Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Tbh guys I think we could all drive ourselves mad.

Seems to me it's not rocket science.

Chelsea problem. No potency up front.

Liverpool problem. A bit iffy at the back.

Adapt for next season, hunky dory.

What is gone is gone. Blame who you like.

Next season start again.

Liverpool and my lot are in very good shape.

thumbsup.gif

And mark my words, watch their points total drop next season when they have the same game and travelling schedule as the others in Europe.

Meanwhile Chelski and Citeh will both go and spend 100m and stick two fingers up to Platini.

Very true.

And for next season, not only do i see Liverpool struggling hard and failing to repeat this season's performance, i see Everton also sliding down the table. It's what happens to teams who punch above their weight and are asked to be good chaps and just carry on punching like that. Never works.

Who do you reckon will replace Everton and Liverpool?

Good question. Liverpool might not necessarily be replaced. I just don't think they'll have the title in their hands with a few games to play, come the end of next season. 10 to 15 points off the top would be my guess. As for Everton and who replaces them, take your pick really. Think they'll end up somewhere in the lower top half of the table.

That was probably the best chance the Mickey Mousers had to win the title. And they've blown it with two huge displays of tactical ineptitude.

Tactical ineptitude? OK, admit I didn't see the game last night, but tactically I don't think at three goals to the good, going out to get more was tactically a bad decision. Perhaps the players have to take the blame. Just because you press for goals doesn't mean you have to switch off at the back.

Perhaps I should explain, since others here have been so quick to provide their "observations" on other managers when things have been looking rosy for the Reds.

(1) Going all out to beat Chelski was stoopid. One point from an unadventurous double decker of a team and last night would have seen Liverpool playing with confidence and assuredness instead of panic and desperation.

(2) Bringing on Coutinho was a master stroke of idiocy. He's a skilful player alright but he's a lightweight, and one team against whom you do not want lightweights in midfield is any one that Tony Pulis puts together. That's what left holes for Palace to exploit, no-one needed to worry about Sterling any more, so they were allowed to press more, and that's what cost Liverpool the win.

(3) Victor Moses. Need I say more?

giggle.gif

The old Mickey Mousers don't like it up 'em, do they?

cheesy.gif

That was probably the best chance the Mickey Mousers had to win the title. And they've blown it with two huge displays of tactical ineptitude.

Tactical ineptitude? OK, admit I didn't see the game last night, but tactically I don't think at three goals to the good, going out to get more was tactically a bad decision. Perhaps the players have to take the blame. Just because you press for goals doesn't mean you have to switch off at the back.

Perhaps I should explain, since others here have been so quick to provide their "observations" on other managers when things have been looking rosy for the Reds.

(1) Going all out to beat Chelski was stoopid. One point from an unadventurous double decker of a team and last night would have seen Liverpool playing with confidence and assuredness instead of panic and desperation.

(2) Bringing on Coutinho was a master stroke of idiocy. He's a skilful player alright but he's a lightweight, and one team against whom you do not want lightweights in midfield is any one that Tony Pulis puts together. That's what left holes for Palace to exploit, no-one needed to worry about Sterling any more, so they were allowed to press more, and that's what cost Liverpool the win.

(3) Victor Moses. Need I say more?

giggle.gif

The old Mickey Mousers don't like it up 'em, do they?

cheesy.gif

Well i still feel with parts of your argument, that they speak from the benefit of hindsight, which is something that can make us all sound quite clever... ok, perhaps not all of us... but anyway, seeing as i didn't actually see the game last night, i'll bow out of the debate and leave it to those who did. Assume you did?

And mark my words, watch their points total drop next season when they have the same game and travelling schedule as the others in Europe.

Meanwhile Chelski and Citeh will both go and spend 100m and stick two fingers up to Platini.

Very true.

And for next season, not only do i see Liverpool struggling hard and failing to repeat this season's performance, i see Everton also sliding down the table. It's what happens to teams who punch above their weight and are asked to be good chaps and just carry on punching like that. Never works.

Good question. Liverpool might not necessarily be replaced. I just don't think they'll have the title in their hands with a few games to play, come the end of next season. 10 to 15 points off the top would be my guess. As for Everton and who replaces them, take your pick really. Think they'll end up somewhere in the lower top half of the table.

that's massively speculative. why 10 or 15 points? we've had the best attack in the division this season, they'll be better next season and we'll buy more depth in the summer. hopefully we'll also address our defensive achilles heel. so why would we suddenly fall that far back?

• Like 1

that's massively speculative. why 10 or 15 points? we've had the best attack in the division this season, they'll be better next season and we'll buy more depth in the summer. hopefully we'll also address our defensive achilles heel. so why would we suddenly fall that far back?

Yeah it is admittedly very speculative Stevie. It's just my hunch. It's based on my feeling that you may well lose a couple of important players in the summer, and not successfully replace them. It's also based on the toll i think the extra games next season will take on your squad, combined with a bit less luck with regards picking up injuries. This season Rodgers has done the musical equivalent of writing a surprise hit album that took the charts by storm. Next season will be his follow up album. They are always the tricky ones. Reckon his third album might be one to look out for though.

I must admit I am struggling with the logic too.

I fully expect L'pool to be right up there next season.

( But Moses ain't going to be the key to it if you want to get into head banging territory ).

Very true.

Everton will probably lose Lukaku and there's speculation over Barklay, so I can see them being weaker. I don't think Liverpool will weaken much, if at all, provided they can keep the same squad and maybe add a few. I will be very interested to see what happens at Spurs, there's no reason why they shouldn't be up there if they can get sorted out. Man U of course, I think things will happen there,

I must admit I am struggling with the logic too.

I fully expect L'pool to be right up there next season.

( But Moses ain't going to be the key to it if you want to get into head banging territory ).

Didn't say they wouldn't be right up there i said they wouldn't have their hands on the title with a few games to play, as was the case this season. I expect Chelsea and City to more fully capitalize next season on having better players than Liverpool, as they could have done this season but both failed to. If i'm wrong and Chelsea and City go on failing to get the best out of their squads next season as well, all well and good eh.

Everton will probably lose Lukaku and there's speculation over Barklay, so I can see them being weaker. I don't think Liverpool will weaken much, if at all, provided they can keep the same squad and maybe add a few. I will be very interested to see what happens at Spurs, there's no reason why they shouldn't be up there if they can get sorted out. Man U of course, I think things will happen there,

Yeah pretty much agree. With Liverpool, the key is of course Suarez. If he goes, they'll be dealing with a very big hole. What sort of season would they have had without him? Yeah i know they did well at the beginning of the season without him, but could they go on performing like that without him? Of course not. You don't lose a player like that and not be massively affected long term.

Top 4 next season, same as Top 4 this season.

Just a bit of switching around.

biggrin.png

And at least one of them will go a very long way in the CL.

The others will give us very good entertainment value too.

Gonna have to wait a bit for United to catch up.

smile.png

Yeah pretty much agree. With Liverpool, the key is of course Suarez. If he goes, they'll be dealing with a very big hole. What sort of season would they have had without him? Yeah i know they did well at the beginning of the season without him, but could they go on performing like that without him? Of course not. You don't lose a player like that and not be massively affected long term.

And no matter how big the money, very difficult to replace as other teams have found out.

I don't know why, but I have this feeling that Suarez would most definitely stay if Liverpool won the league, now if a big bid comes in I'm not so sure. I hope he stays it's been a pleasure watching the Liverpool team this season.

the owners ignored the release clause once given that I presume its still there, I'de be surprised if suarez and his agents, given the money thats likely to be on offer, will allow it to happen again.

If Stoke City can get a decent striker, watch out for an even better season 2014-15

thumbsup.gif

He'll need to be very tall though Bernard.

smile.png

Why????

Hughes is going for speedier players and it showed second half against spuds and the whole game against Fulham, we tore Fulham apart

OK own up

Tottenham have apologised after a video mocking Liverpool's collapse in the title race appeared on their Twitter Account and say they will investigate.

A message reading "brutal but very funny", accompanied by a video of Reds striker Luis Suarez crying, appeared on Tottenham Twitter feed.

Spurs quickly removed the post and are looking into a "security issue".

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27290060

the owners ignored the release clause once given that I presume its still there, I'de be surprised if suarez and his agents, given the money thats likely to be on offer, will allow it to happen again.

Your trolling insight never gets beyond the level of the classroom muppet does it?
recently got chatting to.a.couple of footie pro's at the gym and as much as I tried to put an arguament about players loyalty even throwing trophies,champions lge footie, what ever, into the equation they were 100% resolute, they said, and sadly they totally refusd to budge, No MATTTER who it was, if it was made finacially worth their while, the player would move. Edited by rijit

Your trolling insight never gets beyond the level of the classroom muppet does it?
recently got chatting to.a.couple of footie pro's at the gym and as much as I tried to put an arguament about players loyalty even throwing trophies,champions lge footie, what ever, into the equation they were 100% resolute, they said, and sadly they totally refusd to budge, No MATTTER who it was, if it was made finacially worth their while, the player would move.

Well I've just got off the phone with Luis & he said he's staying ,no matter what the bloke down the gym said !!

Honestly lad ,have a word with yourself.

Blurt.

• Like 2

recently got chatting to.a.couple of footie pro's at the gym and as much as I tried to put an arguament about players loyalty even throwing trophies,champions lge footie, what ever, into the equation they were 100% resolute, they said, and sadly they totally refusd to budge, No MATTTER who it was, if it was made finacially worth their while, the player would move.

Well I've just got off the phone with Luis & he said he's staying ,no matter what the bloke down the gym said !!

Honestly lad ,have a word with yourself.

Blurt.

I'd bet Suarez will stay, if for no other reason than who's going to pony up the mega dosh ? Real Madrid have their attack set up with Ronaldo, Bale and Di Maria. PSG has Ibra, though they could lose Cavani. Plus they have FFP to consider (maybe). Barca ? Unlikely I would think. In the EPL ? Suarez won't be going for any $41mil. Why would he trade one EPL club for another given the set up that suits him at Liverpool ?

He has CL play, and with a club that has supported him and plays attacking football.

Reckon if he goes, he'll go abroad.

Currently one of the best striker in the world is almost guaranteed of mega dosh offers.

Up to Luis and his missus.

Guess he'll do the World Cup and have a think.

I reckon he'll stay at Liverpool. Rodgers, Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling works. Yesterday he was gutted.

Unfinished business.

my point was.mad. we'd all.like 2 hang.on to the hope there's a faint glimmer of loyalty, and a belief in the manager team ect within players, bottom line we all know/suspected its 100% plus about MONEY, but it was a bit disturbing to hear how emphatic they both were. They left me with no doubt Suarez gets a finacial package liverpool cant/wont match suarez is liverpool folklore.

Just had a long rive through the desert and this thread has gone to the dogs whilst on the journey. Several posts and replies removed. Sorry for the intelligent replies to posts that I have removed but no choice and no time to tidy them up to an acceptable level.

Keep it civil gents or there will be warnings.

• Like 1