Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

BR.." Nah, Spuds need a left back more than we do so let them have Davies. What? ....the parasites have bid for Origi?...Ok, screw them, offer 10m for him then"biggrin.png

you were 19 the money was the sam ish , where would you pic to live London or Liverpool?whistling.gif dificult one thatw00t.gif

BR.." Nah, Spuds need a left back more than we do so let them have Davies. What? ....the parasites have bid for Origi?...Ok, screw them, offer 10m for him then"biggrin.png

you were 19 the money was the sam ish , where would you pic to live London or Liverpool?whistling.gif dificult one thatw00t.gif

liverpool, obviously.

Disappointed to miss out on Sanchez. In my opinion 32 million is a bargain for him.

We have been doing well getting more numbers in, but in my opinion we need one really top class signing in the forward/creator area. I think the money for this Serbian winger is quite a bit for a player with potential, that ya, has done well in Portugal, but it's yet to see if he progresses or if nobody's talking much about him a few years, kind of like Bojan.

Emre Can is also a top prospect, also with senior experience, but also just a solid year so far in his career.

I think Lallana is a great signing, though, and Lambert is older but of course it's a good deal at that price and for depth in the striker position.

If we get a left-back in, maybe a central defender, and one really class signing, I'd be happy. I thought Sanchez plus 2 defenders and that would be a brilliant window.

It's no secret we need more depth this season to compete.

And Ya Ya Toure, where did that rumor come from? Since we won't get Sanchez I'd take that, though he only has a few good years left in him, I would think. I can't even begin to actually believe that would really happen, though. He's not a forward, obviously, but we know he scores goals and can play centrally as well as more of an attacking midfielder. Still think I'm dreaming, though.

In all seriousness I've seen foreign players who come to London say they had no idea the traffic was so bad and complaining about taking a couple hours to get to practice every day. I think I even saw Torres saying that, if I'm right.

So maybe our sales pitch should be, "Come to Liverpool, the traffic's not nearly as bad as London!"

Edited by Jimjim

"come to liverpool, people are friendly and it's just nicer".

I'm trying really hard to stay out of this one!!!

However, baring in mind footballers can afford to steer clear of areas like Tottenham, the Isle of Dogs etc and locating in the likes of Belgravia, Mayfair and Kensington i'd say london is somewhat of a no brainer.

All said, feel free to pitch the finer points of Liverpool to me as i'm open to being proven wrong!!

I do seem to remember a certain russian deciding to buy an irrelevant little club because he preferred the location.

• Like 1

^ Was probably warned off by Rebrovbiggrin.png

When asked, by a Russian journalist, how Pavlyuchenko should adapt to British life, the former Ukraine forward Rebrov said: 'A lot of dark skinned people lived near White Hart Lane so the crime rate was high.'

He also claimed that if Pavlyuchenko didn't want to be a 'robbery victim' he should avoid walking around the area close to the Spurs ground.

• Like 1

When asked, by a Russian journalist, how Pavlyuchenko should adapt to British life, the former Ukraine forward Rebrov said: 'A lot of dark skinned people lived near White Hart Lane so the crime rate was high.'

He also claimed that if Pavlyuchenko didn't want to be a 'robbery victim' he should avoid walking around the area close to the Spurs ground.

biggrin.png It says enough that the safest day of the week is match day. I'm not aware what the stats are now but Seven Sisters tube station used to have the worst crime rate on the London Underground.

Thing is though, footballers don't live there, and don't train there.

EDIT. Just to let you know if you haven't done this one yet but Fulham is to me probably the best away fixture of the season. Right on the thames, great local pubs either side of the river, nice stroll through Bishops Park to the ground that sits next to the river. great location for the game and twenty minutes from the west end to continue after the game.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Seems like Barca are struggling to find the 75 mill they need to buy Luis . And ol` Whinger is not best pleased because until Barca get Luis , Sanchez remains in Spain . I am still not happy at the thoughts of giving all that money to Rodgers , god knows his transfer dealings since becoming manager have not been great.

However, baring in mind footballers can afford to steer clear of areas like Tottenham, the Isle of Dogs etc and locating in the likes of Belgravia, Mayfair and Kensington i'd say london is somewhat of a no brainer.

All said, feel free to pitch the finer points of Liverpool to me as i'm open to being proven wrong!!

I do seem to remember a certain russian deciding to buy an irrelevant little club because he preferred the location.

Liverpool like most city`s in UK has its problems , But where the footballers stay ie in the Formby area over-looking Liverpool Bay its really nice . Some great golf courses has well . I reckon it is the night-life that appeals to the younger generation .

Liverpool like most city`s in UK has its problems , But where the footballers stay ie in the Formby area over-looking Liverpool Bay its really nice . Some great golf courses has well . I reckon it is the night-life that appeals to the younger generation .

Of course I meant the night-life in the smoke .

Carmine...EDIT. Just to let you know if you haven't done this one yet but Fulham is to me probably the best away fixture of the season. Right on the thames, great local pubs either side of the river, nice stroll through Bishops Park to the ground that sits next to the river. great location for the game and twenty minutes from the west end to continue after the game.

Mine too mate...except it was tough to get tickets for our games (until I worked with a FFC season ticket holder for a while) Golden Lion before the game and The Boat House apres the winsmile.png

Seems like Barca are struggling to find the 75 mill they need to buy Luis . And ol` Whinger is not best pleased because until Barca get Luis , Sanchez remains in Spain . I am still not happy at the thoughts of giving all that money to Rodgers , god knows his transfer dealings since becoming manager have not been great.

really? bear in mind he didn't sign aspas and luis alberto and didn't want them.

Carmine...EDIT. Just to let you know if you haven't done this one yet but Fulham is to me probably the best away fixture of the season. Right on the thames, great local pubs either side of the river, nice stroll through Bishops Park to the ground that sits next to the river. great location for the game and twenty minutes from the west end to continue after the game.

Mine too mate...except it was tough to get tickets for our games (until I worked with a FFC season ticket holder for a while) Golden Lion before the game and The Boat House apres the winsmile.png

yep, my favourite away that too. lovely location for a stadium, we always used to walk through parson's green and over eel brook common to carry on drinking on fulham broadway after the match. shame they've got rid of the mental michael jackson statue now though.

???? Yeah...Coutinho and Sturridge were big balls ups weren't they?coffee1.gif

Easy answer for Whinger....give em 35m for Sanchez' missus and job doneclap2.gif

• Like 1

Are you lot pinching Davies off of us ?

Wouldn't be a transfer window without Spurs using our scouts and poaching our transfer targets

On a more serious note, I think its just a case of that we are both in the same bracket behind the big 4 when it come to buying player's.

biggrin.png It says enough that the safest day of the week is match day. I'm not aware what the stats are now but Seven Sisters tube station used to have the worst crime rate on the London Underground.

EDIT. Just to let you know if you haven't done this one yet but Fulham is to me probably the best away fixture of the season. Right on the thames, great local pubs either side of the river, nice stroll through Bishops Park to the ground that sits next to the river. great location for the game and twenty minutes from the west end to continue after the game.

The Arsenal always do a booze cruise down the river for that one.

;)

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The Arsenal always do a booze cruise down the river for that one.

wink.png

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Judging by the noise that comes out of Arsenal supporters I would have thought that it was more of a Snooze cruise laugh.png

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 2

In all seriousness I've seen foreign players who come to London say they had no idea the traffic was so bad and complaining about taking a couple hours to get to practice every day. I think I even saw Torres saying that, if I'm right.

So maybe our sales pitch should be, "Come to Liverpool, the traffic's not nearly as bad as London!"

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You scousers don't have a clue, Arse and the Chavs training grounds aren't even in London, West ham and Spurs are in the suburbs nowhere near busy areas ! so anyone who took a couple of hours to get to practice are either walking or got lost biggrin.png

Rodgers has never had free reign over transfers. From the beginning that was clear, even in his first press conference.

I think Joe Allen has proven to be a worthy buy, after losing form and then improving, again.

Last summer's window wasn't great, though. The players who really excelled were already at the club.

The Sturridge/Coutinho window was pretty fantastic, however!

You scousers don't have a clue, Arse and the Chavs training grounds aren't even in London, West ham and Spurs are in the suburbs nowhere near busy areas ! so anyone who took a couple of hours to get to practice are either walking or got lost biggrin.png

Glad you could get your rocks off on that.

I guess it would all depend on how close to the training ground a player would choose to live. Perhaps someone like Sanchez would want to live right in London, if that's the attraction for them.

I was simply remembering something I'd read Torres say, and having a laugh. Found it in just a minute.

'The first few weeks were not easy for me,' he admitted. 'I do not know London, have spent time looking for somewhere to live and it’s all been a bit of a mess.
'It's a much bigger city then Liverpool and that takes getting used to, not knowing if it will take 40 minutes to get to training or a lot longer if the traffic is bad.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1366409/Fernando-Torres-joined-Chelsea-instead-Manchester-United-City-respect.html

I would suppose, "a lot longer" could mean an hour or more longer, but how knows. And...who cares?! Not me.

So there ya go, ROFLer..

Rodgers has never had free reign over transfers. From the beginning that was clear, even in his first press conference.

I think Joe Allen has proven to be a worthy buy, after losing form and then improving, again.

Last summer's window wasn't great, though. The players who really excelled were already at the club.

The Sturridge/Coutinho window was pretty fantastic, however!

Glad you could get your rocks off on that.

I guess it would all depend on how close to the training ground a player would choose to live. Perhaps someone like Sanchez would want to live right in London, if that's the attraction for them.

I was simply remembering something I'd read Torres say, and having a laugh. Found it in just a minute.

'The first few weeks were not easy for me,' he admitted. 'I do not know London, have spent time looking for somewhere to live and it’s all been a bit of a mess.
'It's a much bigger city then Liverpool and that takes getting used to, not knowing if it will take 40 minutes to get to training or a lot longer if the traffic is bad.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1366409/Fernando-Torres-joined-Chelsea-instead-Manchester-United-City-respect.html

I would suppose, "a lot longer" could mean an hour or more longer, but how knows. And...who cares?! Not me.

So there ya go, ROFLer..

Nando lived in the centre so to get to Cobham would probably take at least an hour at the arse end of rush hour.

I don't really want to get into this one but will just add that most training grounds are located on the outskirts and most i'd have thought that most of the players would be traveling against the rush hours, both in and out of London so it would be an easy quick run. Prime example being Cobham. Arsenal about six junctions down the M1 at London Colney i think, Spurs at chigwell before the new training center at enfield

Mate of mine said you'd always see the odd retarded mong looking ex Arsenal players around the area like Keown (monkeys headwink.png ) Merson, Bould and idiot bloke with a pony tale and a rash....sorry slightly off topic...

Yep. Good point.

Surprised he didn't buy Monaco.

Bit of a bstrd getting the yacht up to Fulham I would have thought.