Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Just been reading Brendan Rodgers Wilkpedia page, did not know he had to retire at 20 due to a gentice knee condition.

Also his managerial career games 165 for w 68 d 37 l 60 win % 41.21.

With LFC, w 6 d 4 l 4 win % 42.86 so he is doing better at liverpool than his career average.

Even if he does try to play good football he looks a very average manager to me.

http://en.wikipedia....Rodgers#Watford

He is nev ...an average manager that has also been very lucky in taking over Liverpool at their poorest so it really does not matter to much what he does at the moment ....give him time though and the shed-heads will be calling time on his fantasy football, the one thing he is fortunate with is they do have some good youngsters and it is not a choice of his to play them...HE HAS TO!! because the rest are very average.still it must be time for them to buy another midfielder eh? tongue.png

Sterling work Brendan wink.png keep it up!

the one thing he is fortunate with is they do have some good youngsters and it is not a choice of his to play them...HE HAS TO!!

ah, wrong as ever. still at least you're consistent mr ed.

he does have a choice. he could play senior pros like jose enrique and jamie carragher, england internationals downing, henderson and joe cole. so he has actually chosen to play them you see.

the one thing he is fortunate with is they do have some good youngsters and it is not a choice of his to play them...HE HAS TO!!

he does have a choice. he could play senior pros like jose enrique and jamie carragher, england internationals downing, henderson and joe cole. so he has actually chosen to play them you see.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif play Carragher and Cole??? be sensible mate.... that's like United still playing Neville and er...Owen! laugh.png

He has ended Drownings Anfield career already and the same can be said for Enrique through his badmouthing of players publicly.....which by the way is definitely not the Liverpool way is it? Add carthorse Carroll to that "i don't do desperation" w00t.gif

England internationals cheesy.gif you are funny!! still he loves Luis Suarez tongue.png

The fact is Stevie he has bad mouthed the old guard as you well know and knows if he picks youngsters it will give him a little more time,watching Liverpool play at the moment is dire and the atmosphere at Anfailed is <deleted> because of it...that is from a Liverpool mate of mine.....

Quite funny this. Mindyou, these young lads should be there on merit. They look better players than the likes of henderson and Downing. Carraghers way too slow these days anyways.

Its a fair point about Rodgers though. Baring in mind his record he's done rather well in his latest employment. That said, i'd have had no complaints if he's been appointed at Spurs because i do think the potentials there

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif play Carragher and Cole??? be sensible mate.... that's like United still playing Neville and er...Owen! laugh.png

He has ended Drownings Anfield career already and the same can be said for Enrique through his badmouthing of players publicly.....which by the way is definitely not the Liverpool way is it? Add carthorse Carroll to that "i don't do desperation" w00t.gif

England internationals cheesy.gif you are funny!! still he loves Luis Suarez tongue.png

The fact is Stevie he has bad mouthed the old guard as you well know and knows if he picks youngsters it will give him a little more time,watching Liverpool play at the moment is dire and the atmosphere at Anfailed is <deleted> because of it...that is from a Liverpool mate of mine.....

Cole was the red herring in his post surely? biggrin.png

Quite funny this. Mindyou, these young lads should be there on merit. They look better players than the likes of henderson and Downing. Carraghers way too slow these days anyways.

Its a fair point about Rodgers though. Baring in mind his record he's done rather well in his latest employment. That said, i'd have had no complaints if he's been appointed at Spurs because i do think the potentials there

it's a catch-22 really, i'm delighted to see sterling, suso and wisdom getting a game on merit and i think that shelvey could become a hell of a player in time. but it's tempered by the sheer disappointment with downing, cole, enrique etc. i'd actually sack downing if what's been rumoured about him in training is true.

really hoping we get to see a bit more of yesil the young striker soon too.

Heard it before just not from the mouth of one of your own. Weird.

I'm happy bashing my own players when i feel it is justified... but bashing my own club?.... nah, don't get that. Doesn't sound like you do either...

it's bizarre. i don't know the lad who posted it but am going to stick my neck out and guess that he's never been to see liverpool play at home.

i remember seeing a lad at anfield get strips torn off him and be lucky to escape a shoeing for calling benitez the fat spanish waiter. no, i simply do not get it in any way.

Have been to Anfield only twice a few years ago,not sure what this has to do with my post,however this was just my thoughts on the usual start to a season....well behind the top order,who are all smashing the back of the net.

I am in Australia at the moment for a short while

w00t.gif

Get yourself down to newcastle and watch Emile Heskey. The fact that he's that far away from Anfield should improve your mood.

I miss quoted and my network went down so I couldn't edit. I was surprised at the Aus League teams being able to challenge Liverpool comment, not the lad being in Australia.

Your psychic powers are a little off, I was delighted with 3 points and a clean sheet yesterday, still am now. thumbsup.gif

Newcastle is up me boy from Sydney??and yes there a more than a few sides here that would match it with a few premier league teams.As for Heskey he has settled in well,scored 2 goals so far.My mood is fine,just get so frustrated that we cant get off to a good solid start for once

Have been to Anfield only twice a few years ago,not sure what this has to do with my post,however this was just my thoughts on the usual start to a season....well behind the top order,who are all smashing the back of the net.

you called it 'anfailed' in your previous post friend. that's not normal behaviour for a liverpool supporter.

My biggest concern with the way we are playing is we look so vulnerable to the counter attack and at times look to be in a panic when anyone runs at the back four.I still think we are missing Lucas who use to cover when we pushed on and the likes of Allen, Shelvey or Shahin cant replace what he does as DMF. Also Gerrard seems to spend way to much time tracking back putting in last ditch tackles.

We STILL can't take our chances and Suarez finishing is so erratic, the pressure is clearly showing as he is doing/ trying to much all over the pitch when he should be nearer the box.

Expecting nothing less than the owners to dig deep for a quality striker/ finisher in January but I won't hold my breath...

My biggest concern with the way we are playing is we look so vulnerable to the counter attack and at times look to be in a panic when anyone runs at the back four.I still think we are missing Lucas who use to cover when we pushed on and the likes of Allen, Shelvey or Shahin cant replace what he does as DMF. Also Gerrard seems to spend way to much time tracking back putting in last ditch tackles.

We STILL can't take our chances and Suarez finishing is so erratic, the pressure is clearly showing as he is doing/ trying to much all over the pitch when he should be nearer the box.

Expecting nothing less than the owners to dig deep for a quality striker/ finisher in January but I won't hold my breath...

i think we're missing lucas hugely and his absence affects the way the fullbacks get forward and also how gerrard plays as you say.

I watched the game against Reading and thought the first half was really exciting, I loved it,but the second half was a bit too edgy for me.I agree we still need to get more goals, though if we win 1-0 every week I won't care. I thought the football was crisp and direct for at least 45 mins. People can say it was only Reading (a massive insult to them), but you still need to be able to play like that in the first place. I also agree that we have had to play the young guns, as the old guard are over the hill, and it's time for a new dawn. Seriously though I'm glad we are playing the lads. I wanted to see them last season, Stirling and Souso have been revelations, long live the revolution and it's the new resolution that our resuscitation will be the resurrection of our reputation

"Sterling" and "Suso" have been revelations, indeed! :) I am excited by both of these players but I think it's obvious they are still learning their trade. Sterling with the winning goal will help him. They are not stars yet, but because they are young new faces in the team and have obvious talent it gives us hope for the future. The expectations need to be managed with players like this but it's nice to see them given a chance, and Wisdom has done well too.

I think we miss Lucas greatly as others have said. I think it's no coincidence that our form really tanked ever since he was injured last year. I hope he's not going to become one of those players who picks up injuries too often and derails what could be a great career. I think we actually have a real quality midfield but without him the balance just isn't quite there as perfectly as it could be.

That said, we have to play without him for now. I think we were nervous against Reading in the second half because the players are not used to winning as of late. I think that will change as the group gels more. It's the sign of a team with some confidence issues and due to the way many games have gone in 2012 I think we have to be honest and recognize it's been an issue.

• Like 1

I don't recall the likes of Shanks or Ferguson being world class managers when they took the helm at Liverpool and Utd. Anyone who can't see that we are playing a better brand of football under Rogers is thick. The problem is he doesn't quite have the balance in terms of squad personnel and for me thats down to lack or backing by the owners.

I think the owners could come end of season end up regretting not backing him further, time will tell. The senior players he has are either not good enough or simply not motivated so a spell on the bench is needed.

Time is something managers are not afforded in this day and age and if they sack him they will I think in may fans eyes look weak and clueless. Kenny wasn't really their man but they had to give him a chance if anything to placate the fans or face a backlash. That didn't work out so they need to give Rogers time to deliver.

I don't recall the likes of Shanks or Ferguson being world class managers when they took the helm at Liverpool and Utd. Anyone who can't see that we are playing a better brand of football under Rogers is thick. The problem is he doesn't quite have the balance in terms of squad personnel and for me thats down to lack or backing by the owners.

I think the owners could come end of season end up regretting not backing him further, time will tell. The senior players he has are either not good enough or simply not motivated so a spell on the bench is needed.

Time is something managers are not afforded in this day and age and if they sack him they will I think in may fans eyes look weak and clueless. Kenny wasn't really their man but they had to give him a chance if anything to placate the fans or face a backlash. That didn't work out so they need to give Rogers time to deliver.

i understand what you are saying but i don't think you realise the owners true agenda.

I very much doubt they will sack Rodgers either, They are fully aware that they did not back him in the t/f window but not spending was the agenda and they stuck to it. if the manager can keep you mid table or slightly higher and the revenues keep tumbling in then they will be fine. On a positive for Liverpool supporters i doubt their ownership of the club will be longterm because they just want extra funding to put into the Red Sox. Supporters just have to hope that the future owners have the clubs footballing interests at heart

team for anzhi tonight:

jones; wisdom, skrtel, agger, johnson; gerrard, sahin, shelvey; downing, suarez, assaidi.

i do not like this one jot. brendan is taking a hell of a gamble here with the tricky blues away on sunday. suarez should be nowhere near this squad tonight. nor should gerrard either.

Not only that...i would guess leaking the team out at such an early light is disappointing for the Liverpool management team,that Chung guy or whatever his name was ?? seems there are more people who do it.

They could have won by 5 or 6 last night had they been more clinical up front.... But story of their season ect. Tell you what though that Assaidi was MOTM for me. Quick, composed and likes to get forward.

Aggers disallowed goal was funny. 5555

Nice warm-up for tomorrow. He's right of course, that cheating scumbag ruined the game last season when he got Rodwell wrongly sent off.

http://www.dailymail...avid-Moyes.html

hahaha. you don't think he rather undermined his entire stance with the absurd andy johnson comments at the end? moyes is a clown.

Moyes is no clown. Consistently gets the most out of a small budget and an average team.

As a by-the-by, is there an Everton thread on here? Sharecropper?