Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Understood Stevie about preseason being pointless but it can be an indicator. I remember preseason last year when I saw Liverpool play a number of matches and the very positive impression I had of them at the time. And that impression carried over into and through the entire EPL season. So, clearly pointless as regards racking up points, etc., but not always meaningless.

United have been impressive, no two ways about it. LVG clearly has had an impact. If he can score a decent CB or two I'd wager they could be in the hunt. Good and very good CB's not so easy to hunt down but United still has plenty of dosh available it seems.

van gaal has energised united, good for them. not that they could get much less energetic than they were under moyes. but the only thing that really matters about pre-season football is that pre-season football doesn't really matter. it's an indicator of how fit players are getting and that's about it. and priority one remains not getting injured. something we've not been that lucky with on this current marketing jaunt.

still it's reassuring to see that alfie still doesn't know what irony is.

• Like 2

I was busy tryng to bleed myself out after hearing the result against United. Missed a very weak trollathon here.

I think a good indicator of the truth is the fact it has been quiet on here when we won other preseason matches, and anyone how thinks these matches are indication of anything are daft

I like the quiet, I just wanted to know how the team played (the good and the bad) Great to see the 4 posts after mine were from other supporters, and also great to see that we are followed so keenly by the lesser teams.

Just saying likewink.png

Understood Stevie about preseason being pointless but it can be an indicator. I remember preseason last year when I saw Liverpool play a number of matches and the very positive impression I had of them at the time. And that impression carried over into and through the entire EPL season. So, clearly pointless as regards racking up points, etc., but not always meaningless.

United have been impressive, no two ways about it. LVG clearly has had an impact. If he can score a decent CB or two I'd wager they could be in the hunt. Good and very good CB's not so easy to hunt down but United still has plenty of dosh available it seems.

van gaal has energised united, good for them. not that they could get much less energetic than they were under moyes. but the only thing that really matters about pre-season football is that pre-season football doesn't really matter. it's an indicator of how fit players are getting and that's about it. and priority one remains not getting injured. something we've not been that lucky with on this current marketing jaunt.

Oh pre season is only an indicator of how fit players are, really ,so Ricky Lambert ,for one ,is not trying to show that he is worth a place in the starting line up just wants to get fit.

As it stands the hole that Suarez has left behind has not been filled but there is no guarantee for any Liverpool player that they will be in the starting 11 so your point hardly makes any sense.

You get selected on form, at every club,at every level,since time began.

Oh pre season is only an indicator of how fit players are, really ,so Ricky Lambert ,for one ,is not trying to show that he is worth a place in the starting line up just wants to get fit.

As it stands the hole that Suarez has left behind has not been filled but there is no guarantee for any Liverpool player that they will be in the starting 11 so your point hardly makes any sense.

You get selected on form, at every club,at every level,since time began.

So it's not about how the teams have been working on different formations, how to incorporate the new players, who's going to play in Suarez's place !!!! basicly trying out things they've been working on in training !

Edited by alfieconn

Brenda's at it again......,

Moyes should Have Been Given More Time

*various sources*

Think he may need to knock this silly one on the head, before he starts looking like a dick.

redrus

• Like 1

Think he can say what he likes tbh. LGV has never proven himself in the league and it's been a long time since he's done anything notable at club level.

On Reina I have a lot of respect for him. He was at his peak the best keeper id seen play for us since Ray Clemence and he stuck by us during some tough times. He did however make himself look like a <deleted> when he paraded himself to Barca. Overall though he's been a good servant so am glad he will get the chance to hook up with Pep finally.

*various sources*

Think he may need to knock this silly one on the head, before he starts looking like a dick.

redrus

Yep. I read that rus.

I'm getting mixed messages out of Brendan at the moment.

Here's a blinder ( well I liked it anyway smile.png ) Blackburn Rovers sold Shearer, and the following season they dropped like an anvil down a mine shaft.

biggrin.png

( Daily Mirror)

redrus

Posted 2014-08-06 19:33:22

*various sources*

Think he can say what he likes tbh. LGV has never proven himself in the league and it's been a long time since he's done anything notable at club level.

He'd never proved himself in Holland, he'd never proved himself in Spain and, he'd never proved himself in Germany either. Three completely differing countries, with completely different styles. What makes you think that what Brenda says is anything more than a cheap shot to get the mind game race up and running........, seriously.?

With respect also, how long is "a long time" in your books as, if I remember rightly, LvG won the Bundesliga in 2010 and got Bayern to the Champions League Final too..... That's only Four years ago fella, and is distinctly "notable".

redrus

Edited by redrus
  • Like 2

Anyone heard anything about Markovic injury?

Please don't tell me this cat is gimped too.

Supposedly a light tendon strain.

Those watching confirm he isn't training today (Open training session) ....unless of course you believe Sky, in which case he istongue.png

redrus

Posted 2014-08-06 19:33:22

*various sources*

He'd never proved himself in Holland, he'd never proved himself in Spain and, he'd never proved himself in Germany either. Three completely differing countries, with completely different styles. What makes you think that what Brenda says is anything more than a cheap shot to get the mind game race up and running........, seriously.?

With respect also, how long is "a long time" in your books as, if I remember rightly, LvG won the Bundesliga in 2010 and got Bayern to the Champions League Final too..... That's only Four years ago fella, and is distinctly "notable".

redrus

I don't think Brendan is having a cheap shot at Louise, he usually leaves that to the likes of Maureeno. Might just be the way you want to interpret it, or perhaps you love Louise that much already you'd go a twos-up with P45. :D Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 2

On Reina I have a lot of respect for him. He was at his peak the best keeper id seen play for us since Ray Clemence and he stuck by us during some tough times. He did however make himself look like a <deleted> when he paraded himself to Barca. Overall though he's been a good servant so am glad he will get the chance to hook up with Pep finally.

Interesting move for Reina, though if nothing changes he will always have Manuel Neuer in front of him as number one.

Well. Fact is Brendan isn't having a cheap shot. He's talking a little bit openly to the press who will encourage him to shoot his mouth off.

Brendan's worried about van Gaal and 3-1 in Miami has seeded the doubt in his mind.

Redrus speaks the truth. Van Gaal has done it all over Europe in his first year.

Mourinho knows the score.

Well. Fact is Brendan isn't having a cheap shot. He's talking a little bit openly to the press who will encourage him to shoot his mouth off.

Brendan's worried about van Gaal and 3-1 in Miami has seeded the doubt in his mind.

Redrus speaks the truth. Van Gaal has done it all over Europe in his first year.

Clutching at straws mate. But keep clutching if it makes you feel better.

I think you are sticking your head in the sand mate , like a lot of UNITED fans did last season.

Van Gaal is going to give Liverpool a hard time. And City, and Chelsea.

I think you are sticking your head in the sand mate , like a lot of UNITED fans did last season.

Van Gaal is going to give Liverpool a hard time. And City, and Chelsea.

Sticking my head in the sand based on what exactly? LGV being appointed manager at United or a pre season game?

Fact is he's leaving it late to bring anyone in due to having been preoccupied with the World Cup all season. Most of the dross from last season is still there. Your defence is probably the worst it's been in over 15 years and there is little depth in midfield.

Keep dreaming anyway mate. 55555

L ight G oods V ehicle......... Snigger.

Is that really the best you can come up with, or have you been so preoccupied by the world Cup this summer, that your professional demeanour has been lost in the ether, leaving you unable to do your day job properly.

Pull the other one, its got bells on......!

redrus

• Like 1

L ight G oods V ehicle......... Snigger.

Is that really the best you can come up with, or have you been so preoccupied by the world Cup this summer, that your professional demeanour has been lost in the ether, leaving you unable to do your day job properly.

Pull the other one, its got bells on......!

redrus

Sorry but what does any of that even mean? Are you and p56 that infatuated with LFC that you post in here more than the united thread? 5555 come on tell us honest now.