Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Suarez is a legend.

Wilai, you boys are gonna have to live with the legacy of the blemishes as well as the glory of having accommodated the greatest player to have graced the Premier League thumbsup.gif

Is this a joke.....?

The term 'legend' really does mean nothing anymore if you think that 'he' is one......, what does that make, Henry, Bergkamp, Giggs, Scholes, Zola, et al.?

He's spent only a few years in the league and is remembered for far more bad than good. Don't get me wrong, I know his talent and, on the strength of last year he could have gone on to rectify past mistakes, but screwed that up at the WC, then buggered off to Spain.

Sorry, this excuse for a man is a million miles away from being even half the Liverpool Legend that Gerrard is.

As for the second comment, I'll stop laughing before I comment on that.

(gotta presume that whole post was a complete work of p taking art)

redrus

Best stick to your Cleverleys, Fellainis and Fletchers then Red if it upsets you so much thumbsup.gif

You confuse me with someone else I feel good Sir, my own clubs issues are evident, with respect though, I feel I made an entirely valid point, that you chose to deflect...?

redrus

I have to agree, if Suarez is a "club legend", most Liverpool supporters must be 12.

• Like 1

Any reds on here think Suarez is a Liverpool legend?

Only one player currently playing(anywhere) is ,and that's obviously Gerrard.

Carragher also gets the same status .

I obviously have my own opinion on the 2 you mention, of course from an entirely bias point of view but, especially regards Gerrard, I can only actually agree with you.

Liverpool, come on, 2 satang please...?

redrus

• Like 1

nah, is he buggery. he's one of the two or best players i've ever seen in a red shirt but legend is reserved for a certain few really.

• Like 1

nah, is he buggery. he's one of the two or best players i've ever seen in a red shirt but legend is reserved for a certain few really.

Thank f#*k for that.....!

redrus

Taken from the Chav's thread but obviously more relevant to this thread :

seems like that's going to be a running theme this season. fans singing about gerrard when not playing liverpool. sad gets they are.

Out of interest, why do you think this is guys ? a dislike of Gerrard, a dislike of Liverpool, a bit of both, after all other teams players make mistakes but don't get slated by other supporters every week.

Edited by alfieconn

Luis definitely one of if not best ever striker we have ever had . But legend no . The way he left was not the best . The biting incident in the W/C was contrived to speed up his move to Barca . Stevie is the only legend in the last 20 odd yrs . Carragher never a legend for me vastly overated , Souness my all time favourite player closely followed king Kenny , both as players never as managers .

Edited by fonsboy
  • Like 1

Luis definitely one of if not best ever striker we have ever had . But legend no . The way he left was not the best . The biting incident in the W/C was contrived to speed up his move to Barca . Stevie is the only legend in the last 20 odd yrs . Carragher never a legend for me vastly overated , Souness my all time favourite player closely followed king Kenny but him only as player never , as a manager.

don't think that's true to be honest mate. most people close to the club have said he was pretty much going anyway.

legend gets thrown around a bit too often really but i don't think it's unfair to say that carragher and hyypia both qualify from the last 20 years. carragher was a one-club man, at his peak was as good a defender as there was in world football and he won the european cup. so he gets in i think.

• Like 1

Kuyt ?

cult hero. and top, top lad into the bargain. one you'd want in the trenches with you.

I agree. Always thought he gave 100% and an honest, hard player. A similar vein to the likes of Zabba for me and I think Zabba will eventually go down as a City legend.

• Like 1

Luis definitely one of if not best ever striker we have ever had . But legend no . The way he left was not the best . The biting incident in the W/C was contrived to speed up his move to Barca . Stevie is the only legend in the last 20 odd yrs . Carragher never a legend for me vastly overated , Souness my all time favourite player closely followed king Kenny but him only as player never , as a manager.

don't think that's true to be honest mate. most people close to the club have said he was pretty much going anyway.

legend gets thrown around a bit too often really but i don't think it's unfair to say that carragher and hyypia both qualify from the last 20 years. carragher was a one-club man, at his peak was as good a defender as there was in world football and he won the european cup. so he gets in i think.

I thought this was a serious topic cheesy.gif

Luis definitely one of if not best ever striker we have ever had . But legend no . The way he left was not the best . The biting incident in the W/C was contrived to speed up his move to Barca . Stevie is the only legend in the last 20 odd yrs . Carragher never a legend for me vastly overated , Souness my all time favourite player closely followed king Kenny , both as players never as managers .

Poor Keegan, what does he have to do?

Taken from the Chav's thread but obviously more relevant to this thread :

seems like that's going to be a running theme this season. fans singing about gerrard when not playing liverpool. sad gets they are.

Out of interest, why do you think this is guys ? a dislike of Gerrard, a dislike of Liverpool, a bit of both, after all other teams players make mistakes but don't get slated by other supporters every week.

Kicking big names when they're down. Always a favorite pastime and more so now than ever with social media.thumbsup.gif

No no jd, plenty of big names have made mistakes but for some reason they havn't had the stick that Gerrard gets !

I thought this was a serious topic cheesy.gif

it can't be now that you've posted in it alfie, i'll give you that.

the fact that you disagree with the statement of course gives it much increased credibility.

• Like 2

Poor Keegan, what does he have to do?

oh keggy is, aye. kenny, souness, keegan, rush, thompson, carragher, gerrard, clemence, barnes, hansen from my lifetime. plenty from before that, liddell, yeats, smith, hunt, hughes etc.

Kuyt ?

cult hero. and top, top lad into the bargain. one you'd want in the trenches with you.

I agree. Always thought he gave 100% and an honest, hard player. A similar vein to the likes of Zabba for me and I think Zabba will eventually go down as a City legend.

kuyt is still very under-appreciated by a lot of liverpool fans, quite possibly because he didn't look like a typical modern footballer and he wasn't the prettiest lad around. but he was bloody effective, scored a comfortable double figures every season for five seasons from midfield and was a big game player. every team should have one.

• Like 1

There is no doubt he badly wanted to go to Spain either Real or Barca , but as I said in my post he wanted to speed it up . FSG/John Henry also wanted rid of him despite what they said at the time . There is no way for me he would have bit someone else . I reckon him & his agent decided on this & it paid off . Now if he does it again I will show my arse in Lewis`s window

Two boys not been mentioned , I would love to have in the side today instead of Lucas & Allen :- Stevie McMahon & Jimmy Case , with Terry Mac . on the bench . Listened to old Terry doing the radio commentary on LFCgo . What a star .....