. Even Houllier got us and the club on many levels and had that special love of the city after living and working there as a teacher many years before joining the club.

Ok, being generous and kind, loving the city, earning the respect of supporters – I get them as qualities in a manager – but isn’t that the same for every club?

When you read Kenny's book 'My Liverpool' you read about the impression Shanks had on him, including Bob Paisley, Evans and everything about 'The Liverpool Way' and you get to see the connection with the fans that those managers had and especially what makes Kenny so special to us...

Surely every club’s supporters could say the same thing, and all managers pay lip service to their predecessors.

In a way what comes out of your comments is a bunker mentality, like in Waco, which may not be an inappropriate analogy.

Times move on and players and managers come and go. All I ask is that a manager loves the club as much as WE DO or makes that effort to 'Get us' it is very obvious who does or doesn't.

But this could just as easily describe any club, and be the Coventry Way or the Bristol City Way

I would love to see the likes of a Carra come though and be part of the management and keep that sense of the Boot Room going and 'The Liverpool Way ' alive in the club.

I’m still searching for the meaning of it though.

I could go on all day but this will all fall on many deaf ears especially one persons ! as much as a Christian will have when listening to a Muslims beliefs and so on...I am sure some fellow reds who are old enough will certainly get what I am saying?

They might, but every supporter of every team in the country probably says the same thing, so I (genuinely) ask – what sets Liverpool FC and its supporters apart from every the footy club in the land? A hero worship of past managers?

If you want my answer, The Liverpool Way is purely psychological, and comes about because the club gave its supporters a lot to be proud of when the city was being economically ravaged and most of us lived in a state of hopelessness, unemployment, misery and gloom in the 70s and 80s.

But again surely The Everton Way is identical?

• Like 1

Carmine I can honestly say I don't know you but what I can say is I don't think I would like you either, yes this is just a forum but you come across as one of the most spiteful posters on this thread. And you seem to think your opinions or your beliefs are far superior to anyone else's and if anyone should show any passion or support for their team they are to be ridiculed. You make it personal with you constant belittling of my opinions and beliefs instead of just a dig at the team or results (banter) it isn't!

Why would I expect you to understand what I say? But here goes....its called 'The Liverpool Way'

From the moment I was told about Liverpool FC by my family at the age of about 7 or 8 that was that....on the bad days it's a horrible thing but the love never goes away! You learn about a set of common values that I guess define us as Liverpool supporters (I am not saying we are better but just different) and a set of values that give our club and fans the identity and some sense of a relationship with the Club that makes it so special to be a Red with a real unwavering support of the team.

'The Liverpool way' in short it was moulded by Bill Shankly he made Liverpool FC into one of the greatest clubs in world football! It was a vision beyond just football...he wanted to use the Cityâ€â„¢s characteristics to define the culture of the club. He wanted to give Liverpool a unique identity and to lift the club and its supporters to the best in world football.

When Kenny returned I felt part of that had come back Ten Fold in complete contrast to another recent manager Mr Hodgson! I was gutted when Rafa left, he was a complete outsider like Hodgson but he was a winner and he became part of 'The Liverpool Way' he got us in so many ways and earned the respect of the supporters, even now he speaks of the love of the city and how his family still lives there, his genuine kindness and support to the Hillsborough group and his love of LFC. Even Houllier got us and the club on many levels and had that special love of the city after living and working there as a teacher many years before joining the club.

Times move on and players and managers come and go. All I ask is that a manager loves the club as much as WE DO or makes that effort to 'Get us' it is very obvious who does or doesn't. I would love to see the likes of a Carra come though and be part of the management and keep that sense of the Boot Room going and 'The Liverpool Way ' alive in the club. I would also love to see a young talented manager come in who whoever that may be but become part of what I have said just as many past managers have done.

Thanks mate that was deeply moving. And there was me thinking that by coming on our thread and belittling our team you wanted to play. Suffice to say young man, if you want to dish it out you had better learn to take it.

The general feeling on the Spurs thread were that your post was also very spiteful but were not ones to get all juvenile and personal.

btw, i have to admit i couldn't be bothered to read the whole lot because i presumed its was that old chesnut of we are somehow different and special and no one understands what it is to be a Liverpool fan.

You're right we dont.

Now that's we're we will have to disagree as, yes I will have a go at other teams all day long but not often, unless justified but I won't personally call you or someone out and belittle their beliefs or support of their club. In fact I really respect supporters who do just that support their club.

Normally my style is to ignore or move on.

Let's leave it at that.

Dev, I’m coming at this entirely differently to your cat fight with Carmine.

I genuinely want to understand what this Liverpool Way is, if it exists and how it is different from the Blackburn Way or the Spurs Way or any other team’s Way. I have cut in relevant bits of your post below.

You learn about a set of common values that I guess define us as Liverpool supporters (I am not saying we are better but just different) and a set of values that give our club and fans the identity and some sense of a relationship with the Club that makes it so special to be a Red with a real unwavering support of the team.

Ok what are those values and how do they differ to, say, Everton values (Shouldn’t they be identical or very similar given the division of households who support both teams and who share the same common culture?).

Using the city to give a team identity in Shankly’s era? Is that identity still relevant or does the identity of the club change with the identity of the city meaning Shankly is now irrelevant in the club’s culture except only historically?

When Kenny returned I felt part of that had come back

How is Kenny actually linked to Shankly in this narrative of amorphous culture? Just a "feeling"?

in complete contrast to another recent manager Mr Hodgson! I was gutted when Rafa left, he was a complete outsider like Hodgson but he was a winner and he became part of 'The Liverpool Way' he got us in so many ways and earned the respect of the supporters, even now he speaks of the love of the city and how his family still lives there, his genuine kindness and support to the Hillsborough group and his love of LFC. Even Houllier got us and the club on many levels and had that special love of the city after living and working there as a teacher many years before joining the club.

Ok, being generous and kind, loving the city, earning the respect of supporters – I get them as qualities in a manager – but isn’t that the same for every club?

Surely every club’s supporters could say the same thing, and all managers pay lip service to their predecessors.

In a way what comes out of your comments is a bunker mentality, like in Waco, which may not be an inappropriate analogy.

Times move on and players and managers come and go. All I ask is that a manager loves the club as much as WE DO or makes that effort to 'Get us' it is very obvious who does or doesn't.

But this could just as easily describe any club, and be the Coventry Way or the Bristol City Way

I would love to see the likes of a Carra come though and be part of the management and keep that sense of the Boot Room going and 'The Liverpool Way ' alive in the club.

I’m still searching for the meaning of it though.

They might, but every supporter of every team in the country probably says the same thing, so I (genuinely) ask – what sets Liverpool FC and its supporters apart from every the footy club in the land? A hero worship of past managers?

If you want my answer, The Liverpool Way is purely psychological, and comes about because the club gave its supporters a lot to be proud of when the city was being economically ravaged and most of us lived in a state of hopelessness, unemployment, misery and gloom in the 70s and 80s.

But again surely The Everton Way is identical?

At work at the moment Cropper so not much time to go through it all right now...

Basically The Liverpool Way - can mean different things, for example. keeping club information in house such as transfers, other (as you see with Kenny' pressers now) thats how it always used to be and I love it. The club tells when needed and not give in to the Press gobshites.

You know stuff like applauding the opposition when they have played well or a bit of clapping the opposition keeper towards the Kop to put him off (false sense of security - hard to explain) fans not giving up and still singing away - Istanbul 3-0 down in the CL Final. Wit, character look at the banners and chants in the Kop and and ...

By the way as much as I dislike Everton, ManU ( rivals) I have a hell of lot of respect for them as clubs - they have history and I am sure their own 'The Way' yes times are changing with the new instant gratification generation and multicultural,international fans bases.

As you said all supporters from every club can say they have the best support or they are unique but can some clubs really say that? You ask any player what it feels like to play in front of the Kop? It will be up there with the best of them.Just look at a certain London Club with their plastic flags, copied songs and and ... You know we're I am going with that.

You're right we dont.

I don't think you should refer to anybody as young man as this is patronising and to be truthful has ageist overtones running through the post (sorry I could not resist that). It is ridiculous that you will comment on a post that you could not be bothered to read to the end. How do you know that full content of the thread. As for not understanding, that is fine we don't care. All supporters feel their club is special if they don't how are they supporters. Don't Spurs have a traditional way to play, don't Newcastle fans feel they are the best? If you want to try to belittle us stick to the football and not the Credo of our fans. Got to go or I may have started rambling again. Hodgson for England......you couldn't make it up. Good luck to him though.
  • Like 1

You're right we dont.

I don't think you should refer to anybody as young man as this is patronising and to be truthful has ageist overtones running through the post (sorry I could not resist that). It is ridiculous that you will comment on a post that you could not be bothered to read to the end. How do you know that full content of the thread. As for not understanding, that is fine we don't care. All supporters feel their club is special if they don't how are they supporters. Don't Spurs have a traditional way to play, don't Newcastle fans feel they are the best? If you want to try to belittle us stick to the football and not the Credo of our fans. Got to go or I may have started rambling again. Hodgson for England......you couldn't make it up. Good luck to him though.

Yeh whatever nelly. Waste of a post really because Dev was at work yesterday and has promised to explain the huge difference and meaning that it is when he gets a spare moment and then we can all understand why you are so special. biggrin.png

Good luck against Chelsea.

You're right we dont.

Thats the difference between us Nells, we don't mention it in every post....... in fact i might start from today 15.gif

Yeh whatever nelly. Waste of a post really because Dev was at work yesterday and has promised to explain the huge difference and meaning that it is when he gets a spare moment and then we can all understand why you are so special. biggrin.png

Good luck against Chelsea.

I think most of my posts are a waste, but what the hell. it gives me something to do.

Thats the difference between us Nells, we don't mention it in every post....... in fact i might start from today 15.gif

Mention what in every post.......? It's a bit sad that you have broken with tradition lately i.e. entered the better half of the table. oh and by the way, have you heard of this Liverpool way thing. I just thought I'd mention it

Mention what in every post.......? It's a bit sad that you have broken with tradition lately i.e. entered the better half of the table. oh and by the way, have you heard of this Liverpool way thing. I just thought I'd mention it

Bless....

Yes we've been hearing about this things of yours for an eternity and are salivating in the knowledge that its going to be explained. That is, an explanation of how and why you are different from any other football club and their fans! And believe me theres a few of us on here that can't f*cking wait!

Sorry if that sounds spiteful insultating ageist, belittling or superior.

Edited by carmine

All supporters feel their club is special if they don't how are they supporters. Don't Spurs have a traditional way to play, don't Newcastle fans feel they are the best?

That's the thing, if all clubs are "special", surely that means that in fact none are, and it is simply a figment of a supporter's imagination to think the way they feel is somehow unique to their club.

Bless....

Yes we've been hearing about this things of yours for an eternity and are salivating in the knowledge that its going to be explained. That is, an explanation of how and why you are different from any other football club and their fans! And believe me theres a few of us on here that can't f*cking wait!

No worries mate. Oh by the way have you heard about this "way" thing from Liverpool

All supporters feel their club is special if they don't how are they supporters. Don't Spurs have a traditional way to play, don't Newcastle fans feel they are the best?

That's the thing, if all clubs are "special", surely that means that in fact none are, and it is simply a figment of a supporter's imagination to think the way they feel is somehow unique to their club.

I think a figment of the imagination is going a bit far; but basically you are right. The club is only special to it's own fans, Why it is special is determined by them, and let's face it it is engrained into them by fans from a previous generation, and so a mythical aura rises around the club. We have the glory days and the good old days passed down to new fans or the bad old days or the wilderness years for the clubs that are successful now. But surely what we love about our clubs and the football world is the fact that our clubs are special to us, does it matter if it is a universally accepted fact? or if it is something that you fantasised the night before. I love my club for my own reasons and if that includes it's past players, results, successful campaigns or whatever then that is my choice. You can take the piss out of me because of it, but please don't expect me to explain it rationally or not take the piss out of you if I want to. As for the feeling being unique....there is noway on this planet that any father loves his kids more than I do, or in a more unique way. The uniqueness comes from the fact that they are unique to all other kids. This is surely how all supporters feel about their clubs, and I do not understand it if they don't.
  • Like 1

Bless....

No worries mate. Oh by the way have you heard about this "way" thing from Liverpool

Fwom Woy to Way?

Is this a new book from the sabermetric Moneyball guy?

I think a figment of the imagination is going a bit far; but basically you are right. The club is only special to it's own fans, Why it is special is determined by them, and let's face it it is engrained into them by fans from a previous generation, and so a mythical aura rises around the club. We have the glory days and the good old days passed down to new fans or the bad old days or the wilderness years for the clubs that are successful now. But surely what we love about our clubs and the football world is the fact that our clubs are special to us, does it matter if it is a universally accepted fact? or if it is something that you fantasised the night before. I love my club for my own reasons and if that includes it's past players, results, successful campaigns or whatever then that is my choice. You can take the piss out of me because of it, but please don't expect me to explain it rationally or not take the piss out of you if I want to. As for the feeling being unique....there is noway on this planet that any father loves his kids more than I do, or in a more unique way. The uniqueness comes from the fact that they are unique to all other kids. This is surely how all supporters feel about their clubs, and I do not understand it if they don't.

Now thats a good post nelly. Sure we all feel our clubs special. teh big difference is when clowns start really believing they are different! And how someone "gets us" or just can't get us <deleted>! Its embarrassing. And Different how? Is Dev half human half vulcan perhaps? i don't know and i'll stand corrected if i'm proven wrong.

You've put a sensible angle on this but the whole were different crap is nauseating. No more comments until sharecropper gets his reply....which ofcourse he won't.

• Like 1

I think we are finally near the truth in this philosophical discourse.

There is No Special Liverpool Way. They are just like any other football team. Their fans are their same - their history is just that - History, totally irrelevant to the mess they now find themselves in (except to cruelly magnify it), and they are as moody, fickle, irrational and faith-based as every other footy fan, usually with no or little reason.

I think we can now proceed disregarding the presumed aura of Specialness in our future dealings with Liverpool and its fans.

I tell you, I am very relieved about this. I had panicked a bit, wondering why my team, Everton, weren't Special. Where was Our Way I could boast about?

I even thought if I should pack my lot in and cross the park, as they all seemed to have some secret belief and derived confidence, arrogance even, from their Liverpool Way which no other team or supporters had.

Now I realise it's just the same footballing psychology as everyone else, except they are unusued to being down and mid-table dirty, which has made many supporters arrogant and desperate for something Greater to believe in; The Liverpool Way swooping down Superman-like to save them, and deposit them back at the top of the table.

Now I think I'll stay where I am.

• Like 1

Carmine - I was typing mine as you were typing yours!

biggrin.png I allowed myself to really irritated by this "were different" thing. Stupid me! Done with it now! Oh and believe me you won't get a reply to your questions.

They are infact half vulcan

I think we are finally near the truth in this philosophical discourse.

There is No Special Liverpool Way. They are just like any other football team. Their fans are their same - their history is just that - History, totally irrelevant to the mess they now find themselves in (except to cruelly magnify it), and they are as moody, fickle, irrational and faith-based as every other footy fan, usually with no or little reason.

I think we can now proceed disregarding the presumed aura of Specialness in our future dealings with Liverpool and its fans.

I tell you, I am very relieved about this. I had panicked a bit, wondering why my team, Everton, weren't Special. Where was Our Way I could boast about?

I even thought if I should pack my lot in and cross the park, as they all seemed to have some secret belief and derived confidence, arrogance even, from their Liverpool Way which no other team or supporters had.

Now I realise it's just the same footballing psychology as everyone else, except they are unusued to being down and mid-table dirty, which has made many supporters arrogant and desperate for something Greater to believe in; The Liverpool Way swooping down Superman-like to save them, and deposit them back at the top of the table.

Now I think I'll stay where I am.

As far as I can tell Sharecropper, you dont support Everton at all.

You simply obsess about Liverpool. Or maybe that is the 'Everton Way'.

• Like 1

Spiteful comment Abby

true though. many evertonians sing about liverpool almost as much as man united do. yet strangely liverpool don't sing songs about either of those two except when we're playing against them. curious.

pisspoor result again last night but almost expected really. not many increased their claims for a starting berth on saturday in the cup final. fingers crossed we're saving up one of those good, organised performances we've put in against chelsea three times already this season.

Are we not all obsessed with the demise or decline of a once great club?

Look at the Man U in decline thread that you have all commented on for instance wai.gif

Hmmm I still think you'll finish in the top half. More luck than judgement though!

if you want to bring luck into it smokie then we've hit the woodwork far, far more than any other side this season. if all the post and bar-hitting chances had gone in apparently we'd be third.

so i'll leave luck out of it. we need to make major changes this summer and i think we will. the owners haven't really spent very much money yet so if they are serious about getting the club back up to the top with regular champions league football then they're going to have to step up.

and before all the clowns leap in with 'but but but kenny's spent over 100m!!!' - the net spend since the FSG owners bought the club for a knockdown price off the two cowboys is around 35m. and that includes money from revenues generated on merchandising, marketing etc. so they have hardly gone all mansour on us.

Spiteful comment Abby

true though. many evertonians sing about liverpool almost as much as man united do. yet strangely liverpool don't sing songs about either of those two except when we're playing against them. curious.

pisspoor result again last night but almost expected really. not many increased their claims for a starting berth on saturday in the cup final. fingers crossed we're saving up one of those good, organised performances we've put in against chelsea three times already this season.

Poor result yes but their eyes are on the final. The performance against Norwich was impressive.

Hmmm I still think you'll finish in the top half. More luck than judgement though!

if you want to bring luck into it smokie then we've hit the woodwork far, far more than any other side this season. if all the post and bar-hitting chances had gone in apparently we'd be third.

so i'll leave luck out of it. we need to make major changes this summer and i think we will. the owners haven't really spent very much money yet so if they are serious about getting the club back up to the top with regular champions league football then they're going to have to step up.

and before all the clowns leap in with 'but but but kenny's spent over 100m!!!' - the net spend since the FSG owners bought the club for a knockdown price off the two cowboys is around 35m. and that includes money from revenues generated on merchandising, marketing etc. so they have hardly gone all mansour on us.

We had the same luck last year Stevie. Mind you we haven't been lucky enough to have £35m spent on our side this season either. Our net spend is £-27m over the same period!

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/transfer-fees-v-league-positions/premier-league-2007-2011.html

Carmine - I was typing mine as you were typing yours!

biggrin.png I allowed myself to really irritated by this "were different" thing. Stupid me! Done with it now! Oh and believe me you won't get a reply to your questions.

They are infact half vulcan

Strange that two so called football experts such as 'Darling and Bitter' who are happy to call me names for simply suggesting that there is a 'Liverpool Way' and that in itself FOR ME makes my club different not better... although History would prove that The Liverpool Way has given us our impressive trophy haul and suggests we have been better than most clubs.

Given the sudden obsession from 'Darling' with the subject it seems strange that they have no idea what this is...Even our so called non footballing knowledgable American Owners seem to recognise there is a 'Liverpool Way' so again there must be a lot of "Wacos and Vulcans"according to Bitter and Darling ;)

- After watching Liverpool’s 2-0 victory at Sunderland John W. Henry responded to enquiries about contract talks with Kenny Dalglish by sidestepping the question. “…what is going on in that regard is private.†Henry replied; “It is something called the Liverpool way. You do these things behind closed doors…†In an instant he proved that he has learnt more about Liverpool Football Club and its supporters in six months than Hicks and Gillett bothered to find out in three and a half desperate years.

Let me guess still speaking Vulcan?

The Liverpool way stood for the way the club was groomed, nurtured and had its values set by first Bill Shankly and second Bob Paisley. We all know the history and how through the ages mangers such as Shanks, Pailsey, Fagan, Evans and Kenny all had very different charcters but the same values ' The Liverpool Way'

And you must be an absolute noob to English football history if you have never heard of the 'Boot Room' which it's very essence is 'The Liverpool Way' and the outcry when a certain Mr Souness dismantled this in a short 3 year period and not forgetting the relationship with the media changed and his comment in a certain paper.

Are you still keeping up Darling and Bitter?

No...? Values were set out by the early men Honest, hard working, truthful working class men. Their teams mirrored them as did the club. Their teams did all their talking on the pitch.Shankly forged a unique bond with the fans, one of total belief and trust - do you see they similarity here Rafa, King Kenny???Everything he did every breath he drew, was for our benefit. He was our living, beating heart. His legacy has been passed down, and with it every Liverpool manager has to carry that responsibility.

If a manger carries forward the same understanding of what Shankly created he will be rewarded with our total support. We couldn't give a dam_n about the opinions of outsiders or Darlngs or Bitters...Rafa Benitez understood the "Liverpool Way " from day one and with the return of Kenny Dalglish the Liverpool Way continues. That for me is they key point !

More... Sok here is an post from a another LFC supporter on the very subject... It certainly sounds familiar to me and plenty of others I have read all with their own impression of the Liverpool Way.

The Liverpool Way The first thing that springs to mind me when the phrase crops up is a certain style of play on the pitch, the pass and move attacking football that reached its pinnacle during Dalglish’s first stint in charge. Kenny did not begin the tradition, of course: the blueprint was laid down by Bill Shankly and refined by Bob Paisley and Joe Fagan after him. Shankly’s vision was to create a team of players who all played for each other. Selfish individualism was never the hallmark of the great Liverpool sides which is why it was always true to say that no single player is ever more important than the club. After some ten years of more conservative European tactics the Anfield crowd are currently being treated to a return to pass and move now that Dalglish has the helm again.

The style of play is only part of the equation, however, and Kenny has also helped reintroduce another of the Shankly/Paisley trademarks which was torn asunder by Hicks and Gillett. After all the upheaval and public degradation that came with the final days of the previous owners, Dalglish has reminded the world’s media that Liverpool expect their staff, players and even their owners to behave with more dignity when it comes to club matters. You could paraphrase the underlying intent as a desire not to do the club’s laundry in public. While the press continue to try and snatch a story out of nothing by claiming that Dalglish and John W. Henry are being ‘coy’ over contract talks, what the owner and manager are actually doing is refusing to discuss media speculation. As Kenny said for several days while the Torres saga was drawing to its inevitable climax, he is only prepared to talk about issues when there is something definite to talk about. It’s a polite and dignified way of telling reporters that the internal business affairs of Liverpool Football Club are none of their business until such time as an official statement is made.

On and off the pitch, then, the Liverpool way is about commitment to the cause and dignity under the media spotlight. But perhaps the most vital piece of the jigsaw is the club’s relationship with and attitude towards the fans. Shankly understood how fortunate he was to manage a team that mattered so much to its supporters. He felt such an affinity with the fans that they accepted him as one of their own. He knew as well as they did how honoured he was to be overseeing their dreams and aspirations every time he spoke to the press or wrote player’s names down on a team-sheet. Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish and Roy Evans also fully understood the privilege that underpins taking up the mantle of Liverpool manager. Over the past twenty years, however, more than one of the club’s subsequent managers might be accused of believing it was more about their own egotistical career progress than about being custodian of the hopes of Liverpool supporters. And, it goes without saying, our previous owners thought owning the club was more about making a ludicrous profit than it was about restoring and maintaining traditions that stretch back to days when they were still wearing short trousers.

In the current owner and the man he has chosen to steer Liverpool out of the doldrums Hicks and Gillett left it nearly stranded in, the supporters finally have two figures who understand the three-part equation that is the Liverpool way. By returning the club to time-honoured practices it is now possible to look to the future with optimism once again. It could be argued that there is a fourth element to consider if we are to believe the club has truly returned to Shankly’s blueprint. Some say that Liverpool need to be winning cup competitions and, most importantly of all, reclaiming the domestic league title before we can truly see the restoration of the Liverpool way. I disagree. The Liverpool way is not about the shiny trophies that successful teams can accrue; it is the fundamental philosophy that must run throughout the club. It just so happens that once that philosophy is understood and practiced by everyone at Liverpool, from the owner through to the trainees and the canteen staff, then it becomes increasingly likely that the trophies will return as well.