Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

What did you all make of Bony today? He comes across as someone who is only going to have an impact if he and the ball are both in the box. Personally I hope he isn't our 1st choice. Ancelotti has said they are not signing anyone else so Falcao either stays at Monaco or maybe comes here? Would love him here.

Poor effort from Bony. Constantly dispossessed. I expected more from him.

he's a better player than he showed yesterday. not that i want us to sign him or anything.

• Like 1

What did you all make of Bony today? He comes across as someone who is only going to have an impact if he and the ball are both in the box. Personally I hope he isn't our 1st choice. Ancelotti has said they are not signing anyone else so Falcao either stays at Monaco or maybe comes here? Would love him here.

Thing is JD, playing as a lone striker is a thankless task, especially away from home when defending a lead. Totally isolated, chasing/receiving long balls with at least two defenders up your arse! Never gonna look good under those circumstances.

On the plus side, his quick thinking set up the second goal, when he "persuaded" Blackett to give him the ball quickly and then took the free kick immediately while Manure's defence was out of position.

• Like 1

Thing is JD, playing as a lone striker is a thankless task, especially away from home when defending a lead. Totally isolated, chasing/receiving long balls with at least two defenders up your arse! Never gonna look good under those circumstances.

On the plus side, his quick thinking set up the second goal, when he "persuaded" Blackett to give him the ball quickly and then took the free kick immediately while Manure's defence was out of position.

Hey, I rate Bony. From these comments I'd a thought y'all had already signed him up.biggrin.png

• Like 1

BR wants a short term buy up front so that probably rules out Bony, unless we buy then sell on next year?

Falcao loan still #1 hope (whilst RM save up their euro cents/coerce government into giving them more cash*) so I'm beginning to think it might well be Eto'o for a year.

* delete where appropriate

Holy Moses.

More relief than anything...similar to last season first game, its just getting that first game out the way.

Good to see we had a bit of character to get the winner and hang on.

Southampton look in good shape, well organised back line and tough midfeild.

Wins a win as they say but I expect that fluency in our passing and just general temp to start to pick up over the next few games...plus we will have more options of the bench (Lallana, Markovic).

Rodgers just reiterated in the Post match - presser, he wants to get a striker and we will try to the end of the window.

• Like 2

More relief than anything...similar to last season first game, its just getting that first game out the way.

Good to see we had a bit of character to get the winner and hang on.

Southampton look in good shape, well organised back line and tough midfeild.

Wins a win as they say but I expect that fluency in our passing and just general temp to start to pick up over the next few games...plus we will have more options of the bench (Lallana, Markovic).

Rodgers just reiterated in the Post match - presser, he wants to get a striker and we will try to the end of the window.

We need to play the diamond earlier like last season. We were going nowhere and really flat until Lambert came on, we defo look better with 2 upfront I really hope we get a quality striker in. Not sure why we set out with Lucas, caution maybe but they did park the Chelsea bus for a good period of play.

Like you say first game of the season and dug in well, got the 3 points. We will get better, looking forward to seeing Moreno/Lallana/Markovic and Can though.

• Like 1

^

Yes. Interesting substitution Lambert for Coutinho.

Seemed to work very well.

I wonder if Mourinho will try something similar with Drogba.

Who cares???? Why don't you piss off to your own foum? I actually think you may be the fecal one in disguise. Mustangs eh.... all full of horse shit!!!!!!

^

You should care matey because it may well have a major bearing on who finishes where in the league table.

Think about it.

Let's vote on whether we care or not shall we? My vote is a big neigh................. did you see what I did there?

^

You should care matey because it may well have a major bearing on who finishes where in the league table.

Think about it.

Let's vote on whether we care or not shall we? My vote is a big neigh................. did you see what I did there?

Yeh. Brilliant. Works a treat in the House of Commons.

^That's something new ,how did you work that out?

What you may not know though is the vast majority of LFC fans couldn't give two flipping f's about other clubs & their results,we just concentrate on our own team.

Que sera sera!

I don't give a monkey's what the vast majority of LFC fans think.

Only thing that interests me is what Brendan is going to do about stopping Chelsea winning the Prem.

good result today,imo the difference between the teams,,, sturridge's is just cynical , lose him and I'm not sure you'll be able to compete for the top 4

, just a point carragher irritated the f out of me 2 start, but actually I came around as,once he stopped trying 2 hard, he started 2 make reasoned intelligent comment, but this guy sori i've given him loads of time but he's just a prick, http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/15/small-talk-michael-owen. and this interview sort of confirms it.