Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I'd like to see Ibe getting get a shot. Sterling seems to just run as fast as he can then loss the ball, if he does get a pass away it's pretty ineffective. Missed the mighty Lucas, still lacking depth I can see a couple more injuries and we could easily get hammered by a relegation battling side (without a striker) like West Ham at home biggrin.png

we've got to be careful with sterling, he still shouldn't be playing as much as he is really. he's 18 <deleted>.

centre mid remains a concern any which way, we're just not bossing games which lets opponents come back into it in second halves. no way should a side as bad as palace have had such encouragement in a second half. that should have been put to bed four and five after half-time.

Michael Owen was 17, Ian Callaghan 18 and lots of other players at other clubs i.e Fabregas, Rooney, Milner have started at a young age and turned out OK. I've seen Sterling play quite a bit and I'm not convinced that he's going to get a lot better........time will tell.

But I hope he proves me wrong. smile.png

Edited by uptheos

Michael Owen was 17, Ian Callaghan 18 and lots of other players at other clubs i.e Fabregas, Rooney, Milner have started at a young age and turned out OK. I've seen Sterling play quite a bit and I'm not convinced that he's going to get a lot better........time will tell.

But I hope he proves me wrong. smile.png

When Sterling broke onto the scene i did say on this thread that i generally feel more confident with the players who rise a bit more slowly and gradually. Those who arrive with a bang often end up flattering to deceive. Perhaps it's a case of them feeling like they have already made it, and hence, dropping offer giving that extra 10% in training or something. For some reason, i had a feeling that Sterling would be one of those, and so it has proven. Not too late for him to turn it around of course, but i think he needs to do it quite sharpish or the window of opportunity - at least the window of opportunity playing at a top team - will disappear.
  • Like 1

He's only 19 <deleted>.

To think, Liverpool never used to let a player near their first team until he was about 25, and had done at least a couple of years in the reserves.

blink.png

Of course he has time to develop and improve, but my point was, when you get a run in the first team, doesn't matter whether you are 19 or 29, you have to deliver, and pretty quickly, because if you don't, you may never get another chance. Sterling delivered, and then some, when he first got his chance, but since then, has tailed off in my opinion.
  • Like 2

Furthering the discussion of age, Harry Wilson has been called up to the Wales National Team....16 years old!

Is this your way of saying you think you are going to make the top four this season?

biggrin.png

biggrin.png This is the kind of British depth you need to make the top 4. Wales will also now qualify for the World Cup.

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 2

Just for the record, though I thought Hodgson was rubbish for us he has done better with other teams (inc England). But to call him a racist over his joke is beyond belief and shows the pettiness that has now become rife in football. Find the joke and read it, to think he was applying it to any black players is absurd (monkeys in space is a fact not an allusion). This PC stuff has gone too far, a student in my class (female) complained today that an example containing 3 people didn't have had a female in it!!!! This was obviously because it is impossible for 3 males to congrugate, in the same way that a monkey is obviously a ....I'm sorry but I now know that it is impossible for me to insert a word without causing, seeming, offence. Most of my friends of different ethnitisity would find this ridiculous, but we obviously need to pander to the whims of the complete minority. I'm sorry, but if you tell a joke about a snowman I'm not going to take offence, simply because I'm not one, and i don't believe educated, cosmopolitan people think I am either. Obviously the England manager would want to wind his players up with racist jokes...not. rant over but this is getting on my nerves.

• Like 1

Just for the record, though I thought Hodgson was rubbish for us he has done better with other teams (inc England). But to call him a racist over his joke is beyond belief and shows the pettiness that has now become rife in football. Find the joke and read it, to think he was applying it to any black players is absurd (monkeys in space is a fact not an allusion). This PC stuff has gone too far, a student in my class (female) complained today that an example containing 3 people didn't have had a female in it!!!! This was obviously because it is impossible for 3 males to congrugate, in the same way that a monkey is obviously a ....I'm sorry but I now know that it is impossible for me to insert a word without causing, seeming, offence. Most of my friends of different ethnitisity would find this ridiculous, but we obviously need to pander to the whims of the complete minority. I'm sorry, but if you tell a joke about a snowman I'm not going to take offence, simply because I'm not one, and i don't believe educated, cosmopolitan people think I am either. Obviously the England manager would want to wind his players up with racist jokes...not. rant over but this is getting on my nerves.

i cannot stand hodgson in any way but what's been done to him here is pathetic and disgraceful. doesn't make me feel any sympathy for the horrible meff but it is nonetheless outrageous that anyone is calling his weird comments racist and it undermines the campaign against racism in football when you use and abuse incorrect cases like this and make them high profile.

it's got nothing to do with 'PC stuff' by the way nelly. this is just idiots wilfully misunderstanding something to make a headline. political correctness in the main is a very good thing.

• Like 1

i cannot stand hodgson in any way but what's been done to him here is pathetic and disgraceful. doesn't make me feel any sympathy for the horrible meff but it is nonetheless outrageous that anyone is calling his weird comments racist and it undermines the campaign against racism in football when you use and abuse incorrect cases like this and make them high profile.

it's got nothing to do with 'PC stuff' by the way nelly. this is just idiots wilfully misunderstanding something to make a headline. political correctness in the main is a very good thing.

The thing with political correctness is that if it is to overt it damages the cause, and, unfortunately, using positive discrimination can be the worst thing that you can do. I actually think this is political correctness, it is the politics of football being hijacked by the press to make headlines; which I suppose is more like political incorrectness, if you get my drift. I believe that people are starting to think that any discrimination or abuse is related to poloitical corectness, which is untrue. That is what i mean by PC stuff, the unreal being made real by the media.

Exciting game. Liverpool were far too slow in the first 15 minutes of the second half - almost as though they expected to win it (didn't we all at that point) and turned down the volume. Unexpected 2nd goal from Newcastle who posed little real threat otherwise. Once the Reds pulled back level I would have put money on them coming out with a 4-2 win. Still not sure how Newcastle clung on. In the end it would have been a bit unfair on Newcastle if Suarez had struck the winner in one minute of time after overtime.

Very enjoyable game and one that Liverpool should have won comfortably. I may be on my own but I just can't see any improvement in Henderson wherever he plays and I'm not a great fan of Moses either. Agree with Mr B, I thought Mignolet was a bit slow at moving over for the first goal.

First goal should have been saved, second goal was woeful ball watching.

Moses through the middle didn't work, why we waited to 60 minutes to change this I don't know.

Just did not click today, no rhythm, looked really lethargic and sloppy.

You'd think when they went down to 10 men we'd get 3 points. That is 2 points dropped.

Fair dos to Newcastle though, battled hard for that. I think with 11 on the park we might not have got a draw today.

• Like 1

Very enjoyable game and one that Liverpool should have won comfortably. I may be on my own but I just can't see any improvement in Henderson wherever he plays and I'm not a great fan of Moses either. Agree with Mr B, I thought Mignolet was a bit slow at moving over for the first goal.

Yes, they looked like the two weak links. Mignolet must not have seen that ball off Cabaye's foot.

Henderson being versatile will be his downfall...He will never be the one to command a position!! Hendo lucas is out just slot in for me...Hendo .jonno's banned just slot in for me ...i need you to push on .i need you to stick!!!Bits n pieces players like him i feel sorry for.

Another game that Henderson has disappointed me. Let's let Moses just run at people, and wait until he adds another dimension before asking something else from him. We need somebody to thread the ball through defenses (some excellent balls by Stevie G today) And need cover for Coutiniho badly. The second goal was a disgrace---though I don't know who to blame specifically. Entertaining and we should have won, 2 badly dropped points. On a positive note I watched the game drinking cider and eating a burger, which I haven't done for over 3 yearsbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Another game that Henderson has disappointed me. Let's let Moses just run at people, and wait until he adds another dimension before asking something else from him. We need somebody to thread the ball through defenses (some excellent balls by Stevie G today) And need cover for Coutiniho badly. The second goal was a disgrace---though I don't know who to blame specifically. Entertaining and we should have won, 2 badly dropped points. On a positive note I watched the game drinking cider and eating a burger, which I haven't done for over 3 yearsbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Moses put Suarez in for Studges goal .OK I do agree he's not quite the sharpened pencil that Couthino is & yes as soon a PC is fit moses will be happy to play off the bench. On Hendo ,the poor lad will never settle on any position as long as there are better around him ...Versality can be a killer!!

• Like 1

Took you 90 mins to eat a burger facepalm.gif