Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

still am not going to say there's a "fair" chance. we're still outsiders in a race of three. but i am going to vanish off the face of the earth for a week if we do do it.

If City dont win vs Utd, and we can win all of our games, we'll be champions. Hard i know, but i think it'll take something silly like that for us to win. Nevertheless, still been a fantastic season from Liverpool and Rodgers.

oh i know the maths mate. but i refuse to get beyond one game at a time here. we might yet win them all, but i will not countenance that kind of thinking. we're not at home to mister complacency. just keep winning. beat sunderland then regroup for spurs. keep trying very hard to keep clean sheets and just keep getting the ball to suarez and sturridge as quickly and as often as possible.

and yeah, been a gas this season. and it isn't over yet. the thought of us winning it from here genuinely scares me. because it might be the <deleted> death of me.

still am not going to say there's a "fair" chance. we're still outsiders in a race of three. but i am going to vanish off the face of the earth for a week if we do do it.

If City dont win vs Utd, and we can win all of our games, we'll be champions. Hard i know, but i think it'll take something silly like that for us to win. Nevertheless, still been a fantastic season from Liverpool and Rodgers.

oh i know the maths mate. but i refuse to get beyond one game at a time here. we might yet win them all, but i will not countenance that kind of thinking. we're not at home to mister complacency. just keep winning. beat sunderland then regroup for spurs. keep trying very hard to keep clean sheets and just keep getting the ball to suarez and sturridge as quickly and as often as possible.

and yeah, been a gas this season. and it isn't over yet. the thought of us winning it from here genuinely scares me. because it might be the <deleted> death of me.

Of course mate, one game at a time. Tottally agree. But cant help a lad from dreaming :)

Of course mate, one game at a time. Tottally agree. But cant help a lad from dreaming smile.png

man i was barely able to get served in a pub last time we won the title. so yeah i'm dreaming too. and planning a flight back for the newcastle match already. but still, one game at a time like. :D

'Last report was 48 meters, what will it be in a years time?'

Depends what medication he takes.

thumbsup.gif

In English football. pitches are xxx yards x xx yards. Goals are 8 yards wide and 8 ft high. The penalty area is known as the 18 yard box, the penalty spot is 12 yards and a player has to retreat 10 yards from a free kick..........so, why the hell is everyone referring to Rooney's goal in metres? biggrin.png

Maybe players should retreat from a free kick 10 x 91.44 cm ?

Oh by the way Rooney's goal was about 52.49 yards out. wink.png

And there are approx. 120 single hair grafts required per square inch in a hair transplant tongue.png

thumbsup.gif

In English football. pitches are xxx yards x xx yards. Goals are 8 yards wide and 8 ft high. The penalty area is known as the 18 yard box, the penalty spot is 12 yards and a player has to retreat 10 yards from a free kick..........so, why the hell is everyone referring to Rooney's goal in metres? biggrin.png

And there are approx. 120 single hair grafts required per square inch in a hair transplant tongue.png

I guess I'm a bit stuck in time Mr B. biggrin.png

But I also can't stand the way statistics have crept into football. Assists, tackles won, passes attempted etc etc, it's all going American and I thought football (or should I say soccer) was above all that crap. I didn't need anyone to tell me how many successful dribbles Best made, how many superb strikes Rush made on target or how many crunching tackles Dave Mackay made. Personally, I think it's all a load of nonsense, I, you, we all know who the good players are.

BTW how are you so clued up on the hair transplant subject? wink.png

E.g. I watch the Suarez & Sturridge partnership, I know it works, it's exciting and great to watch. I'm not really interested in anything other than that.

Edited by uptheos

thumbsup.gif

But I also can't stand the way statistics have crept into football. Assists, tackles won, passes attempted etc etc, it's all going American and I thought football (or should I say soccer) was above all that crap. I didn't need anyone to tell me how many successful dribbles Best made, how many superb strikes Rush made on target or how many crunching tackles Dave Mackay made. Personally, I think it's all a load of nonsense, I, you, we all know who the good players are.

E.g. I watch the Suarez & Sturridge partnership, I know it works, it's exciting and great to watch. I'm not really interested in anything other than that.

Agree with just about all that Ups, though I have to admit I kind of like the assists category. As for the rest, it is an abomination and I speak from experience being from the states. Honest to God, if you watch baseball on the telly the amount of meaningless statistics shoveled out is mind boggling. Of course given the games often last between three and four hours, the commentators must fill a lot of what otherwise would be dead air. I would prefer the dead air.

NFL football has become nearly as bad.

• Like 1

thumbsup.gif

Exactly. But try telling Bayern Munich that ups.thumbsup.gif

Several members on here who I have met can vouch that my hair is indeed all my own biggrin.png

But if you lose tonight to United mr b, you might need to do a Rooney.thumbsup.gif

Joking.

I can see a hatful tonight.

facepalm.gif

thumbsup.gif

I agree with you to a point. Especially the "assist" statistic. Its quite pointless because you could pass the exact same ball to three different strikers of conflicting abilities and maybe only one will score. Exact same pass to RVP or Kenwyn Jones for example!

However, statistics alerted Spurs to Eriksen "creating more scoring opportunities" last season than any other player in the main five european leagues so we had a fair inkling that 12m was a snip. that statistic is far more relevant than the stupid assists which actually tells you more about your strikers.

Several members on here who I have met can vouch that my hair is indeed all my own biggrin.png

But if you lose tonight to United mr b, you might need to do a Rooney.thumbsup.gif

Joking.

I can see a hatful tonight.

facepalm.gif

All the years that I have rode on the roller coaster ride being a City fan hasn't made me bald yet p45, so no matter what happens tonight I'm confident I'll still have hair in the morning. Now my finger nails are a different story tongue.png

• Like 1

thumbsup.gif

However, statistics alerted Spurs to Eriksen "creating more scoring opportunities" last season than any other player in the main five european leagues so we had a fair inkling that 12m was a snip. that statistic is far more relevant than the stupid assists which actually tells you more about your strikers.

I took some stick on here about October/ November time when I used this stat to show how well Gerrard was playing and how important he was for us. At the time (and wouldn't mind betting he's still up there) he had created the most "scoring opportunities" in the league. Many said define a "scoring opportunity" and "what a load of crap". Sometimes in my opinion it does have its uses and I am sure someone like Brendan Rodgers is as well as an extremely good man manager and tactician, he's very into his "stats".

thumbsup.gif

I took some stick on here about October/ November time when I used this stat to show how well Gerrard was playing and how important he was for us. At the time (and wouldn't mind betting he's still up there) he had created the most "scoring opportunities" in the league. Many said define a "scoring opportunity" and "what a load of crap". Sometimes in my opinion it does have its uses and I am sure someone like Brendan Rodgers is as well as an extremely good man manager and tactician, he's very into his "stats".

Don't mind these old gits with jumpers for goal posts, probably still use an an abacus for a calculator. btw Ups was waxing lyrical about United stats this morning tongue.png

I find stats interesting, sometimes they might not mean much but other times they do and patterns do occur. I think FSG know a bit about it too.

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

thumbsup.gif

Well i was never nasty to you was i. I agree with you.

That and the fact you are probably the politest poster in the history of the TV Football Forumlaugh.png

• Like 1

I feel a Shankly moment and a small Leo is in order.

'Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.'

thumbsup.gif

What Rodgers has done with Gerrard this season has been amazing, he's slowly turned him into a Pirlo type of player, hes probably creating more chances now then he ever did. Although i should say the style of football we play now probably helps him.

• Like 2

What Rodgers has done with Gerrard this season has been amazing, he's slowly turned him into a Pirlo type of player, hes probably creating more chances now then he ever did. Although i should say the style of football we play now probably helps him.

Agree and there's a hell of a lot more players he should be credited to bringing the best out of too!

I daresay this will unleash another hissy fit, but as have said before, Hogson was the one who really initiated Gerrard's evolution into the player we see today, during the last world cup, when he used him so effectively. After that competition, I got it on the neck on here for stating my views that Gerrard was no longer best employed as a gunning forward, attacking, goal scoring midfielder, and would be better used by Liverpool, as he was used by England, in a more defensive role, further back, starting moves off. I was told I was stupid, or words to that effect, and that Gerrard would always be best in an attacking role, to which my response was, well, let's see where Liverpool play him then. I think we have our answer, do we not?

'Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.'

thumbsup.gif

What did he know? biggrin.png

• Like 1

• Capello was manager at the last world cup

Never let the facts interfere with a load of ballacks though Bob.thumbsup.gif

Good manager is Rodgers btw.

Looking for our old Chelsea mucker Gus to get something tonight though.

thumbsup.gif

A feel a damn good thrashing is in order tonight wink.png

• Like 1

thumbsup.gif

What did he know? biggrin.png

"Whose the midget Tommy?"

"Name is Messi"

"Sign him"

thumbsup.gif

• Capello was manager at the last world cup

Never let the facts interfere with a load of ballacks though Bob.thumbsup.gif

Good manager is Rodgers btw.

Looking for our old Chelsea mucker Gus to get something tonight though.

thumbsup.gif

A feel a <deleted> good thrashing is in order tonight wink.png

what the...??? "deleted" I thought that was new fashionable trend people were typing instead of swearing on here. It was hardly a swear word, is "dam" a swear word