Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Everton deserved this, if not more. They bossed the game for long periods. We need to think further than we are. We are better going forward, so let's forget about footie tappie football and let the attackers do their thing. I just want more stability at the back. Apart from lukoko ( spelling is shit) I thought we did that. S+S should start every game, fuc_k the other tactics, let teams worry about us

I'm not sure we are playing footie tappie football as much this season, we are more direct to accommodate S & S. In fact I'm not sure week to week Rodgers knows what is the best strategy based on personnel and I think he has had to sacrifice the possession based football to accommodate. We had a great second half to last season, but we don't seem to be playing the same tactics.

I don't know why we didn't start Sakho (maybe because of the international match?) to defend against against lukoko on Sunday.

I have concerns about the midfield defensively, and it seems to be the same woes we had last season. When being hit on the break there is no cover in midfield and massive space in behind exposing our defense. We could do with a Mascherano or 2.

Mignolet must be worth a decent amount of the points we have. Apparently he has stopped 32 of the first 52 shots at goal this season, comparatively last season Reina stopped 22 of the first 52. Obviously this can not be compared due to circumstance of play, but it can't be denied our position on the ladder could look different if it wasn't for our keeper.

In January, I hope in addition to a defensive midfielder we can score that attacking midfielder we were after in the summer.

Big month coming up, 7 games. At the moment I don't see us winning away to the likes of City or Chelsea and Tottenham will give us a tough game. If we can hold them 3 or 2 of those (City looks a bridge too far) teams to a draw and take 12 points from the other matches I'd be very happy. One of the reasons we are where we are at the moment is the lesser sides are taking points against the bigger sides and if we can keep beating those same teams whilst not losing to bigger teams then that just might be good enough to have a credible season finish of…

Edited by BangrakBob

Really would like to see Sakho and Agger for our trip to Hull tigers or whatever their called nowadays. Also a midfield of Hendo, Allen and Lucas. Our next 3 games should be 9 points in the bag which will keep us in the top 3.

Any news on Kelly? Also I heard Enrique is out for 10 weeks, a wee bit longer than expected.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Really would like to see Sakho and Agger for our trip to Hull tigers or whatever their called nowadays. Also a midfield of Hendo, Allen and Lucas. Our next 3 games should be 9 points in the bag which will keep us in the top 3.

Any news on Kelly? Also I heard Enrique is out for 10 weeks, a wee bit longer than expected.

don't see sakho and agger ever starting as a pair mate. i genuinely can't name a pair of two left-footed centrebacks from football history, it's just too unbalanced.

agree that gerrard probably needs a rest but we wouldn't half miss his dead-ball delivery.

i've all but written kelly off, he can't seem to get fit. enrique's out for ages but after saturday i'd give flanagan another start at hull. thought he did enough to keep his shirt.

Don't know Stevie, surely 2 quality CB's both left footed wouldn't make that much difference? Do you mean when they bring the ball out from defence or if their on the back foot with a striker running at them?

Such a shame about Kelly, had high hope for him especially with Brendan and his team managing Agger and Gerrard so well.

Defo agree in regards to Flanno keeping his place, thought he done very well.

it's just unbalanced mate, particularly on the turn. and that can mean whether players are running at them with the ball or running off their shoulder or just running onto throughballs or crosses. left-footed players aren't comfortable on their right sides at all whereas right-footed players are more comfortable and can usually use their left foot at least a bit. i honestly don't think anyone can name a pair of left-footed centrebacks from football history. they just don't work together.

Everton deserved this, if not more. They bossed the game for long periods. We need to think further than we are. We are better going forward, so let's forget about footie tappie football and let the attackers do their thing. I just want more stability at the back. Apart from lukoko ( spelling is shit) I thought we did that. S+S should start every game, fuc_k the other tactics, let teams worry about us

I'm not sure we are playing footie tappie football as much this season, we are more direct to accommodate S & S. In fact I'm not sure week to week Rodgers knows what is the best strategy based on personnel and I think he has had to sacrifice the possession based football to accommodate. We had a great second half to last season, but we don't seem to be playing the same tactics.

I don't know why we didn't start Sakho (maybe because of the international match?) to defend against against lukoko on Sunday.

I have concerns about the midfield defensively, and it seems to be the same woes we had last season. When being hit on the break there is no cover in midfield and massive space in behind exposing our defense. We could do with a Mascherano or 2.

Mignolet must be worth a decent amount of the points we have. Apparently he has stopped 32 of the first 52 shots at goal this season, comparatively last season Reina stopped 22 of the first 52. Obviously this can not be compared due to circumstance of play, but it can't be denied our position on the ladder could look different if it wasn't for our keeper.

In January, I hope in addition to a defensive midfielder we can score that attacking midfielder we were after in the summer.

Big month coming up, 7 games. At the moment I don't see us winning away to the likes of City or Chelsea and Tottenham will give us a tough game. If we can hold them 3 or 2 of those (City looks a bridge too far) teams to a draw and take 12 points from the other matches I'd be very happy. One of the reasons we are where we are at the moment is the lesser sides are taking points against the bigger sides and if we can keep beating those same teams whilst not losing to bigger teams then that just might be good enough to have a credible season finish of…

Yeah December is massive - 12 points would be excellent but I can't see us getting more than 10 at most which will hopefully still see us in a good position.

The season is wide open as everyone has seen so far.

January - Yes something not quite right with our midfield (its the balance) or when Gerrard has been over used. I think Gerrard has to be part of the set up he still has it un abundance in spells but his deliveries alone have been amazing this season. His game time just needs managing.

Really hope we have already identified our January targets and more importantly get them…

Yeah December is massive - 12 points would be excellent but I can't see us getting more than 10 at most which will hopefully still see us in a good position.

January - Yes something not quite right with our midfield (its the balance) or when Gerrard has been over used. I think Gerrard has to be part of the set up he still has it un abundance in spells but his deliveries alone have been amazing this season. His game time just needs managing.

Really hope we have already identified our January targets and more importantly get them…

It is wide open and I think we will some serious activity in January from teams in the top 6.

I think you are right Gerrard needs to be used more sparingly, I don't know if Rodgers has the balls to do that. They say no man is bigger than the club, but Gerrard comes close and has been very influential at the club on and off the park.

it's just unbalanced mate, particularly on the turn. and that can mean whether players are running at them with the ball or running off their shoulder or just running onto throughballs or crosses. left-footed players aren't comfortable on their right sides at all whereas right-footed players are more comfortable and can usually use their left foot at least a bit. i honestly don't think anyone can name a pair of left-footed centrebacks from football history. they just don't work together.

This gives a good argument for Agger & Sakho to be paired up.(& a left footed partnership from Inter Milan)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1858202-why-france-world-cup-hero-mamadou-sakho-and-daniel-agger-are-ideal-for-liverpool

• Like 1

This gives a good argument for Agger & Sakho to be paired up.(& a left footed partnership from Inter Milan)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1858202-why-france-world-cup-hero-mamadou-sakho-and-daniel-agger-are-ideal-for-liverpool

You read the Bleacher Report do you!! biggrin.png

^Yes ,just then.

Now that you've come out from ignoring me will Alfieconn follow?whistling.gif

I've never ignored you. Just never found any interest in anything you had to say.

This post tickled me though. And i'm always happy to discuss football.

It is wide open and I think we will some serious activity in January from teams in the top 6.

I think you are right Gerrard needs to be used more sparingly, I don't know if Rodgers has the balls to do that. They say no man is bigger than the club, but Gerrard comes close and has been very influential at the club on and off the park.

I do agree Stevie looked tired on Saturday and could do with a rest. I thought first half he was poor. I personally would like to see us 2 or 3-0 up at half time in one of the next couple of home games coming up and then give him a rest.

• Like 1

<deleted> me Wilai....you'd like to be 2 or 3 up at half time would you!! are you taking the piss, speak to a Spurs fans.

I'd be happy with an offside goal to win 1-0 in fergie time!!! (that should bring back a few memories to Man Utd fanswink.png )

• Like 1

<deleted> me Wilai....you'd like to be 2 or 3 up at half time would you!! are you taking the piss, speak to a Spurs fans.

I'd be happy with an offside goal to win 1-0 in fergie time!!! (that should bring back a few memories to Man Utd fanswink.png )

It was me Carms. Yes I would, I thought the last game against at home, 3-0 up at HT was a perfect time to rest him. If the situation arises in the next couple of games let him put his feet up. You can't take anyone lightly in the league these days and if we leave him out we might just regret it.

Ha ha I know your struggling for goals, but thats just taking the p*iss! biggrin.png

Can I have some of what you are smokin' Carms?

Anyone know anything about this Martin Montoya from barca?

Apparently Ayre has gone out there to try and get deal done for the 22yr old. Barca have stalled on a new contract.

Nothing at all but if Barca don't feel inclined to renew hi contract i wouldn't get too excited.

Spurs bought a young Barca player and few years ago for 4.5m. Loads of talent. Then it became very obvious why they let him go.

He could pass a ball but couldn't pass a nightclub. Mr Ayre would be advised to proceed with caution!

Apparently Ayre has gone out there to try and get deal done for the 22yr old. Barca have stalled on a new contract.

Nothing at all but if Barca don't feel inclined to renew hi contract i wouldn't get too excited.

Spurs bought a young Barca player and few years ago for 4.5m. Loads of talent. Then it became very obvious why they let him go.

He could pass a ball but couldn't pass a nightclub. Mr Ayre would be advised to proceed with caution!

do you mean giovanni dos santos? we had our own barca wonderkid in dani pacheco - now playing for spanish second division side alcorcon.

montoya's a bit older than those supposed wonderkids were and is a decent fullback. we could definitely do with a new leftback to be honest - cissokho looks an increasingly strange signing but at least he's only on loan, while enrique is injured and even when fit is a sort of spanish john arne riise. loads of fitness and physique but the brain of a badger.

do you mean giovanni dos santos? we had our own barca wonderkid in dani pacheco - now playing for spanish second division side alcorcon.

montoya's a bit older than those supposed wonderkids were and is a decent fullback. we could definitely do with a new leftback to be honest - cissokho looks an increasingly strange signing but at least he's only on loan, while enrique is injured and even when fit is a sort of spanish john arne riise. loads of fitness and physique but the brain of a badger.

Yes mate, Dos santos. Half mex, half Brazillian and i believe voted best 'young" player of the last world cup.

Diabolical waste of talent. Apparently we flew his parents over to help get him in line but nothing worked. Ironically the lad has enough natural talent to remain in top flight football.

Whilst I agree with what your saying what isn't good enough for Barca could be certainly good enough for Liverpool.

Did they let Fabregas go or did Arsenal get him before Barca gave him a contract at 15?

I thought he was a right back & only unable to break into the 1st team (as a regular)because of a certain Mr Alves.

Edited by mad mary

I thought he was a right back & only unable to break into the 1st team (as a regular)because of a certain Mr Alves.

That is true, but apparently he can play both right and left.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25158730

Steven Gerrard could become a centre-back - Brendan Rodgers

Just wondering if you guys have managed to put to bed any delusions you were still holding about Stevie playing an attacking role up front?

I said after the last World Cup in which he did such a great job as a holding midfielder, that that is where he will be playing for both club and country from now on, and i think so it has proven.