Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Superb again....fantastic! Every single one of them.

This is the time I was talking about to rest a couple of them. No worried about another cricket score, would rather have them fresher for City. Could you imagine Brendan asking Luis to sit out the second half though....good luck with that!

No idea why Stering was booked , but Skirtle is on a knife edge. Makay showing how to gee a team up for the second half. Tan is a major <deleted>. No idea about football, tradition, or grace

• Like 1

Top of the league!

Took our foot off the gas second half,still doubts and concerns over our defending at set pieces but other than that we are frightening going forward.Fluid ,interchangable & best of all relentless when in the mood.

Reckon we'll need an abacus to keep score of the next two games.

You are a mid table club punching above your weight so nothing wrong your just heading back to where you belong, Brendan pretty well confirmed it by saying you are nothing without sturridge in the team, If Suarez leaves in january my dream of seeing liverpool being relegated could come truewink.png

18 goals in 5 games and 12 points without Sturridge. We couldn't get any further away from mid-table if we tried, keep dreaming nev

'Frightening going forward', certainly agree with that!

I also am continuously impressed that even when winning well we still press and move we such energy and desire. Brendad, again, needs to be given credit for this.

Onto the next couple of games, real tests, lets see how we get on, be tough and like has been mentioned we certainly need to tighten it up at the back.

YB

Henderson is really coming on leaps and bounds, seems to have stepped up to the plate.

Playing in his preferred position has helped...no wonder Stevie G is champing at the bit to get back from injury, he will be getting a little worried about his place in the side!

fantastic news, merry christmas.

first trip to anfield for a while tomorrow, looking forward to it even more now.

Nice one Stevie lad, enjoy!

cheers fella, hope to. lunchtime kickoff so beers in the king charles at 11am. lovely.

Is that the King Charles, the little place, at the bottom end of Thirlmere Road ? If it is, it's amazing that it's still going. Someone was recently telling me about the Liverpool pubs that are now closed including the Clarence on Utting Ave and the Crown on the East Lancs which was a landmark as much as a pub. The last time I was round there a few years ago the Oakfield (known more as the Thirly) round the corner from the Charles was shut too.

fantastic news, merry christmas.

first trip to anfield for a while tomorrow, looking forward to it even more now.

Nice one Stevie lad, enjoy!

cheers fella, hope to. lunchtime kickoff so beers in the king charles at 11am. lovely.

Is that the King Charles, the little place, at the bottom end of Thirlmere Road ? If it is, it's amazing that it's still going. Someone was recently telling me about the Liverpool pubs that are now closed including the Clarence on Utting Ave and the Crown on the East Lancs which was a landmark as much as a pub. The last time I was round there a few years ago the Oakfield (known more as the Thirly) round the corner from the Charles was shut too.

yep, corner of thirlmere and grasmere. the pubs around the ground only keep going on matchday revenues as far as i can tell. the albert's still busy, the sandon of course, the stanley still does alright. the whole area is in such need of investment and refurbishment though, as always promised as part of the new stadium project - it's a bloody mess around the whole anfield area now, and sad to see.

yep, corner of thirlmere and grasmere. the pubs around the ground only keep going on matchday revenues as far as i can tell. the albert's still busy, the sandon of course, the stanley still does alright. the whole area is in such need of investment and refurbishment though, as always promised as part of the new stadium project - it's a bloody mess around the whole anfield area now, and sad to see.

Yes, but on the bright side the Suarez transfer fee would pay for a large chunk your new stadium.

And it seems they don't get planning permission these days unless they throw in a few supermarkets and some cheap housing. There'll be a Primark and a Wetherspoons there before you know it.

thumbsup.gif

Edited by Chicog

Yes, but on the bright side the Suarez transfer fee would pay for a large chunk your new stadium.

And it seems they don't get planning permission these days unless they throw in a few supermarkets and some cheap housing. There'll be a Primark and a Wetherspoons there before you know it.

thumbsup.gif

Didn't know suarez had been sold already!!! How much did we get?

There is a Wetherspoons about 3/4 of a mile away on Walton rd.No primark though as Anfield is mainly a residential area,there is one in the City centre that is always rammed.We call it Primani .thumbsup.gif

this is a good one.

"Suarez's current goal tally would have made him the Premier League's top scorer already in the 97/98, 98/99 and 08/09 seasons ahead of Shearer (18), Dublin/Owen/Sutton (18), and Anelka (19, but in more games) respectively. He's one goal behind Drogba in 06/07 and Berbatov/Tevez in 10/11 as well."

this is a good one.

"Suarez's current goal tally would have made him the Premier League's top scorer already in the 97/98, 98/99 and 08/09 seasons ahead of Shearer (18), Dublin/Owen/Sutton (18), and Anelka (19, but in more games) respectively. He's one goal behind Drogba in 06/07 and Berbatov/Tevez in 10/11 as well."

phenomenal, I think he has the highest for a calendar month also with 10

this is a good one.

phenomenal, I think he has the highest for a calendar month also with 10

Even more phenomenal considering he missed the first 6 games!!!

Thoughts on whether we will try and outplay City on Boxing day or try a keep it a little bit tighter?

I say a 'little bit tighter' as I can never see Brendan sitting back. Difficult one, I hope we can sure up at the back whilst causing them problems going forward.

Thoughts?

YB

Thoughts on whether we will try and outplay City on Boxing day or try a keep it a little bit tighter?

I say a 'little bit tighter' as I can never see Brendan sitting back. Difficult one, I hope we can sure up at the back whilst causing them problems going forward.

Thoughts?

YB

Only problem there is we don't really know how to play tight, or how to stop a good attack.

I think we are better off trying to out score them, might unsettle them if we get a good start.

There is no point playing for a draw, better defenses have been put to the sword at the Etihad.

Thoughts?

YB

Only problem there is we don't really know how to play tight, or how to stop a good attack.

I think we are better off trying to out score them, might unsettle them if we get a good start.

There is no point playing for a draw, better defenses have been put to the sword at the Etihad.

I understand what your saying and is a catch 22. Lets hope this is the case, 3-0 at half time and we might have a chance. One thing for sure is that we are going to need to be more clinical that we have been in the last 2 games. That may sound stupid or like I am taking the p*ss but I am deadly serious, we have missed a lots of chances, a team like City will make us pay for missing those.

P.s I am not criticizing or complaining about previous performances just merely stating we will need to be more clinical in the next 2 games especially.

• Like 1

My Christmas present to you scousers.

Found this, from Bill Shankly. Hilarious!!

Of course I didn't take my wife to see Rochdale as an anniversary present.It was her birthday.Would Ihavegot married during the football season? And anyway it wasn't Rochdale, it was Rochdale reserves. Bill (William) Shankly Quoted in Peter Ball and Phil Shaw The Book of Football Quotations (1990).

• Like 2