Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

2 wonderful assists from Continho last night, this kid looks the real deal. He's done more for LFC in 2 matches than Joe Cole did in 3 years

he was excellent. great things to come from the front three of coutinho, suarez and sturridge.

• Like 1

2 wonderful assists from Continho last night, this kid looks the real deal. He's done more for LFC in 2 matches than Joe Cole did in 3 years

he was excellent. great things to come from the front three of coutinho, suarez and sturridge.

Yes. looks like its going to be an interesting game next sunday doesn't it.

I think Liverpool may - MAY, mind you - have rounded the proverbial 'corner' and will be a force to be reckoned with for 3/4th next season with Spurs and the Arse.

Here we go!!! biggrin.png I can feel Alfie homing in on this thread as we speak.

Truth is Bob. i don't think many of us doubt Liverpool have top drawer performances in them and could beat anyone on the day. But for 3/4th you need to do it over a season and without considerable spend on a number of extra players its not going to happen. Turning the corner means consistency in my book not the odd great performance and then a nasty dip.

Rodgers is the right man but a number of things need to happen first before he can realistically be asked to challenge for top four. I already wondering what Liverpool will turn up next weekend. I happen to think you'll really be up for it unfortunately

I think Liverpool may - MAY, mind you - have rounded the proverbial 'corner' and will be a force to be reckoned with for 3/4th next season with Spurs and the Arse.

Here we go!!! biggrin.png I can feel Alfie homing in on this thread as we speak.

Truth is Bob. i don't think many of us doubt Liverpool have top drawer performances in them and could beat anyone on the day. But for 3/4th you need to do it over a season and without considerable spend on a number of extra players its not going to happen. Turning the corner means consistency in my book not the odd great performance and then a nasty dip.

Rodgers is the right man but a number of things need to happen first before he can realistically be asked to challenge for top four. I already wondering what Liverpool will turn up next weekend. I happen to think you'll really be up for it unfortunately

Although am often guilty of the same optimism after 2 good matches, I think you meant my old mate HeavyDrinkerwink.png In fairness he did say MAY.

I think we have come along though whistling.gif

Edited by BangrakBob

Although am often guilty of the same optimism after 2 good matches, I think you meant my old mate HeavyDrinkerwink.png In fairness he did say MAY.

I think we have come along though whistling.gif

Oh yes, and i must say i loved the assumption i think he was making by not naming Chelsea. The assumption being they will just buy their way out of it again!

• Like 1

I'll be amazed if Sturridge keeps up his current enthusiasm. He's started off at a sprint and with something to prove but there's just something about his attitude that finds him trotting along when he should actually being do the sprint. Maybe wrong and maybe he's grown up and changed his attitude. He was always a "Nani" to me and in his head thought he was better than he really was.

I'll be amazed if Sturridge keeps up his current enthusiasm. He's started off at a sprint and with something to prove but there's just something about his attitude that finds him trotting along when he should actually being do the sprint. Maybe wrong and maybe he's grown up and changed his attitude. He was always a "Nani" to me and in his head thought he was better than he really was.

yeah, perhaps he's just grown up. perhaps he's not surrounded by super-egos and is just happy. he's playing with a smile on his face which is not something i recall him doing at city or chelsea.

yeah, perhaps he's just grown up. perhaps he's not surrounded by super-egos and is just happy. he's playing with a smile on his face which is not something i recall him doing at city or chelsea.

Could well be stevie

When Sterling came busting onto the scene at the beginning of the season, to much accolade, i raised fears on here i had that he might not be able to sustain it very long. I have the same sorts of fears for Sturridge, just for different reasons. With Sterling it was to do with his age and to do with it all happening too quickly. With Sturridge i see him as a peak and troughs sort of man. What you are seeing right now is his peak. Just my opinion...

Only time will tell...

In the meantime they do look to have more about them. They still need to add a few more bodies in the summer. Cover for Carra and probably another defender tbh. A full time replacement for Gerrard too.

Baby steps.

Only time will tell... In the meantime they do look to have more about them. They still need to add a few more bodies in the summer. Cover for Carra and probably another defender tbh. A full time replacement for Gerrard too. Baby steps.

Cover for Carra? Thought this was his last season. No?

Absolutely agree, this trio looks like it could be really good. Liverpool are starting to play some good stuff and a joy to watch at times. I was a bit surprised at the chances Wigan had from crosses and Reina made a couple of brilliant saves.... do you need a big guy at the back?

Something else he didn't do at City or Chelsea - maintain consistent form, and be accused of consistently being up for it. Maybe you're right, and he's changed, but right now you lot must be praying Suarez doesn't do a runner in the summer, because in terms of saviours, Sturridge (with or without only Coutinho) is unlikely to be it.

Something else he didn't do at City or Chelsea - maintain consistent form, and be accused of consistently being up for it. Maybe you're right, and he's changed, but right now you lot must be praying Suarez doesn't do a runner in the summer, because in terms of saviours, Sturridge (with or without only Coutinho) is unlikely to be it.

To be fair to Sturridge, at City he was still a young lad and so didn't get too many run outs and at Chelsea, he didn't get too many run outs due to injury. Therefore, trying to get a consistent form going is hard.

Should be a cracker. Both teams playing an attractive game of late, with Suarez and Bale on fire. Wish the game didn't clash time wise with ours.

yeah bad scheduling today that. i would've liked to watch both as well.

spurs are on fire at the moment. hoping the extra bit of rest we've had over them might give us an edge. sturridge passed fit apparently so the debate is whether or not he comes back in for coutinho or downing and who the third in the middle is with gerrard and lucas.

Should be a cracker. Both teams playing an attractive game of late, with Suarez and Bale on fire. Wish the game didn't clash time wise with ours.

Yep I can't believe the FA have ballsed that up, hope to catch the last half hour of it

Yep I can't believe the FA have ballsed that up, hope to catch the last half hour of it

Rugby is on at the same time i think too. Be stuffed without PVR.

Oh sh*te I forgot about that too. I need to get a recording box.

If you are using Turd Visions, just get an external drive, plug it in, and Bob's your uncle... although in your case probably one Bob in the family is enough, right?... wink.png

Edited by rixalex

yeah bad scheduling today that. i would've liked to watch both as well.

spurs are on fire at the moment. hoping the extra bit of rest we've had over them might give us an edge. sturridge passed fit apparently so the debate is whether or not he comes back in for coutinho or downing and who the third in the middle is with gerrard and lucas.

BR will want to starve possession and block off midfield runs. Allen played well with Gerrard & Lucas last week. I reckon he'll play the same again. This also gives an option to switch things up in attack if we go behind.

Be hard to leave Coutinho out of starting XI after last week, I think he should start Coutinho instead of Downing

If you are using Turd Visions, just get an external drive, plug it in, and away you go.

Thanks for the heads up Rix but I am in Middle East for 12 months, waiting for the bloke to come and fix the tv cable

We'll sit back and hit you on the break.

Be funny to see Carragher hobbling along behind Gareth.....! biggrin.png

To be fair to Carragher he has had a resurgence lately and been performing well i think the game will be decided by a penalty.

We'll sit back and hit you on the break.

Be funny to see Carragher hobbling along behind Gareth.....! biggrin.png

think you do carragher a bit of a disservice there. he's played against better than bale and his game's never been about pace anyway.

our rumoured team is a bit too attacking for my liking. front six is lucas, gerrard, downing, coutinho, suarez, sturridge. which must mean downing playing in the middle three, unless for some bizarre reason we're suddenly reverting to 4-4-2.