Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Derisory or not, it was above the apparent release clause and we were a team who came 7th that season. We had a player who was sulking, trying to force a move and we had to make him train on his own, everything pointed towards having to let him go and that he could cost us if we didn't. Additionally he brought no one in of any significance to prove his intent.

i think he took enough of a gamble under that pressure to say he has reasonably large testes.

Well if it was above the apparent release clause why didn't he go ?

Henry just said no..apparently he can do that

Oh I understand now, so it was a release clause without the release rolleyes.gif

yeah like a double secret release clause wink.png

Can't agree with that Bob. All John Henry did was turn down a derisory. I think Henry is yet to really prove he's anything other than in it for the merchandise revenue. This summer he has a gilt edged opportunity to prove otherwise.

Derisory or not, it was above the apparent release clause and we were a team who came 7th that season. We had a player who was sulking, trying to force a move and we had to make him train on his own, everything pointed towards having to let him go and that he could cost us if we didn't. Additionally he brought no one in of any significance to prove his intent.

i think he took enough of a gamble under that pressure to say he has reasonably large testes.

because it wasn't a 'release clause'. that was the mistake suarez's agent and arsenal made. it was a 'bid this amount and we are obliged to sit down and begin negotiations with you' clause. didn't mean we had to sell, just that we'd sit and talk potential figures with a CL club. a 'bid £40m to show that you're at least serious and then we'll really start talking turkey' clause.

henry ballsed it out last summer, didn't take less than suarez was worth, threw him in the reserves for being a knobhead. no reason to think we'll do anything different this summer, he signed a lucrative new contract and we don't *have* to sell. barcelona bang on about being more than a club, well time to show you're more than a cheapskate as well then. lash us some of that dodgy qatar money you all lapped up so readily despite your usual harping on about being a club with more morals than the rest. £50m + alexis sanchez or £80m cash or we just walk away from the table and tell you to go bum yourselves.

• Like 1

CARILLION has been appointed as the preferred bidder for the £75m contract to extend the main stand Liverpool FC's Anfield stadium.The club wants to put an extra 8,500 seats in the stand, taking capacity to 21,000, and remodel the outside area.Supporters will cross a large plaza and enter the ground by walking up a large ramp at the stand above a new home for the Hillsborough Memorial. There are also plans for a further 4,800 seats at the Anfield Road end which would give the stadium a capacity of 58,800.Carillion said

Lots of cost cutting and sub-contractor screwing on this job then

A release clause is a contract between the player and the club (I guess). If both parties to the contract agree that the release clause does not apply in a particular set of circumstances then it does not apply.

CARILLION has been appointed as the preferred bidder for the £75m contract to extend the main stand Liverpool FC's Anfield stadium.The club wants to put an extra 8,500 seats in the stand, taking capacity to 21,000, and remodel the outside area.Supporters will cross a large plaza and enter the ground by walking up a large ramp at the stand above a new home for the Hillsborough Memorial. There are also plans for a further 4,800 seats at the Anfield Road end which would give the stadium a capacity of 58,800.Carillion said

Could see the first of 'Luis Quick Bite' food chain opening.

smile.png

• Like 1

It was £80M before the World Cup bite and it will be £80M after. In reality I don't see how any club could really justify paying more than 100M if he had golden balls and never harmed a fly. The 20M discount for grand nuttery was already there before the latest incident.

Ban or no ban he can still single handedly win them matches. If banned he is still good for 6/ 7 months worth of football twice a week in multiple competitions.

Barca would recoup a massive portion of that in merchandising alone.

yeah - going to be interesting to see just how much this contract clause is now. £80m is about right now i guess. but i see no reason to think that john henry will sell him on the cheap - didn't last summer, why should we this? and his world cup performances have no bearing on his value, he was the best player in england by a country mile last season.

absolutely Stevie, I'd be surprised if Henry let him go for anything oner than his valuation. Henry showed he has the balls when we were in a much weaker position last summer, his position is much stronger now and he will have the backing of all and sundry.

Henry showed he had balls by turning down 40,000,001 pounds biggrin.png

Rubbish, you always turn down the first offer.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Can't agree with that Bob. All John Henry did was turn down a derisory. I think Henry is yet to really prove he's anything other than in it for the merchandise revenue. This summer he has a gilt edged opportunity to prove otherwise.

because it wasn't a 'release clause'. that was the mistake suarez's agent and arsenal made. it was a 'bid this amount and we are obliged to sit down and begin negotiations with you' clause. didn't mean we had to sell, just that we'd sit and talk potential figures with a CL club. a 'bid £40m to show that you're at least serious and then we'll really start talking turkey' clause.

henry ballsed it out last summer, didn't take less than suarez was worth, threw him in the reserves for being a knobhead. no reason to think we'll do anything different this summer, he signed a lucrative new contract and we don't *have* to sell. barcelona bang on about being more than a club, well time to show you're more than a cheapskate as well then. lash us some of that dodgy qatar money you all lapped up so readily despite your usual harping on about being a club with more morals than the rest. £50m + alexis sanchez or £80m cash or we just walk away from the table and tell you to go bum yourselves.

henry said there was a release clause but they just ignored it,,, yeah right.

let's not go over this old chestnut again, Wenger's a tight arse we didn't sell end of.

Check this guy out, is this photoshopped or is he actually trolling...

post-102811-0-23403000-1404319472_thumb.

Edited by BangrakBob

it wasn't a 'release clause' in the normal sense. see above. it's a bit like the difference between 'two' and 'three'.

it wasn't a 'release clause' in the normal sense. see above. it's a bit like the difference between 'two' and 'three'.

biggrin.png

get your facts right it was a release clause henry just ignored it

,http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-release-clause-in-luis-suarez-contract-was-activated-by-arsenal-but-liverpool-owner-john-henry-reveals-club-ignored-it-9164948.html

and the real answer was?

you doubled his wages.

yeah basically they paid him i presume a fee for signing onclap2.gif and 5 milish extra a year, and tbh i doubt very much Arsenal/Wenger could/would

match it so he stayed a season. and at 27? his price will be starting to go down, so 2 be fair 2 liverpool transfer money wise its never gonna get

better than it is at the mo, just take him out of the team and over a season will Liverpool be able to mount challenge for the top 4 ?

Henry just said no..apparently he can do that

Oh I understand now, so it was a release clause without the release rolleyes.gif

yeah like a double secret release clause wink.png

yeah thw secret one came in tbis season along with a nice paid holiday and the adulation of a gullible nation.

Here's one for you Spurs boys as you like being on here so much...

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-07-02 at 7.49.38 PM.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-07-02 at 7.52.00 PM.png

If your happy taking our cast offs fair enough biggrin.png

It's not that they are no good, it's just that nobody plays any good for your boys. Ahh well... at least they'll "have a crack at the title"

You don't understand Alfie. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum See ya I'm, off to Liverpool

• Like 1

It's not that they are no good, it's just that nobody plays any good for your boys. Ahh well... at least they'll "have a crack at the title"

You don't understand Alfie. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum See ya I'm, off to Liverpool

No 3. biggrin.png

No 3. biggrin.png

Oh mate, it is sad how easy you are to sucker in.

No 3. biggrin.png

he's having al arf at his own expense . u take ure self.far to.seriouaely down sarf we'd call.it up your own arse or just plain being a c--t's probably easier.

This thread seems to be going the way of the TVF World Cup threads.

facepalm.gif

Suarez will go to Barcelona and seriously threaten RM.

How much he goes for, and will he bite?

Up to you experts to decide.

Barca are looking at the big picture.

thumbsup.gif

[quote name=nellyp" post="8051917" timestamp="1404377229]

[quote name=alfieconn" post="8051635" timestamp="1404372134]

[quote name=nellyp" post="8051144" timestamp="1404363676]

[quote name=alfieconn" post="8050306" timestamp="1404351630]

[quote name=BangrakBob" post="8049545" timestamp="1404320020]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No 3. biggrin.png

[/quote]

he's having al arf at his own expense . u take ure self.far to.seriouaely down sarf we'd call.it up your own arse or just plain being a c--t's probably easier.

It must very expensive for him.

And since when has alfie needed a cock----ney wannabe to fight his battles...innit me old china. I'd say up your arse, but with your head already up it there isn't much point innit you old cock spara