Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Soooooooooo........if Rafa leaves Chelsea as expected in the summer, would you guys like him to replace BR? No, I don't think it would happen, the question is would you like it to happen?

Jose at Chelsea, Rafa at Chelsea, it would just be like the last decade didn't happened.....

You've tried to foist him on us yesterday. Just accept it...he's getting a new five year deal for winning the FA Cup. .:)

Now, now, that's fighting talk there!

Guess I'm not the only one thinking of it though....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2306315/Rafa-Benitez-I-return-Liverpool-manager.html

Soooooooooo........if Rafa leaves Chelsea as expected in the summer, would you guys like him to replace BR? No, I don't think it would happen, the question is would you like it to happen?

Jose at Chelsea, Rafa at Chelsea, it would just be like the last decade didn't happened.....

You've tried to foist him on us yesterday. Just accept it...he's getting a new five year deal for winning the FA Cup. .smile.png

Now, now, that's fighting talk there!

Guess I'm not the only one thinking of it though....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2306315/Rafa-Benitez-I-return-Liverpool-manager.html

Maybe Moyes is headed to the bridge? clap2.gif

Won't happen. The Rafa scenario anyway. He has probably already deen through these ownwers anyway. Rodgers is a talented young manager in his first big job and is probably prepared to put up with more than an older more time served manager.

Jose to chelsea could well happen. Well suited as Redknapp would be too. Say no more. If that happens there will be another big spending spree.

Talking about big spending, i wonder which club will find a way of bypassing FFP and make a mockery of it?

• Like 1

I'll bet you 25 satang it's Jose. :-)

Correct and a wondefully suited candidate.. Pretend to be a big club with big rivalries, plunder the transfer market, buy another league title, then sit back and sneer at the rest of us. Right up Jose's street.

Edited by carmine

Won't happen. The Rafa scenario anyway. He has probably already deen through these ownwers anyway. Rodgers is a talented young manager in his first big job and is probably prepared to put up with more than an older more time served manager.

Jose to chelsea could well happen. Well suited as Redknapp would be too. Say no more. If that happens there will be another big spending spree.

Talking about big spending, i wonder which club will find a way of bypassing FFP and make a mockery of it?

Rumours awash that City are budgeting £150 million, and they surely must be the only club that could pull it off. Every brother, cousin, uncles cousins aunt who own a company that is apparently not owned by the one family will buy or sponsor something to do with the club. They already did that with the stadium sponsorship. All paid by the gift from mother earth to a country's people.....ehmmmm....one family wink.png

can we still discuss whether or not paolo di canio is a fascist? how british government policies are pricing young fans out of the game? how about hillsborough, the biggest political cover-up in british history which lied about the deaths of 96 football supporters? just so we're clear like.

Unbelievable

interesting that you consider that to be "unbelievable" as opposed to the hillsborough scandal and cover-up of the deaths of football supporters by the way. but then you never did say what team you 'support' did you?

I underlined the part i thought to be unbelievable, how on earth are the government responsible for the ludicrous prices clubs charge?

rafa benitez should never have left liverpool, he hadn't finished what he started. but coming back now? not going to happen. but damn he gave us some good times.

can we still discuss whether or not paolo di canio is a fascist? how british government policies are pricing young fans out of the game? how about hillsborough, the biggest political cover-up in british history which lied about the deaths of 96 football supporters? just so we're clear like.

Unbelievable

interesting that you consider that to be "unbelievable" as opposed to the hillsborough scandal and cover-up of the deaths of football supporters by the way. but then you never did say what team you 'support' did you?

I underlined the part i thought to be unbelievable, how on earth are the government responsible for the ludicrous prices clubs charge?

deregulation of financial markets, fact that most working class people have no money now, traditional regional industries having been destroyed, over a million young people out of work and can't afford a ticket to monopoly sky-fuelled matches these days leading to shit atmosphere in most premier league grounds? i'll leave it to your massive intellect to work it out.

Unbelievable

deregulation of financial markets, fact that most working class people have no money now, traditional regional industries having been destroyed, over a million young people out of work and can't afford a ticket to monopoly sky-fuelled matches these days leading to shit atmosphere in most premier league grounds? i'll leave it to your massive intellect to work it out.

Many working and lower middle classes under 40 have more free cash to spend being as theyve got to live at home with mummy and daddy due to the unaffordability of houses aided and abetted by NuLabour for 13 years to stay in power and then by them propping up the banks with QE and 0.5, mass immigration thus lowering the wages of working class Brits is also a problem you'd clearly like to ignore as you've a small intellect.

And Sky does not have a monopoly on football, they havent for years, instead football supporters now have the pleasure of paying SKY and some American company to watch games, in my opinion a SKY monopoly was far better.

If it wasnt for SKY you wouldnt be on this forum as English football wouldnt be the global brand its become, and you wouldnt be getting 10 matches every week.

Alex McCarthy stopped us from winning last night, but it was still an ordinary display for large spells in the match, bring on summer

You lack the necessary creativity methinks Bob. You had the possession and should have won. Or maybe Liverpool need to make fewer unecessary passes and get more direct?

Alex McCarthy stopped us from winning last night, but it was still an ordinary display for large spells in the match, bring on summer

You lack the necessary creativity methinks Bob. You had the possession and should have won. Or maybe Liverpool need to make fewer unecessary passes and get more direct?

I think it's a combination of both Carmine and not adapting. Teams know what we are going to do and they can defend it knowing there is every chance they can nick a goal.

Back to relying on Suarez to score, need another goal scorer. Hopefully Sturridge will find form again, but still think we need another scorer.

We'll see......in my opinion BR has only bought 2 players (Coutinho and Sturridge) since in tenure, i'm not sure how much he could really do in the first summer. So well see if FSG backs him and he brings in who he wants and we see more dimensions to our game.

Edited by BangrakBob

26 shots, 15 on target? One of those days where you could have played for two days and not scored.

Or should I say Another One of those days.

The only difference to the other "another one" days is the opposition usually score.

When the commentators say "it's a Liverpool here" that's usually a cue for the opposition to score biggrin.png

crowd reaction at sunday's match is going to be interesting. benitez will get a great reception from the crowd and chelsea's fans will probably boo him. weird. there's also to be a minute's silence for the amazing anne williams, hope it's properly observed.

crowd reaction at sunday's match is going to be interesting. benitez will get a great reception from the crowd and chelsea's fans will probably boo him. weird. there's also to be a minute's silence for the amazing anne williams, hope it's properly observed.

I reckon the Kop will sing for Rafa just to wind up the Chavs on Sunday biggrin.png

Some clubs have played more game than others.It changes slightly if you look at points per game.

Man U.........................1.404

Liverpool....................1.338

Arsenal.......................1.322

Chelsea......................1.223

Tottenham..................1.211

Everton.......................1.179

Aston Villa...................1.167

Newcastle....................1.133

Man C.........................1.106

Sunderland.................1.055

Interestingly if you replace Liverpool with Man C it's the same top six for the current table.

Edited by sumrit

Some clubs have played more game than others.It changes slightly if you look at points per game.

Interestingly if you replace Liverpool with Man C it's the same top six for the current table.

damn it I was hoping amount of games would go unnoticed whistling.gif

Edited by BangrakBob

What's the crack then gents?

Will it be free spending on the Wirral in the summer?

I think the best we can hope for is shrewd business, mostly squad fillers and maybe 1 or 2 potential star makers. Our youth teams are in pretty good shape, particularly the under 21's so I expect we should see a few more come through.

damn it I was hoping amount of games would go unnoticed whistling.gif

Never mind, at least you can say Liverpool have spent more time in top flight football than anybody else............................apart from Everton of coursewhistling.gifwai2.gif

• Like 1

I think the best we can hope for is shrewd business, mostly squad fillers and maybe 1 or 2 potential star makers. Our youth teams are in pretty good shape, particularly the under 21's so I expect we should see a few more come through.

that's probably about the size of it. christian eriksen at ajax seems to be a genuine link though, he's a good prospect. most important thing of course is keeping hold of suarez.

club has announced that there will be a minute's applause for anne williams rather than the silence. should hopefully drown out any potential morons.

that's probably about the size of it. christian eriksen at ajax seems to be a genuine link though, he's a good prospect. most important thing of course is keeping hold of suarez.

club has announced that there will be a minute's applause for anne williams rather than the silence. should hopefully drown out any potential morons.

Eriksen would be a great signing.

I like the applause to celebrate someone's life and it will avoid idiots inciting violence with a lack of respect. Glad Anne was able to see her crusade finally get some results, a remarkable women, may she rest in peace.

• Like 1

Eriksen is very good indeed. Would love to see him in a Spurs shirt.

ajax fan mate of mine reckons he's a bit hit and miss but he is still very young. capable of all sorts though, really talented. supposedly also a big admirer of danny agger which might help our cause.